ARE CEO's often Psychopaths?

Firing people is the fifth greatest experience in the world:) after sex , wife giving birth, an Ice cold beer on a hot day and killing your first deer.

I fired the best man at my wedding twice at two different jobs (he was making over $20 bucks an hour) for being a lazy ass worker.
Well, that is really interesting.
No, actually, it was not interesting at all. But reading it did waste a few seconds of my life that I will never get back.

Firing people is the fifth greatest experience in the world:) after sex , wife giving birth, an Ice cold beer on a hot day and killing your first deer.

I fired the best man at my wedding twice at two different jobs (he was making over $20 bucks an hour) for being a lazy ass worker.

You are the perfect example of a sadomasochist with a tiny penis.

I have worked a long time in the IT industry, from College on. And as time went on, I reported often directly to CEO's of companies I worked for. And I noticed something really common: Detachment from the normal concerns or regular people. For instance, firing a hundred or more employees seemed to not concern them in the slightest. Normal people were really concerned, even heavily depressed, over having to let one or two go, especially if the employee was not to blame. Anyone else ever puzzled over the question?
Here is a study on the subject:
Journalist Jon Ronson's book The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry sheds some new light on psychopaths and the mental health industry that surrounds them. During his research, Ronson learned that the about 4 percent of CEOs are psychopaths, which is nearly four times the rate in the general population. In fact, CEOs are more likely to exhibit psychopathic traits than folks with any other job title.
Why a Disproportionate Number of CEOs Are Psychopaths

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. These people ARE detached from real life. I've seen many VP's and even managers who suffer this syndrome. They convince themselves they are 'the chosen few' who get to lord it over the peasants. This is one of the signs of a really bad company, a culture that allows this or even fosters it. And it always emanates first from the CEO.

I have worked a long time in the IT industry, from College on. And as time went on, I reported often directly to CEO's of companies I worked for. And I noticed something really common: Detachment from the normal concerns or regular people. For instance, firing a hundred or more employees seemed to not concern them in the slightest. Normal people were really concerned, even heavily depressed, over having to let one or two go, especially if the employee was not to blame. Anyone else ever puzzled over the question?
Here is a study on the subject:
Journalist Jon Ronson's book The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry sheds some new light on psychopaths and the mental health industry that surrounds them. During his research, Ronson learned that the about 4 percent of CEOs are psychopaths, which is nearly four times the rate in the general population. In fact, CEOs are more likely to exhibit psychopathic traits than folks with any other job title.
Why a Disproportionate Number of CEOs Are Psychopaths

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. These people ARE detached from real life. I've seen many VP's and even managers who suffer this syndrome. They convince themselves they are 'the chosen few' who get to lord it over the peasants. This is one of the signs of a really bad company, a culture that allows this or even fosters it. And it always emanates first from the CEO and Board of Directors.
Correct, in my opinion. Well proven in my experience. One issue, perhaps the most important, is that the CEO works for the Board of Directors and the stockholders. And they see only Sales and Profits, as represented by the latest P & L. So they see short term results with blinders on, and the CEO is interested in Stock Options and Bonuses, not the overall success of the company. Because if he can sell the company and/or initiate a merger, his buyout will make him VERY rich. Most do not care about the workers.

4%

The facts in your own op prove you're a liar.

You literally proved you're a liar in the time it took you to go from title to op.

Have you always been stupid, or have you had to work at it. Here is the sentence out of the OP piece you seem unable to comprehend. Dipshit.
"During his research, Ronson learned that the about 4 percent of CEOs are psychopaths,"

But in the time it took you to post your ignorant attack, you did prove the following studies to be true. Thanks for that:
"Right-wingers are less intelligent than left wingers, says study"
Conservatives are less intelligent than left wingers, says controversial study - and right wing politics lead people to be racist

4%

You literally proved you're a liar in the time it took you to go from title to op.

Have you always been stupid, or have you had to work at it. Here is the sentence out of the OP piece you seem unable to comprehend. Dipshit.
"During his research, Ronson learned that the about 4 percent of CEOs are psychopaths,"

But in the time it took you to post your ignorant attack, you did prove the following studies to be true. Thanks for that:
Conservatives are less intelligent than left wingers, says controversial study - and right wing politics lead people to be racist
I would say that 95% of CEOs are Sociopaths.
Sociopaths are not Psychotic as Psychopaths cannot control themselves.

4%

You title claimed that most of them or nuts.

your link proves you to be a liar, and then you re-copied it, proving you're a fucking idiot.

thanks for the link, leftist need a new study monthly that tells them how great they are b/c being as pathetic as you are you need it to keep going.

4%

You title claimed that most of them or nuts.

your link proves you to be a liar, and then you re-copied it, proving you're a fucking idiot.

thanks for the link, leftist need a new study monthly that tells them how great they are b/c being as pathetic as you are you need it to keep going.
4%

You title claimed that most of them or nuts, what are you saying. You must mean "your", not "you"? But if you had the ability to reason, you would see that I did not on any occasion say MOST ceo's were sociopaths. That would be you trying to put words I did not say into my mouth. Which is a lie. Very dishonest, dipshit.
And you just proved you can not put together a sentence that makes sense. When you say "most of them or nuts", what was it you are trying to say? "Or" what? Did you misspell "are"?

Not really. I simply said that many ceo's have been found to be sociopaths. A really simple thing, that most everyone can understand. Try looking the word up in a dictionary. You see, the study states about 1% of the population are Sociopaths, but about 4% of ceo's are sociopaths. Apparently you are not smart enough to understand.

I suppose you think what you just said is profound. Here is the thing, me boy. What you are saying in your posts is painfully stupid. Maybe you are looking for pity? Nah. I think you are just another painfully stupid con tool.
But you do have the ability to waste people's time. How often every day do they let you play with your little computer?

Last edited:

4% is not 'often' not even fucking close.

you're a liar, nothing more.

So, you do not think that 4% is often compared to 1%. Multiply the number of people in the country who are ceo's by .04, and see if you think it would relate to OFTEN. And consider the definition. Use it in a sentence. For instance, TwoThumbs is often a stupid shit.

For instance, firing a hundred or more employees seemed to not concern them in the slightest.

It's part of the CEO's job for sure, much like doctors routinely playing golf the day their patients die or lawyers having fun when their clients go to jail.

Only a brainwashed Marxist would single out CEO's or other business folks who routinely hire and fire as a necessary part of the job.

4% is not 'often' not even fucking close.

you're a liar, nothing more.

So, you do not think that 4% is often compared to 1%. Multiply the number of people in the country who are ceo's by .04, and see if you think it would relate to OFTEN. And consider the definition. Use it in a sentence. For instance, TwoThumbs is often a stupid shit.
Just thought I would jump Ed. Because ed is a congenital idiot, well known by everyone. And, short of shooting him, there is no way to stop the drivel coming from his addled brain. But by posting, he typically ends threads, because no one wants to converse with a congenital idiot.

Forum List

Back