As much as designers try.. you can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta has been a favorite of many U.S. first ladies, including Betty Ford, Nancy Reagan, Laura Bush and Hillary Clinton. But one name is still missing from his list: Michelle Obama.

De la Renta says he is not worried about not having Obama on his list of celebrity clients because for him what matters is dressing everyday women.
Obama has appeared on many best-dressed lists and De la Renta has been among the few who have criticized her choices, specifically her decision to wear a sweater when she met Queen Elizabeth II in 2009.

News from The Associated Press

$michelleangry.jpeg

Well, let's be serious here. There's not much you can do to make Bigfoot look fashionable.

So, our First Lady is a "pig's ear"? Oh, goodie, another racist thread.

AH.. so now I have offended the "National Association for Advancement Pig People" (NAAPP) ?
Well far be it from me to offend NAAPP by comparing a porcine to FLOTUS! I am truly sorry I offended them with such a demeaning comparison!

$michelleangry.jpeg $Henry-Waxman-Nostrils.jpg

The OP is, of course, goofy as hell.

But I'm curious: Is "pig" one of those words we're no longer allowed to use? I'm trying to keep track, "saxophone" and "lazy" are the last two on my list. So we're confirming "pig", then?

And could someone please launch a website that keeps track of words we're no longer allowed to use? It sure would make this more easy. Some kind of database would be helpful. Gotta keep it updated, though, I don't know who would be in charge of that.

Last edited:
This hateful trolling nonsense does not belong in politics.

WHERE IN THE WORLD is the "hateful"?????

NOT one word of hate in the Topic... just the facts.
People who "pretend" they are "stylish" and then wear a "sweater" to meet the Queen?
Of all people who are suppose to be "First Lady" means she represents the USA and that is the image we want to send?

Forum List

Back