Are you ready for Real ID?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
GettyImages-88975052-airport-frustration-e1569952199431.jpg

Do you even know what it is?

Nearly 40 percent of Americans don’t have a Real ID or any of the other forms of identification that will be required at airport security checkpoints come fall 2020, according to the survey by the U.S. Travel Association.

Even more troubling, the survey found, a majority of Americans — 57 percent — are not aware that beginning Oct. 1, 2020, the only driver’s licenses that will be accepted for boarding commercial flights will be those that meet federal Real ID requirements.

You can still use a passport or military ID at airports but a majority of travels have neither.

By law, states are mandated to issue IDs with counterfeit-resistant security features; applicants must provide several documents proving their identity and legal U.S. residency.

Seems TSA is going to start enforcing the law Oct 1, 2020. Estimates are that half a million people could be kept from flying the first week. A $40 million per day impact on the airlines.

More @ One year until 'Real ID' use deadline - are you prepared? - The Daily Sheeple

sure....we'll laugh about this when the gub'mit chips our gourds.....~S~
They should implant all illegal aliens with explosive chips when they are deported. Make our border the detonator. They should explosive chip everyone on the no fly list and have contained detonators at the entrance of every airport. Chips don't always have to be bad.

They should implant all illegal aliens with explosive chips when they are deported. Make our border the detonator. They should explosive chip everyone on the no fly list and have contained detonators at the entrance of every airport. Chips don't always have to be bad.

What does your reply have to do with the subject? Stay on topic.

Replying to Sparky. You can't see any linkage between real ID and chips? It's a progression of the same thing in case you can't figure it out.

Nearly 40 percent of Americans don’t have a Real ID or any of the other forms of identification that will be required at airport security checkpoints come fall 2020, according to the survey by the U.S. Travel Association.

Even more troubling, the survey found, a majority of Americans — 57 percent — are not aware that beginning Oct. 1, 2020, the only driver’s licenses that will be accepted for boarding commercial flights will be those that meet federal Real ID requirements.

You can still use a passport or military ID at airports but a majority of travels have neither.

By law, states are mandated to issue IDs with counterfeit-resistant security features; applicants must provide several documents proving their identity and legal U.S. residency.

Seems TSA is going to start enforcing the law Oct 1, 2020. Estimates are that half a million people could be kept from flying the first week. A $40 million per day impact on the airlines.

More @ One year until 'Real ID' use deadline - are you prepared? - The Daily Sheeple

Well, that's what you get when emotion and $$$$ dictates policy. TSA has no business existing.

My license has been once since I last got it. I just stuck in microwave and fried the RFID chip in it :D did same with wife's.

everything, but you'll need some 'national ID' history to figure that out

~S~

Replying to Sparky. You can't see any linkage between real ID and chips? It's a progression of the same thing in case you can't figure it out.

Others are way ahead of me>>>
Thousands of people in Sweden are embedding microchips under their skin to replace ID cards

~S~

My license has been once since I last got it. I just stuck in microwave and fried the RFID chip in it :D did same with wife's.

:2up::beer: yep same here,after that I ALSO hit it with a hammer to make DOUBLE sure.:biggrin:

Thousands of people in Sweden are embedding microchips under their skin to replace ID cards

~S~

holy shit,the sheep in sweden are even more stupid than the ones in america.

Our Gub'mit promised.....repeat.... 'promised' way back , not to use SS#'s for 'national ID'

That's how long this had been an issue folks

~S~

~S~

holy shit,the sheep in sweden are even more stupid than the ones in america.

matter of perspective Ram, but i gotta say....that they want to replace cash with imbeded chips is a tad too 'big bro' for this 'ol boy....~S~

I got mine last year. Pain in the ass as the CA DMV did not have accurate info regarding qualifying documents.

Our Gub'mit promised.....repeat.... 'promised' way back , not to use SS#'s for 'national ID'

That's how long this had been an issue folks

~S~

My SS card looks just like this one... I have argued with many a receptionist in Doctor's office's when asked for my SS #... Not for Identification

500_F_127008853_9zyvvfo5qXlKQ0NUszegYhimmT6kCYeC.jpg

Oh and yes I have my gold star...

Well, that's what you get when emotion and $$$$ dictates policy. TSA has no business existing.
I say we all just get BOA tat's....

98991_bank-of-america-logo-png.png
Come on Spark. Your libertarian side was making a little sense but your Obama side is ……… I'm trying to be nice here.

Forum List

Back