Are you a tech wizard? If so I need your help!

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
So I've been using my pc on my 65" 1080p TV. an decided to upgrade. Got my 55" 4k TV hooked up now and started running into all sorts of problems.
Sound stutters & losing an image altogether.
I have an I7 with a gtx 970. I even use GeForce to optimise everything and it picks 4k settings for near everything but most times I have to dial it back to get a smooth experience. I bought a new hdmi cable that says it's rated for 4k but the difference is negligible at best. If I didn't know better I would say it made my problems worse.
I am thinking about getting the 1080 but don't wanna drop the cash if my problem is simpler. Took my pc to GeekSquad and blew 230.00 for nothing. They did get my rig running smoother but my 4k problems persist.
I've tried enabling UHD in the TV & dialing my pc back to 30hz but neither helped. Those solutions came from the Samsung forums btw. The 30hz thing seemed odd as my tv says it's 240hz.

Help?

Hmm I'm also running I7 with a gtx 970. My best guess would be a problem with the cable :dunno:

That's the only reason I can think of for the sound to stutter unless the computer itself is lagging which I doubt. A RAM issue maybe? I can't think how but who knows. How much RAM do you have?

The problem has to be some setting on the computer. Don't dial your PC's hz back.

16g I think but I'm not at my pc to check
That's what I have to. Are you only having these issues while playing games? According to some people on reddit even the GTX 980 has trouble running games in 4k.
No, sometimes simply booting up the pc leads to a blank screen. If I unplug the hdmi and put it into an old Dell monitor then back to the 4k tv I get a picture.

The goofballs at Geek Squad said I had more than enough pc to run 4k. Not sure if it's a Samsung issue or a card issue. Looked up a new TV and the one I want is near 4 grand whereas the 1080 is only about 600.00

That's what I have to. Are you only having these issues while playing games? According to some people on reddit even the GTX 980 has trouble running games in 4k.
No, sometimes simply booting up the pc leads to a blank screen. If I unplug the hdmi and put it into an old Dell monitor then back to the 4k tv I get a picture.

The goofballs at Geek Squad said I had more than enough pc to run 4k. Not sure if it's a Samsung issue or a card issue. Looked up a new TV and the one I want is near 4 grand whereas the 1080 is only about 600.00
Man I have no idea. In my experience if you plug in the cable then whatever the computer is running just shows up on the screen. I know sometimes you have to mess with it to fix the FPS but for it not to show up at all, I'd blame either the cable or the ports.

Man I have no idea. In my experience if you plug in the cable then whatever the computer is running just shows up on the screen. I know sometimes you have to mess with it to fix the FPS but for it not to show up at all, I'd blame either the cable or the ports.
My tv has 5 ports and I've tried them all and I just waded through all the scum at Walmart yesterday to buy a new cable. 30 bucks. Feel like I wasted my money but hanging onto it anyhow as I plan to get an Oculas Rift sometime this summer which is why I figured I needed a 1080 anyhow.

My tv has 5 ports and I've tried them all and I just waded through all the scum at Walmart yesterday to buy a new cable. 30 bucks. Feel like I wasted my money but hanging onto it anyhow as I plan to get an Oculas Rift sometime this summer which is why I figured I needed a 1080 anyhow.
Nice. HDMI cables are awful anyways. I have 6 or 7, and sometimes I want to plug my laptop into my TV to play a movie or something, and first I have to play a 20 minute game of which one will work today. And God forbid someone walks by and accidentally brushes against it, or it's another 5 - 10 minutes of getting it to work again. And then I end up buying a new one the next day. It's terrible.

So I've been using my pc on my 65" 1080p TV. an decided to upgrade. Got my 55" 4k TV hooked up now and started running into all sorts of problems.
I have an I7 with a gtx 970. I even use GeForce to optimise everything and it picks 4k settings for near everything but most times I have to dial it back to get a smooth experience. I bought a new hdmi cable that says it's rated for 4k but the difference is negligible at best. If I didn't know better I would say it made my problems worse.
I am thinking about getting the 1080 but don't wanna drop the cash if my problem is simpler. Took my pc to GeekSquad and blew 230.00 for nothing. They did get my rig running smoother but my 4k problems persist.
I've tried enabling UHD in the TV & dialing my pc back to 30hz but neither helped. Those solutions came from the Samsung forums btw. The 30hz thing seemed odd as my tv says it's 240hz.

Help?

I happen to be an audio engineer. But you're a dick, so bite me.

Help?

Pass

When I bought my son's gaming computer none of the old monitors worked, why, different frequency range to handle the expanded range of digital signals and HD.....So I hooked up a new TV to the computer and it worked....HD and some computers have expanded the frequency to increase the load that digital can use...I used a digital cable on the old monitors yet nothing until I used a new TV...

Help?

I should delete my post then...

Help?

As hard as you tried your post was 20 years late for my problems

Help?

As hard as you tried your post was 20 years late for my problems
Hardly so,as the advent of increasing digital frequency was changed in 2009-2010..When I was installing Direct TV systems..

Forum List

Back