AR15: Weapon of war! And?

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Below, an example of just one of any number of people arguing the AR is a "weapon of war(tm)"

Let's assume for a moment this nonsense is true, and the AR15 is indeed such a weapon.

So?
What sort of weapons do you you suppose the "well-regulated militia" is supposed to use?
To that end, what sort of firearm is better protected by the 2nd Amendment than the AR15?

By your convoluted logic, fully automatic weapons should be available for the public to purchase.
The truth of your statement aside....
You must have missed my questions.
I'll ask again:
- What sort of weapons do you you suppose the "well-regulated militia" is supposed to use?
- To that end, what sort of firearm is better protected by the 2nd Amendment than the AR15?

Last edited:
The term "weapon of war" is utterly meaningless.

Human beings have used just about everything as a "weapon of war"

Here is a partial list

Fists
Feet
Sticks
Stones
Clubs
Knives
Swords
Axes
Hammers
Hatchets
Arrows
Fire
Boiling Oil
etc

By your convoluted logic, fully automatic weapons should be available for the public to purchase.

Fully-automatic weapons have always been available to the public for purchase, as well as grenades, mines, and other destructive devices. You just have to be able to afford one, pass a background check, and then pay the $200 tax stamp to the US Treasury.

Here are just a few of the hundreds of dealers who would legally transfer one to you...

MIDWEST TACTICAL INC.

DealerNFA | Ruben Mendiola - Quality Machine Guns For Sale

Transferable Machine Guns in stock and for sale at OTB

Class 3 | NFA

Modern Firearms & Destructive Devices - Firearms at GunBroker.com

MACHINE GUNS & SUPPRESSORS FOR SALE

Phoenix Weaponry | NFA Items | Full Auto | SBR

Class 3 | NFA - Capitol Armory

I'll ask again:
- What sort of weapons do you you suppose the "well-regulated militia" is supposed to use?
Are you fucking serious?

Do you not know what types of firearms were available in 1776? By your convoluted logic, the most modern and deadly weaponry should be available to all of us, based on something drafted in 1776?

You think any and every weapon type should be available? So more deadly mass shootings with higher grade weapons will make all Americans safer? This is in our public interest, as Americans? We don't have a right to personal safety, because of your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment?

Do you not know what types of firearms were available in 1776? By your convoluted logic, the most modern and deadly weaponry should be available to all of us, based on something drafted in 1776?
Have you ever heard of the Puckle gun?

I'm guessing not.

What is the purpose of making weapons available for the militia?

TO DEFEND AGAINST ENEMY FORCES, all of whom will be carrying squad weapons and select-fire rifles....which most of us do not have because of you gun grabbers.

Machine guns are absolutely protected under the 2A.

Have you ever heard of the Puckle gun?
I'm guessing not.
It hardly matters.

Some have made the argument, bordering on the frivolous, that only those arms in existence in the 18th century are protected by the Second Amendment . We do not interpret constitutional rights that way. Just as the First Amendment protects modern forms of communications, e.g., Reno v. American Civil Liberties Union, 521 U. S. 844, 849 (1997) , and the Fourth Amendment applies to modern forms of search, e.g., Kyllo v. United States, 533 U. S. 27, 35–36 (2001) , the Second Amendment extends, prima facie,to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.

All bearable arms.

If the AR-15 is a "weapon of war" then why did the Democrat sponsored "assault weapon" bill exclude Federal agencies like the Department of Education, Department of Transportation, Department of Agriculture, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Housing and Urban Development and all the other filthy government agencies that don't have a mission of war?

Would any of you stupid Moon Bats care to explain that one?

If the AR-15 is a "weapon of war" then why did the Democrat sponsored "assault weapon" bill exclude Federal agencies like the Department of Education, Department of Transportation, Department of Agriculture, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Housing and Urban Development and all the other filthy government agencies that don't have a mission of war?
Indeed.
Each and every one of the agencies can purchase and use M16s and M4s.
Why would AR15s even be a consideration?

I purchased a fully automatic weapon. It is a real honest to goodness M-16. I have had it since 1976. I shoot it at the range several times a year. Legal under the NFA because I paid that filthy $200 tax, which is unconstitutional by the way.

A lot of my shooting buddies also have legal machine guns.

If you don't like it then you can kiss my ass.

Below, an example of just one of any number of people arguing the AR is a "weapon of war(tm)"

Let's assume for a moment this nonsense is true, and the AR15 is indeed such a weapon.

So?
What sort of weapons do you you suppose the "well-regulated militia" is supposed to use?
To that end, what sort of firearm is better protected by the 2nd Amendment than the AR15?
The 2nd amendment does not specify the types of weapons I can or cannot own. I've got my eye on an Abrams tank. I like AR's but I prefer a 7mm magnum. Will blow someones head clean off at 300 meters.

Forum List

Back