Arizona School Board Votes To Get Rid Of Textbook Pages That Discuss Abortion

That means nothing, jknow. You know those tax dollars are specifically excluded from funding abortions, so, no, PPP does not use tax dollars for abortions.

Run along.

Q: How much of Planned Parenthood’s services are dedicated to abortions? Does the federal government fund those procedures?

A: Abortions represent 3 percent of total services provided by Planned Parenthood, and roughly 10 percent of its clients received an abortion. The group does receive federal funding, but the money cannot be used for abortions by law.

More: Planned Parenthood

So, how are taxpayers funding abortions?
Moron.

They said "But the money cannot be used for abortions by law"

It does not say it was NOT used for abortions and it does not say it has not been used for abortions.

Learn to fucking read.

BTW....who says tax money hasn't been used?

Planned Parenthood? And you believe them?

The law is quite clear the $$$ are not for abortions.

End of story.

We know we can't believe the far right on these matters.

Show us the PPP audit books where it shows the money was used for abortions.

Oh, that's right: you can't.

Step off.

School really isn't the place for this type of conversation...so this doesn't bother me at all..

The law is quite clear the $$$ are not for abortions.

End of story.
Libtards and their various supporting groups are known for breaking laws. We do not believe you being a libtard, you prove it or you move along.

Your folks made the statement, can't prove it, ask me to disprove it when you already know you are wrong.

The reason the 85% of America hates your politics and culture is that you are feral and cruel to all those whom you dislike or with whom you disapprove.

This next year and for a generation to come you will be in the wilderness politically and culturally where you belong.

You have well earned it.

Well, I guess that if we pretend that abortions don't exist, it would never occur to a student to get one, even though they are legal....
So is smoking, but in most places it's illegal to do.

I'm not sure what your point is. Both smoking and abortions are legal. Perhaps you are suggesting that AZ also remove any references to curing diseases caused by smoking, other than abstinence from smoking altogether, from AZ textbooks. That would certainly have an impact on pre-med students' education....
If both were made illegal, then we wouldn't be talking about it. Huh?

The point is still murky. Abortions were illegal up until Roe Vs. Wade, yet I personally knew 5 girls that had them when I was in high school before that time..

An Arizona school district is making sure that students are not educated about abortion in biology class.

This week, Gilbert Public Schools’ governing board voted to remove pages from an honors biology textbook because the pages talk about mifepristone, a pill that can induce an abortion, reports local outlet 12 News. Members of the board contended that the pages violate a state statute, which prevents school districts from providing instruction that "that does not give preference, encouragement and support to childbirth and adoption as preferred options to elective abortion," says the outlet.

The specific section in question is titled “Contraception can prevent unwanted pregnancy.” It says that “complete abstinence (avoiding intercourse) is the only totally effective method of birth control, but other methods are effective to varying degrees.” The passage, from the seventh edition of Campbell Biology: Concepts and Connections, goes on to describe the morning-after pill and mifepristone.

The issue was first brought to the board’s attention after the conservative Christian organization, Alliance Defending Freedom, wrote a letter to the district’s superintendent in August, saying that the textbook violates state regulations, reports the outlet. The board voted 3-2 to redact the pages in question, although it is unclear whether the district will remove the specific pages or blacken unwanted passages, says local outlet KTVK-3TV.

Notably, the Arizona Department of Education previously reviewed the textbook and said it was not violating the state statute. An attorney for the district said the same, reports local outlet the East Valley Tribune. As a result, one of the board members who voted against changing the textbook, Lily Tram, called the move an example of censorship.

More: Arizona School Board Votes To Get Rid Of Textbook Pages That Discuss Abortion

Conservative Christian censorship is on the rise in America.

Why should school textbooks be discussing abortion? Why don't we have them discuss amnesty for illegal aliens? How about Obama's Iraq policy?

Schools should be teaching facts, not indoctrinating students with political propaganda.

I agree that school books should be teaching facts. Consequently, the biology books should have been amended to read, "Abortion is legal. It is just that your local school board disagrees with the Supreme Court, and wishes that it was illegal, which would make criminals out of medical professionals who provide them".

That means nothing, jknow. You know those tax dollars are specifically excluded from funding abortions, so, no, PPP does not use tax dollars for abortions.

Run along.
Lol, bullshit. We are talking about an organization that teaches six year old girls how to use dildos. Yeah, they will be truthful.

Moving right along, I think that we should discuss whether or not the report I read on the internet this week that an earth sized UFO was photographed entering the sun.....

In a libbie's perfect school they'd hand out free wire coathangers.

But only for demonstration purposes.

Wire coat hanger abortions is exactly what liberals wish to prevent, funny idea coming from a righty being that a lot of them like to deny that any coat hanger ever took place.

An Arizona school district is making sure that students are not educated about abortion in biology class.

That is really fucked up!

I think they should be educated about it. They could take a dead baby and perform a real abortion!!! Let's see how they feel afterwards. ;)

I'm not sure physically how that would work? Give the baby an abortion? What are you talking about?

Q: How much of Planned Parenthood’s services are dedicated to abortions? Does the federal government fund those procedures?

A: Abortions represent 3 percent of total services provided by Planned Parenthood, and roughly 10 percent of its clients received an abortion. The group does receive federal funding, but the money cannot be used for abortions by law.

Government figures? Lol, they say the economy is booming, even if you don't feel it. I guess those with three part-time jobs feel it. Especially before Obama, they had a full-time job.

No they didn't, I recall GWB lauding someone who had three jobs and holding them up as an example of what one could achieve, yeah, that's the American Dream alright.

Run along.
Lol, bullshit. We are talking about an organization that teaches six year old girls how to use dildos. Yeah, they will be truthful.

Just in case you don't know the medical origin of dildos, you can watch this movie.....Hysteria 2011 - IMDb

Run along.

Just in case you don't know the medical origin of dildos, you can watch this movie.....Hysteria 2011 - IMDb
But teaching six year old girls about them? That's sexual abuse.

Government figures? Lol, they say the economy is booming, even if you don't feel it. I guess those with three part-time jobs feel it. Especially before Obama, they had a full-time job.

No they didn't, I recall GWB lauding someone who had three jobs and holding them up as an example of what one could achieve, yeah, that's the American Dream alright.
Obama in a speech a couple weeks ago claimed the economy was booming, but everybody isn't feeling it.

Forum List

Back