Are the Republicans Jumping Ship?

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
California

GOP Rep. Gary Miller of California will not seek reelection, he announced on Wednesday -- a decision that is almost certain to hand the seat he's held for eight terms to the Democrats.

Miller, who holds a seat on the House Financial Services Committee, faced an uphill path to reelection in a San Bernardino-area district that favors Democrats..... Miller had drawn several serious Democratic opponents, including Redlands Mayor Pete Aguilar, attorney Eloise Gomez Reyes and former Rep. Joe Baca. President Barack Obama carried the district by 16-point margins in 2012 and 2008, and many Democrats believed the seat was theirs for the taking.

Washington

Rep. Doc Hastings (R-Wash.), the chairman of the House Natural Resources Committee, announced Thursday that he won't seek reelection in 2014.

"Last Friday, I celebrated my 73rd birthday, and while I have the ability and seniority to continue serving Central Washington, it is time for the voters to choose a new person with new energy to represent them in the people's House," Hastings said in a statement.

California

GOP Rep. Gary Miller of California will not seek reelection, he announced on Wednesday -- a decision that is almost certain to hand the seat he's held for eight terms to the Democrats.

Miller, who holds a seat on the House Financial Services Committee, faced an uphill path to reelection in a San Bernardino-area district that favors Democrats..... Miller had drawn several serious Democratic opponents, including Redlands Mayor Pete Aguilar, attorney Eloise Gomez Reyes and former Rep. Joe Baca. President Barack Obama carried the district by 16-point margins in 2012 and 2008, and many Democrats believed the seat was theirs for the taking.

Washington

Rep. Doc Hastings (R-Wash.), the chairman of the House Natural Resources Committee, announced Thursday that he won't seek reelection in 2014.

"Last Friday, I celebrated my 73rd birthday, and while I have the ability and seniority to continue serving Central Washington, it is time for the voters to choose a new person with new energy to represent them in the people's House," Hastings said in a statement.
Did you fail to state how many dems are leaving?

No more than the Democrats.

The Republicans are poised to do quite well in this year's elections, barring some big political shift.

California

Washington

if you were shown a couple of Democrats retiring would it be safe to say that Democrats are jumping ship?....just asking.....

Really, the retirees from both parties have probably held their seats long past the time they should have retired for the good of the nation.

California

Washington

2 Republicans call it quits and in your world, that is called "republicans jumping ship"?

Liberals :cuckoo:

The Democrats (The ones that actually voted for it) are jumping ship on Obamacare, so much for integrity, the switch to lies works out better when their phony political butts are on the line..

Something very strange is happening in California. The democrats have a strangehold on the state mostly because the state keeps giving more and more to Da Po out of the public treasury. While republicans cannot compete in this free for all environment, there is the rise of the Decline To State who are the ones really sniffing up the democrat leg.

Forum List

Back