As an agnostic, I started reading the Bible this morning. Found something historically interesting

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
I do not believe in God. However, I decided to read the Bible as a historical tale of oral and written tradition passed down through the millennia with clues that can be interpreted to spur the imagination with thoughts about history. I found something right away in Genesis that interested me.

Genesis 6:

"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

The implications are so blindingly obvious it leaps right out at the reader. It talks about men multiplying on the face of the earth and the "sons of God" looking upon the "daughters of men" and seeing them as fair. Why would the passers on of the lore consider it noteworthy to mention men finding women attractive? The answer lies in the distinction between men and "sons of God". This is because the Cro-Magnons did not see the Neanderthals as "sons of God". The daughters of men were "fair" in their eyes, which in terms of attraction has meant both light complected and beautiful. Notice how the offspring were the "giants", the "mighty men", "the men of old, the men of renown". The great and mighty Nephilim were the result of male Cro-Magnons becoming overcome with uncontrollable lust and raping Neanderthal women. The resultant offspring had hybrid vigor combined with both the height of the Cro-Magnons and the massive frame and muscular development of the Neanderthals. They also inherited the best intellectual traits of both peoples. They immediately began building great civilizations and technologically advancing the world. However, there was a great flood after the Ice Age receded and they were nearly wiped out. This was passed down in folklore through time as a mythical God being angry with them and "their evil ways".

Perhaps we can recover enough DNA to re-create Neanderthals and set about re-enhancing our species.

Last edited:
I do not believe in God. However, I decided to read the Bible as a historical tale of oral and written tradition passed down through the millennia with clues that can be interpreted to spur the imagination with thoughts about history. I found something right away in Genesis that interested me.

Genesis 6:

"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

The implications are so blindingly obvious it leaps right out at the reader. It talks about men multiplying on the face of the earth and the "sons of God" looking upon the "daughters of men" and seeing them as fair. Why would the passers on of the lore consider it noteworthy to mention men finding women attractive? The answer lies in the distinction between men and "sons of God". This is because the Cro-Magnons did not see the Neanderthals as "sons of God". The daughters of men were "fair" in their eyes, which in terms of attraction has meant both light complected and beautiful. Notice how the offspring were the "giants", the "mighty men", "the men of old, the men of renown". The great and mighty Nephilim were the result of male Cro-Magnons becoming overcome with uncontrollable lust and raping Neanderthal women. The resultant offspring had hybrid vigor combined with both the height of the Cro-Magnons and the massive frame and muscular development of the Neanderthals. They also inherited the best intellectual traits of both peoples. They immediately began building great civilizations and technologically advancing the world. However, there was a great flood after the Ice Age receded and they were nearly wiped out. This was passed down in folklore through time as a mythical God being angry with them and "their evil ways".

Perhaps we can recover enough DNA to re-create Neanderthals and set about re-enhancing our species.

Are you saying that Jesus's stepbrothers were Neanderthals?

Forum List

Back