Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

More: Elizabeth Warren Calls For Getting Rid Of The Electoral College

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.
/——/ That’s just Pocahontas trying to be relevant to the gullible dem base.

Proportional Representation is a modern system because it works better. FPTP is awful, the Electoral College is so backwards it's ridiculous. It's literally ignored in the US, it happens but doesn't at the same time.

Straight up PR is what they use in Israel. It seems they're going to parliamentary elections every couple of years. Straight up PR is also what they had in Weimar Germany in the 1920s, and the result was Adolf Hitler and the NSDAP coming to power. Given that, explain to me very slowly how that is a better system, because I just don't see it.

Straight up PR is what they use in Israel. It seems they're going to parliamentary elections every couple of years. Straight up PR is also what they had in Weimar Germany in the 1920s, and the result was Adolf Hitler and the NSDAP coming to power. Given that, explain to me very slowly how that is a better system, because I just don't see it.

There are many ways of having PR. Germany now uses PR and doesn't have elections every few years. They have a cut off point of 5%, which leads to about 6 viable parties. Denmark has a cut off point of 2% which leads to about 10 viable political parties.

Both seem to have quite stable coalitions.

I don’t personally give a rats ass about what everyone else does for the simple reason that the separation of power(s) between the Fed and State is the basis, cornerstone, of our freedom and preservation as a Republic. The eradication of the electoral college centralizes power in the hands of highly populated cities that have proven by example to be corrupt and incapable of exercising common sense.

Forum List

Back