AR-15's are not assault weapons

Meanwhile back in reality, the prison guards in the towers in Texas are given AR15’s to (apparently not) assault escaping inmates.

An assault weapon is capable of automatic fire. AR-15's are not capable of auto fire. No semiauto rifle without a switch to allow auto fire is an assault weapon.

I agree, the term 'assault weapon' is a political designation that tries to equate AR-15s with real weapons of war that are illegal under current law. IOW, typical progressive liberal bullshit. Every gun is an inanimate object that requires a person to use it. Simple logic tells us that if a person wants to kill someone they will find a way to do it.

An assault weapon is capable of automatic fire. AR-15's are not capable of auto fire. No semiauto rifle without a switch to allow auto fire is an assault weapon.
Not this lame, ignorant nonsense again.

An assault weapon is whatever a legislative body determines it to be – not the military, not the gun manufacturers, and not message board nitwits.

dont play word games,,

all guns, knives, sticks and rocks are assault weapons if thats the way you use them,,

if youre trying to make a 2nd A argument you need to stop with the word games because the 2nd A is specific to weapons of war and any other type of weapon/arms,,

so when any leftist prick is talking about it just tell them to fuck off,,

dont let them control the narrative with stupid word games,,

Meanwhile back in reality, the prison guards in the towers in Texas are given AR15’s to (apparently not) assault escaping inmates.

Interesting use of the word 'assault'. An assault is an attack; it is the escaping inmates who are attacking rather than the other way around. Perhaps the use of AR15s is something of a deterrent to escaping inmates? One wonders how many incidents there have been of prison guards in towers in Texas shooting a bunch of escaping inmates with AR15s. That possibility might be a reason why we don't hear of such events. Which is kinda the point, no?

Interesting use of the word 'assault'. An assault is an attack; it is the escaping inmates who are attacking rather than the other way around. Perhaps the use of AR15s is something of a deterrent to escaping inmates? One wonders how many incidents there have been of prison guards in towers in Texas shooting a bunch of escaping inmates with AR15s. That possibility might be a reason why we don't hear of such events. Which is kinda the point, no?

For a time the only person to ever be shot with one of those AR15’s was a prison guard who was depressed on duty. So you may be on to something.

I certainly would not launch an assault with one. I could easily see myself defending with one.

Every weapon is an "assault" weapon, including AR 15.

A homemade shiv, a saturday night special your fists, can all be used for the purpose of assault. The "assault weapon" term is just a way to demonize it.

Actually, when I was a kid, inexpensive handguns were the ones being demonized, not higher quality weapons.

This is the level of subject knowledge the anti-gun left works with.
Its no wonder they can't create meaningful legislation that everyone can support.

1727102527219.jpeg

Not this lame, ignorant nonsense again.
An assault weapon is whatever a legislative body determines it to be – not the military, not the gun manufacturers, and not message board nitwits.
Inherent in this position is the fact 'assault weapons' do not exist in 41 of the 50 states.
This means, since 2008 (the last 15 years) , 'assault weapons' were used in a total of 9 mass shootings, killing 64 people.

Forum List

Back