Are you ready for the UFL?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Football season begins tomorrow.

GJzJa-5WUAAfhPs.png-large.png

Pretty good games last year in the USFL AND XFL. Combining the two leagues was a good idea. Too bad My hometown of Orlando Fla. doesn't have a team or an MLB team either. It is a big city now and I am sure would get a lot of support for both.

Pretty good games last year in the USFL AND XFL. Combining the two leagues was a good idea. Too bad My hometown of Orlando Fla. doesn't have a team or an MLB team either. It is a big city now and I am sure would get a lot of support for both.
Before retiring, I used to travel to Orlando 3 times a year on business and always stayed at the Royal Pacific or the Swan by Universal Studios and Disney World.

With their resort hotels, and tourist attractions it would be a perfect city for one of those teams.

I was going to post a thread about the UFL today if nobody else did.

Spring football is back with the merger of the XFL and the USFL. Instead of two leagues with eight teams we have one league with eight teams. Like last year, the top two teams of each division will make the playoffs. Last year, the XFL had a team (the Arlington Renegades) go 4-6, make the playoff and win the darned thing. The USFL had a team (Pittsburgh Maulers) go 4-6 and make it to the championship game but lose to the Birmingham Stallions (two-time champion).

I like that the champions of last season battle it out in the first game of the inaugural season of the UFL. Still don't like that a team with a losing record can win the championship, but oh well. Hopefully they will be able to expand, especially out west (no teams west of Texas).

The USFL division will consist of the repeat champions Birmingham Stallions, Memphis Showboats, Michigan Panthers, and the Houston Roughnecks (The Houston Gamblers were the USFL team, but the XFL already had a Houston team). Teams from 2023 that were cut were the
New Orleans Breakers, Philadelphia Stars, the New Jersey Generals, and the Pittsburgh Maulers.

The XFL division has the defending champion Arlington (Texas) Renegades, DC Defenders, San Antonio Brahmas, and the St. Louis Battlehawks. The 2023 teams that were cut were the Las Vegas Vipers, the Seattle Sea Dragons, the Orlando Guardians, and we already talked about the two Houston teams being whittled down to one.

I'll still root for the Stallions. It's in the name, I suppose. ;)

Forum List

Back