Zone1 Assisted dying bill passes in the Lords. Will soon become law

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

I dont know if it is legal in the US but this has been opposed by conservatives for years.

Some of their arguments are compelling and I have my doubts at times. But I can ennvisage a structure put iin place to mitigate the consequences of this.

Reading this article it seems the move is a popular one in the country. We all have painful experiences of watching a loved one die. so I guess that is not a surprise.

Do you have such a law in the US. How does it work ?

I dont know if it is legal in the US but this has been opposed by conservatives for years.

Some of their arguments are compelling and I have my doubts at times. But I can ennvisage a structure put iin place to mitigate the consequences of this.

Reading this article it seems the move is a popular one in the country. We all have painful experiences of watching a loved one die. so I guess that is not a surprise.

Free to die is a natural right.

Oregon has an assisted suicide program for terminally ill patients in which medical professionals can provide the medication. I'm not sure of the details and am unaware of any other states that do this.
I've seen terminally ill patients that had pancreatic cancer and sometimes the medications weren't always doing a great job of cutting down the pain and it isn't pretty hearing a patient asking those around them to, "please kill them."
Loved ones try to keep their family member to stay alive. I understand their love and desire, but at the same time, it's actually selfish behavior to keep them alive against their terminally ill family member's strong wish to end the suffering.
Modern medicine has come a long way over centuries past and pain management has also come a long way, but then, it's always perfect.
If one is terminally ill, it should be their choice as to when they can end their life, not "how" though. Family members don't need to return home and find their loved one hanging by a strap from the rafters, or having bled out after slicing their wrists, or shot themselves. Medical professionals need to handle the issue.

Oregon has an assisted suicide program for terminally ill patients in which medical professionals can provide the medication. I'm not sure of the details and am unaware of any other states that do this.

I've seen terminally ill patients that had pancreatic cancer and sometimes the medications weren't always doing a great job of cutting down the pain and it isn't pretty hearing a patient asking those around them to, "please kill them."

Loved ones try to keep their family member to stay alive. I understand their love and desire, but at the same time, it's actually selfish behavior to keep them alive against their terminally ill family member's strong wish to end the suffering.

Modern medicine has come a long way over centuries past and pain management has also come a long way, but then, it's always perfect.
If one is terminally ill, it should be their choice as to when they can end their life, not "how" though. Family members don't need to return home and find their loved one hanging by a strap from the rafters, or having bled out after slicing their wrists, or shot themselves. Medical professionals need to handle the issue.
The northwest is more realistic on this issue.

But why should people have to be terminally ill? Why is leaving this life a crime?

Euthanasia--the doctor administers a substance to end a life--is illegal everywhere in the U.S.A. but nine or ten states do allow 'assisted suicide" when a patient chooses to end his/her life because medically he/she has no quality of life left or any reasonable possibility of regaining quality of life. Other states are considering it.

The only downside I can think of is that when you are allowed to deliberately die, there is a component that it can become a 'duty to die' so that you are no longer a burden or whatever. And for most Americans, especially JudeoChristians, a 'duty to die' should never be acceptable in a moral/ethical culture.

Euthanasia--the doctor administers a substance to end a life--is illegal everywhere in the U.S.A. but nine or ten states do allow 'assisted suicide" when a patient chooses to end his/her life because medically he/she has no quality of life left or any reasonable possibility of regaining quality of life. Other states are considering it.

The only downside I can think of is that when you are allowed to deliberately die, there is a component that it can become a 'duty to die' so that you are no longer a burden or whatever. And for most Americans, especially JudeoChristians, a 'duty to die' should never be acceptable in a moral/ethical culture.
Did that to a dog and a cat. It sucked, but it is what it is -- life cycle ending.

It's been opposed by the sensible. The thick fucks don't realise of the trickle effect. I know you don't.

Forum List

Back