Are you freaking kidding me. Illegal alien who killed a guy drunk driving

Culturally, the man did nothing wrong by drinking and driving. It is not unlike this case here.

Police: Man sold teen daughter into marriage for cash, beer, meat - CNN.com

A California man sold his 14-year-old daughter to an 18-year-old man for cash, beer and meat -- then called police when the prospective bridegroom didn't live up to his end of the deal, authorities said Tuesday.

All those involved in the case are from the western Mexican state of Oaxaca, the police chief said. In the Oaxacan community, such an agreement is "normal and honorable," he said. "In California, it's against the law." Watch for a list of the groceries dad reportedly wanted »

In Oaxacan culture, the food and beverages are provided by a prospective bridegroom for the wedding, Grebmeier said.

Authorities believe the young girl went with Galindo willingly, and no coercion was involved, he said. However, the girl is four years younger than California's age of consent, although the law does allow 16-year-olds to marry with parental consent.

"The 14-year-old juvenile moved in with Galindo and when payments were not received, the father, Martinez, called Greenfield PD to bring back the daughter," according to a written police statement.

Sorry that is total bullshit.
Screw his “Unique cultural background”
If he is living in the United States, then he goes by American rules and regulations no matter where he came from. This judge should be barred from the bench.

Yet another link:

Nicolas Guaman Not Competent to be Tried; Judge to Revisit Case - Milford, MA Patch

And yet another where he made statements to the police saying the bike pulled in front of him and he had the right of way, not to mention he has an arrest record and other court cases.

UPDATED: Crash Victim, 23, a Milford Resident - Milford, MA Patch

So this guy has been jailed since 2011 for this man’s death and such a ruling to me would imply anyone who can't speak English will be found incompetent to stand trial. I find it difficult to believe that an interpreter has not been found for 2 years. He was residing in the US for at least 7 years and did not know it was illegal to drink and drive?

What kills me is he defense attorney disagrees with the judge’s ruling that he should have to hire an interrupter to understand our laws. WTF?

Judge Rules Drunk-Driving Illegal Alien Incompetent To Stand Trial Due To ?Unique Cultural Background? « The Constitution Club

Wont stand trail because he is incompetent. IS he mentally ill NOPE , he cant speak English. I am sorry this guy speaks FREAKING spanish. There has to be a translator somewhere. I would pissed if I was this family of the dead victim. Hell I am pissed and I am not !

Does the OP and everyone subscribing to this thread suffer from severe lack of reading comprehension or just blind partisan hacks…

Judge Janet Kenton-Walker said Guaman does not have a mental defect or illness, and can learn what he needs to know with the assistance of a qualified, Quechua interpreter. She ordered attorneys to hire a qualified interpreter who speaks his indigenous language, who can work with him on the case.

The defendant is going to stand trial, when he is able to contribute to his own defense – a fundamental tenet of our Constitution, rule of law, and the doctrine of due process.

Peter Ettenberg, one of two attorneys representing Guaman, said Wednesday the judge made the correct decision. But he said he is troubled by her order, in which she directs the defense attorneys to hire an interpreter and essentially "make him competent."
…so he can stand trial.

Yet another non-issue and failed attempt by the right to contrive a controversy where none exists.

CaféAuLait;7081620 said:
Yet another link:

Nicolas Guaman Not Competent to be Tried; Judge to Revisit Case - Milford, MA Patch

And yet another where he made statements to the police saying the bike pulled in front of him and he had the right of way, not to mention he has an arrest record and other court cases.

So this guy has been jailed since 2011 for this man’s death and such a ruling to me would imply anyone who can't speak English will be found incompetent to stand trial. I find it difficult to believe that an interpreter has not been found for 2 years. He was residing in the US for at least 7 years and did not know it was illegal to drink and drive?

What kills me is he defense attorney disagrees with the judge’s ruling that he should have to hire an interrupter to understand our laws. WTF?

As was noted in the link provided, these are stall tactics and, in the end, the trial will go forward.

Judge Rules Drunk-Driving Illegal Alien Incompetent To Stand Trial Due To ?Unique Cultural Background? « The Constitution Club

Wont stand trail because he is incompetent. IS he mentally ill NOPE , he cant speak English. I am sorry this guy speaks FREAKING spanish. There has to be a translator somewhere. I would pissed if I was this family of the dead victim. Hell I am pissed and I am not !

Does the OP and everyone subscribing to this thread suffer from severe lack of reading comprehension or just blind partisan hacks…

Judge Janet Kenton-Walker said Guaman does not have a mental defect or illness, and can learn what he needs to know with the assistance of a qualified, Quechua interpreter. She ordered attorneys to hire a qualified interpreter who speaks his indigenous language, who can work with him on the case.

The defendant is going to stand trial, when he is able to contribute to his own defense – a fundamental tenet of our Constitution, rule of law, and the doctrine of due process.

Peter Ettenberg, one of two attorneys representing Guaman, said Wednesday the judge made the correct decision. But he said he is troubled by her order, in which she directs the defense attorneys to hire an interpreter and essentially "make him competent."
…so he can stand trial.

Yet another non-issue and failed attempt by the right to contrive a controversy where none exists.
Exactly!

…so he can stand trial.

Of course he is to stand trail at some point, exactly what the links I posted stated but tt's been TWO years, and he was in the states illegally for over 7 years prior to that and had been in court for other charges. Just when do you think he will become “competent” and how? Should he be afforded an American education first? And are we to believe that an interpreter has yet to be found in that two year timeframe? Not to mention since he killed this man witnesses who were in the car with him at the time of his killing this man have fled back to Ecuador.

CaféAuLait;7081620 said:
Yet another link:

As was noted in the link provided, these are stall tactics and, in the end, the trial will go forward.

When do you think that 'end' will be? It's already been two years. I find it hard to believe they have yet to find an interpreter in such a 'short' time. /sarcasm

CaféAuLait;7081910 said:

…so he can stand trial.

Of course he is to stand trail at some point, exactly what the links I posted stated but tt's been TWO years, and he was in the states illegally for over 7 years prior to that and had been in court for other charges. Just when do you think he will become “competent” and how? Should he be afforded an American education first? And are we to believe that an interpreter has yet to be found in that two year timeframe? Not to mention since he killed this man witnesses who were in the car with him at the time of his killing this man have fled back to Ecuador.

And your argument is that because due process is too burdensome, there should be a rush to judgement. Would you rather the judge ignore the rule of law and laws of her state because the defendant is ‘illegal’?

Are you truly comfortable with that precedent?

CaféAuLait;7081910 said:

…so he can stand trial.

And your argument is that because due process is too burdensome, there should be a rush to judgement. Would you rather the judge ignore the rule of law and laws of her state because the defendant is ‘illegal’?

Are you truly comfortable with that precedent?

Rush to judgment? Where oh where did I infer such? Where did I state we should ignore laws since he is illegal as you state? I stated that two years should have been plenty of time to find an interpreter and to have explained the process to him.

His attorneys have said they are unhappy with this ruling in hiring an interpreter to “remedy the situation".

"I'm not satisfied in the way the judge wants to try to remedy the situation," Ettenberg said.

So what it is that will make his attorney’s happy? How long do you think it takes for one to understand their rights and to get an interpreter? This is not his first offense either. BTW he has had the correct interpreter for the last several court appearances so how many more years do you think it will be before he understands the process? Enough time for the rest of the witnesses to flee the country? One has already left back to Ecuador to escape having to testify.

What do you expect when liberal deviants are in positions of power? These are the same retards who think a woman can have a penis.

Forum List

Back