Are only black kids allowed to trick or treat as Pres. Obama?

Its okay for a black person to apply white face paint to their faces and pretend to be white, but its offensive when a white person paints their face black?

Why?

Its okay for a black person to apply white face paint to their faces and pretend to be white, but its offensive when a white person paints their face black?

Why?

Are you aware of the history of blackface in America?

I agree with an earlier poster that there is a big difference between dressing up as a black person and wearing "blackface". Even if it's a younger person who has no idea about the history of "blackface" their parents at least should know better.

Wearing an Obama mask, I see no problem with... unless you are a rodeo clown. Then... OUTRAGE!

If a white kid wants to be the president for Halloween would it be deemed racist for him or her to use black make-up?

If you want to play a blonde character you put on a blond wig. If you want to play a black character, what do you do?

I started wondering about that when I saw this story:

Derek Hough addresses Julianne Hough's blackface Halloween costume: 'It wasn't her brightest moment' - NY Daily News

I'm probably late to the party on this story. Apparently people have been reacting harshly to her or Derek Hough wouldn't have needed to say anything on behalf of his sister.

There are lots of young people who really have been raised in what were in many ways post-racial times. They don't know about minstrel shows. They have friends of many ethnicities. They see a character on television or in the movies and they think it would be fun to imitate that person. They're going for a physical resemblance without thinking of negative racial history, because they are so far removed from the history. Are only the blonde kids allowed to play the blonde characters and only the black kids allowed to play the black characters?

Dressing as Obama? Why would a white kid want to look stupid?

-Geaux

Like I said, wouldn't a white kid look pretty stupid dressed like this?

-Geaux

blackjockey1.jpg

I wanted my son to go as Hitler but he wanted to be a cop ,so he is a bacon eater for Halloween,1 daughter is dinosaur,other is vampire cheerleader lol. I will get something tomorrow maybe just a mask and carry my home made axe/hammer.

I wanted my son to go as Hitler but he wanted to be a cop ,so he is a bacon eater for Halloween,1 daughter is dinosaur,other is vampire cheerleader lol. I will get something tomorrow maybe just a mask and carry my home made axe/hammer.

Bravo for your son. He's already beginning to see what an idiot you are.

He's 4 assclown...Each day is something different he wants to be...see so far have gone from cop to tow truck driver to cowboy to batman...etc etc etc...he's 4...So please go fuck yourself.

People who are yelling about this really, seriously need to grow a thicker skin.

:rolleyes:

[MENTION=13669]Zoom-boing[/MENTION]

OMG! What happened to that baby in your avvy?

That is my youngest around 20 months. She and her older brother held onto a low but heavy table, pulled their knees up and started swinging. The whole thing came toppling down onto her eye. She's lucky she didnt' lose it. No permanent damage done ... well, except for the 500 gray hairs that sprung up on my head from that incident! The knife just makes it, doesn't it? lol

Bravo for your son. He's already beginning to see what an idiot you are.

:clap2: :clap2:

LMAO is that a Negro that actually managed to graduate college or HS? Or did he just complete drug rehab? :lol:

Forum List

Back