Are you ready for Real ID?

In Texas they have a gold star on your driver's license. Mine doesn't have one, so I can't get on an airplane. No loss to me.

GettyImages-88975052-airport-frustration-e1569952199431.jpg

Do you even know what it is?

Nearly 40 percent of Americans don’t have a Real ID or any of the other forms of identification that will be required at airport security checkpoints come fall 2020, according to the survey by the U.S. Travel Association.

Even more troubling, the survey found, a majority of Americans — 57 percent — are not aware that beginning Oct. 1, 2020, the only driver’s licenses that will be accepted for boarding commercial flights will be those that meet federal Real ID requirements.

You can still use a passport or military ID at airports but a majority of travels have neither.

By law, states are mandated to issue IDs with counterfeit-resistant security features; applicants must provide several documents proving their identity and legal U.S. residency.

Seems TSA is going to start enforcing the law Oct 1, 2020. Estimates are that half a million people could be kept from flying the first week. A $40 million per day impact on the airlines.

More @ One year until 'Real ID' use deadline - are you prepared? - The Daily Sheeple
Ive already got it covered.

Nearly 40 percent of Americans don’t have a Real ID or any of the other forms of identification that will be required at airport security checkpoints come fall 2020, according to the survey by the U.S. Travel Association.

Even more troubling, the survey found, a majority of Americans — 57 percent — are not aware that beginning Oct. 1, 2020, the only driver’s licenses that will be accepted for boarding commercial flights will be those that meet federal Real ID requirements.

You can still use a passport or military ID at airports but a majority of travels have neither.

By law, states are mandated to issue IDs with counterfeit-resistant security features; applicants must provide several documents proving their identity and legal U.S. residency.

Seems TSA is going to start enforcing the law Oct 1, 2020. Estimates are that half a million people could be kept from flying the first week. A $40 million per day impact on the airlines.

More @ One year until 'Real ID' use deadline - are you prepared? - The Daily Sheeple

Well, that's what you get when emotion and $$$$ dictates policy. TSA has no business existing.
I say we all just get BOA tat's....

98991_bank-of-america-logo-png.png
Come on Spark. Your libertarian side was making a little sense but your Obama side is ……… I'm trying to be nice here.

My 'Obama side'?

seriously, i'm no more than a reclusive redneck bluecollar

yet was 'master spark' on the biggest shovel-ready job in my state

you really don't want to get me started on him

~S~

Well, that's what you get when emotion and $$$$ dictates policy. TSA has no business existing.
I say we all just get BOA tat's....

98991_bank-of-america-logo-png.png
Come on Spark. Your libertarian side was making a little sense but your Obama side is ……… I'm trying to be nice here.

My 'Obama side'?

seriously, i'm no more than a reclusive redneck bluecollar

yet was 'master spark' on the biggest shovel-ready job in my state

you really don't want to get me started on him

~S~
You have my condolences and I appreciate your loss but it was expected with Obama.

No need for sympathy Wam, i knew i was in a sea of whores the second fed money came to town, just wanted my piece of it.

So you see, i'm no better, am I?

But at least i can make that admission, unlike the parade of political pukes (our Gov and senators) , who stumped for a pat on the back for it all

~S~

Forum List

Back