Arrested Juvenile helps Save arresting Officer's Life

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
A teen in Florida being booked on an (unknown and not mentioned that I could see) crime, screamed for help when the arresting officer fell over with what appeared to be a heart attack.

Watch Florida Teen Rescue a Police Officer While He's Being Booked
Jan 14, 2015, 11:18 AM ET
By CORINNE CATHCART via Good Morning America

Watch Florida Teen Rescue a Police Officer While He s Being Booked - ABC News

A Florida teen who was processed into the Ft. Lauderdale Police Department Booking Facility is set to be commended later this month for heroically helping to save the life of an officer who collapsed while booking him, an incident that was captured on surveillance camera.

According to the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, on Sept. 10, 2014, Officer Franklin Foulks was in the process of booking 17-year-old Jamal Rutledge, when the cop collapsed.

As the video shows, Rutledge "immediately began to kick the security fence and yell to alert officers in the area," police said in a news release.

Last edited:
It happened back in September of 2014, but I just stumbled upon the article and had not heard about the incident.... feel good stories are hard to come by now a days so it made me smile...

Great story. Hope this kid gets his life straight. He was arrested on a probation violation. He was an probation for a burglary.

But...he showed a great lesson. He didnt resist arrest. And he obviously doesnt personally hate the cop who is enforcing the law. Sure he may not like the arrest.

But...cops and people who commit crimes..can still treat each other with civility. Both sides can learn that lesson.

And just like most cops arent bad....MOST criminals dont resist arrest or attack cops. Most comply...and end up being shown leniancy in our court system. At least in their first couple offenses.

A teen in Florida being booked on an (unknown and not mentioned that I could see) crime, screamed for help when the arresting officer fell over with what appeared to be a heart attack.

Watch Florida Teen Rescue a Police Officer While He's Being Booked
Jan 14, 2015, 11:18 AM ET
By CORINNE CATHCART via Good Morning America

Watch Florida Teen Rescue a Police Officer While He s Being Booked - ABC News

A Florida teen who was processed into the Ft. Lauderdale Police Department Booking Facility is set to be commended later this month for heroically helping to save the life of an officer who collapsed while booking him, an incident that was captured on surveillance camera.

According to the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, on Sept. 10, 2014, Officer Franklin Foulks was in the process of booking 17-year-old Jamal Rutledge, when the cop collapsed.

As the video shows, Rutledge "immediately began to kick the security fence and yell to alert officers in the area," police said in a news release.
i almost missed this little bit of gospel. thanks Jamal way to be. Did they release him or drop charges?lol. I think it might almost be in order.

I wonder what his record looks like now. What will be erased if anything is?

God bless you and him and the cop always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back