Are any candidates numerically ruled out of the race?

Until someone wins a majority, nobody is ruled out. A brokered convention could literally produce any of them.

That being said, there are still 1589 delegates up for grabs, according to my math. So mathematically everyone still has a hypothetical chance to obtain the 1200 some majority for the GOP nomination.

All Kasich and Rubio can hope for is a brokered convention but they can not win the nomination without one...
So Cruz is still in then?

Cruz won two states yesterday and is very close to Donald Trump... So Trump will need a massive amount of wins on the 8th and 15th to derail Cruz momentum and at this point I doubt that will happen.

It look like a brokered convention to me, and if so then Kasich need to win a few States and can make his argument he should be the nominee...

As for Cruz winning a Brokered Convention, well I do not see it happening but who the hell really knows how this will all shake out at the end...

All Kasich and Rubio can hope for is a brokered convention but they can not win the nomination without one...

Cruz won two states yesterday and is very close to Donald Trump... So Trump will need a massive amount of wins on the 8th and 15th to derail Cruz momentum and at this point I doubt that will happen.

It look like a brokered convention to me, and if so then Kasich need to win a few States and can make his argument he should be the nominee...

As for Cruz winning a Brokered Convention, well I do not see it happening but who the hell really knows how this will all shake out at the end...

There are still more than 1500 delegates to be assigned, so I don't think it's yet ripe to predict a brokered convention.

Kasich is leading in Michigan, and his home state is coming up in a couple weeks as well. I was reading another article that outlined how even though he's polling behind in gross totals in Illinois his particular strategy there might translate into a win, due to that state's Congressional District apportionment system. Puerto Rico is today. They get little attention. No polls are available. But I suspect Kasich will do well, and probably has a good chance to win it outright.

There are still more than 1500 delegates to be assigned, so I don't think it's yet ripe to predict a brokered convention.

Kasich is leading in Michigan, and his home state is coming up in a couple weeks as well. I was reading another article that outlined how even though he's polling behind in gross totals in Illinois his particular strategy there might translate into a win, due to that state's Congressional District apportionment system. Puerto Rico is today. They get little attention. No polls are available. But I suspect Kasich will do well, and probably has a good chance to win it outright.

Looking over everything and let say Kasich win Michigan, Illinois, Ohio and Puerto Rico, and then factor in Rubio win Florida and then Trump and Cruz split the other states, then it will be brokered convention...

No way one candidate get the majority of the delegates and it will come down to if the establishment will want Kasich or Rubio or will they go with the one with the most delegates and support Cruz or Trump?

Also let me say if Kasich can finish second in Florida then it is clear to me in a brokered convention Kasich is the nominee because he can carry Ohio and if he took Rubio as VP he will carry Florida and those two states are the most important states in a General Election...

Looking over everything and let say Kasich win Michigan, Illinois, Ohio and Puerto Rico, and then factor in Rubio win Florida and then Trump and Cruz split the other states, then it will be brokered convention...

You're right. But that's based on the environment remaining static. I think there is still alot of room for the air to change. Trump's hold on the lead is becoming increasingly difficult for him to maintain. Cruz's dirty tricks could explode in his face at any moment.

Also let me say if Kasich can finish second in Florida then it is clear to me in a brokered convention Kasich is the nominee because he can carry Ohio and if he took Rubio as VP he will carry Florida and those two states are the most important states in a General Election...

What if Kasich wins FL? What if Trump wins FL? Rubio has been slipping, and his ability to win his home state is questionable. If Rubio fares poorly in FL, he might throw in the towel and crown someone else.

You're right. But that's based on the environment remaining static. I think there is still alot of room for the air to change. Trump's hold on the lead is becoming increasingly difficult for him to maintain. Cruz's dirty tricks could explode in his face at any moment.

What if Kasich wins FL? What if Trump wins FL? Rubio has been slipping, and his ability to win his home state is questionable. If Rubio fares poorly in FL, he might throw in the towel and crown someone else.

If Kasich win Florida then there is no question in my mind that Kasich should be the nominee in a brokered convention.

If Trump win it then he should be the nominee and the GOP should hold their nose...

As for Cruz, well it seem not many care about his staff cheating ways in Iowa and prefer those like me forget and forgive but I will be damn, and will vote for anyone ( except Hillary ) over him!

As for now if Kasich is not the nominee for the GOP then I will vote for Gary Johnson...

This. I don't think Marco will win Florida, you could argue that Kasich derailed Rubio's campaign. This outlier poll is very encouraging for Kasich fans.

After Rubio loses Florida and Kasich wins Ohio, John becomes the darling of the #NeverTrump movement. He needs a strong showing in Michigan and he needs to win a few states after Ohio, California would seal the deal for him.

Kasich has the best shot to win a brokered convention and he has the best shot to unify a fractured republican party. Even with a brokered convention, we can still win in November because Hilldebeast. Or Comrade Bernie if Hilldawg is indicted.

We are very fortunate that our friends on the left are just as committed to running shitty candidates as we are...

But I suspect Kasich will do well, and probably has a good chance to win it outright.

uhh..........? he got beat like rented mule in KY right across bride from Ohio? Suddenly he has good chance to win it all? Please. make it stop. Trump was winning KS polls, got beat bad. Polls good?

Also let me say if Kasich can finish second in Florida

again huh? FLA is transplanted NY? Trump will clean clock. Only Cruz has any chance in FLA it would seem? Kasich should never have put his hat in ring. RINO Establishment is dead right now.

Also let me say if Kasich can finish second in Florida

again huh? FLA is transplanted NY? Trump will clean clock. Only Cruz has any chance in FLA it would seem? Kasich should never have put his hat in ring. RINO Establishment is dead right now.

Blah, Blah, Blah...

The Tea Party Caucus has spoken and no one should run for President unless they rule him or her as a true Conservative, am I correct?

The fact you believe Trump will win Florida is not surprising to me and you will pull polls out while screaming to the high heavens how it must be so, but as I wrote if Kasich can finish SECOND and not FIRST and win those other states then he has a case to be the nominee in a brokered convention...

I know how dare I not just bow down to the will of the Trump loving supporters that blindly believe anyone that does not support their candidate has to be the enemy of the state...

Blah, Blah, Blah...

The Tea Party Caucus has spoken and no one should run for President unless they rule him or her as a true Conservative, am I correct?

The fact you believe Trump will win Florida is not surprising to me and you will pull polls out while screaming to the high heavens how it must be so, but as I wrote if Kasich can finish SECOND and not FIRST and win those other states then he has a case to be the nominee in a brokered convention...

I know how dare I not just bow down to the will of the Trump loving supporters that blindly believe anyone that does not support their candidate has to be the enemy of the state...

The people seem on to the "game". The gig is up. Add up Kasich Rubio Bush and I bet they still distant third. No one wants business as usual. Trump or Cruz are the only ones left who may change something for less GOVT going forward. Many in KY work in Ohio and Kasich suck it right over bridge? No you think he suddenly gets good in MICH? MICH = Jobs = Trump. Kaich #2 in FLA? did Cruz quit?

Forum List

Back