Putin says he won't start a war with NATO. But Western bases hosting Ukraine F-16s would be targets

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Putin says he won't start a war with NATO. But Western bases hosting Ukraine F-16s would be targets
Russian President Vladimir Putin scoffed at the possibility of his country launching an attack on a NATO member, calling it "sheer nonsense," but warned that any Western air base hosting U.S.-made F-16 fighter jets that are slated for deployment in Ukraine would be a "legitimate target" for the Kremlin's forces.

Remote : Thu, 28 Mar 2024 12:22:13 -0400
Local : 2024-03-28(Thursday) 17 : 22 : 13

Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

well, if that's the case then i vote for Ukrainian bases (if necessary entirely new ones) for those F16s.
we should not allow Putin an excuse to turn this into a (much) wider war.

Ukraine doesn't need new air bases, it needs to secure the existing ones. Currently Russia has the ability to eliminate all the F16's as soon as they arrive.

Russian President Vladimir Putin scoffed at the possibility of his country launching an attack on a NATO member, calling it "sheer nonsense," but warned that any Western air base hosting U.S.-made F-16 fighter jets that are slated for deployment in Ukraine would be a "legitimate target" for the Kremlin's forces.

well, if that's the case then i vote for Ukrainian bases (if necessary entirely new ones) for those F16s.

Putin isn't going to anything to those F-16s, and his ass better hope they don't scramble on his ass. If they do, they won't miss. He better hope his bunker is real deep.

If the Globalists Elites in the West keep poking the Russian Bear.....this will not have a good ending.

"Putin has said that Russian forces will destroy any F-16s delivered to Ukraine from its NATO allies "wherever they are," while at the same time insisting that Moscow had no intention of attacking any country in the alliance.

During a visit to the 344th Army Aviation Centre where combat pilots are trained, in Torzhok, 160 miles northwest of Moscow, Putin was asked if Russian pilots would be "allowed to hit these targets at NATO airfields."

Putin replied: "Of course, if they are used from airfields of third countries, they become a legitimate target for us, no matter where they are."

Technically, Putin is just adjusting to the field.

It always has been a wider war.

It's just that everybody always talks about it in Russia vs The Ukraine kind of compartmentalized way.

No surprise. Normal reaction. If any NATO countries are stupid enough to host airbases supporting sorties against Russia, I believe Russia will bomb those airbases and we will be at war.

No surprise. Normal reaction. If any NATO countries are stupid enough to host airbases supporting sorties against Russia, I believe Russia will bomb those airbases and we will be at war.
Except Russia has no need to bomb the bases .

Radar cannot pick up Russian Hyper Sonic missiles and F16 pilots will have no inkling of their guaranteed death .
The missiles travel at up to 30 000 kmph on downward trajectory and the human eye cannot even pick them up .
It will be cruelty as the F16s trundle along at 1500 mph . Utter humiliation .

I will be surprised if the F16's are delivered
Everybody knows that the Kinzhals and Avangards would destroy them immediately .
The F16's are completely defenceless, which NATO knows .
It would be yet another US humiliation .
If you think an F-16 is defensless, you are sorely mistaken. I would put any F-4 Phantom up against any Mig that Russia has.

And if NATO says "bomb our bases and it'll mean war" and Putin won't do it. He's a bluffer. The worst.

And if NATO says "bomb our bases and it'll mean war" and Putin won't do it. He's a bluffer. The worst.
i disagree. if we bomb Russian targets, whether in Ukraine or in Russia, from NATO bases outside Ukraine,
we'll have given Putin and the rest of the Russians all the excuse they need to escalate this war.

let's not forget it was the Russians who put the threat of nuclear WW3 on the table first.

i disagree. if we bomb Russian targets, whether in Ukraine or in Russia, from NATO bases outside Ukraine,
we'll have given Putin and the rest of the Russians all the excuse they need to escalate this war.

let's not forget it was the Russians who put the threat of nuclear WW3 on the table first.

Putin doesn't want to escalate the war. He's been bluffing from day one. It's pretty obvious. Had he wanted to attack the west, the giving of arms was enough. He didn't.

And the Russians would never go for a nuke war, because they could never win. One on Moscow, one on St Petersburg and Russia is dead. 1/8th of their population would be dead.

Putin doesn't want to escalate the war. He's been bluffing from day one. It's pretty obvious. Had he wanted to attack the west, the giving of arms was enough. He didn't.
the giving of arms wasn't enough, because Putin's been getting arms deliveries from his BRICS allies as well.

And the Russians would never go for a nuke war, because they could never win. One on Moscow, one on St Petersburg and Russia is dead. 1/8th of their population would be dead.
i hope you're right. but i'd prefer not to go counting on it.

the giving of arms wasn't enough, because Putin's been getting arms deliveries from his BRICS allies as well.

i hope you're right. but i'd prefer not to go counting on it.

Putin could have made any excuse he wanted.

He invaded the Ukraine on the pretext that "It's fucking Tuesday and I'm bored".

He told China and China was like "don't do it during the winter olympics".

Putin thinks he's a master strategist, but he's so obvious.

Forum List

Back