Asskicking response to sexual abuse in the Military

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Our own military chain of command needs to get on board with zero tolerance towards abusers and the old boy network

WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse - The Week

"Those who think that it is okay to behave in a way that demeans or exploits their colleagues have no place in this army," Morrison says in the video. "Female soldiers and officers have proven themselves worthy of the best traditions of the Australian army... If that does not suit you, then get out... There is no place for you amongst this band of brothers and sisters."

Morrison also promises to be "ruthless" in rooting out sex abuse in the ranks, and urges all soldiers to do their part if they witness abuse. "Show moral courage and take a stand," he says.

Good for them. And, its a far cry from the typically ignorant R response that 'boys will be boys because of their hormones'.

First women, now queers.....the destruction of the finest Armed Forces the world has ever known nears completion.....congrats!
angry_zps189e41d9.png

Our own military chain of command needs to get on board with zero tolerance towards abusers and the old boy network

WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse - The Week

"Those who think that it is okay to behave in a way that demeans or exploits their colleagues have no place in this army," Morrison says in the video. "Female soldiers and officers have proven themselves worthy of the best traditions of the Australian army... If that does not suit you, then get out... There is no place for you amongst this band of brothers and sisters."

Morrison also promises to be "ruthless" in rooting out sex abuse in the ranks, and urges all soldiers to do their part if they witness abuse. "Show moral courage and take a stand," he says.

I like the way the Australians take care of business.

Had several instances in the military where sexual misconduct was an issue and it was never properly addressed. One woman was given an early discharge shortly after she reported one such occurrence. As a young soldier it colored my view toward what comprised the military and it's standards and practices.

First women, now queers.....the destruction of the finest Armed Forces the world has ever known nears completion.....congrats!
angry_zps189e41d9.png

So...when you served, did you find it difficult to serve with women and gays?

When I served ('67-'69) women weren't allowed in-theatre other than as nurses or medical techs, and no queer ever mounted up with 1st. Air Cav that I know of....they were draftees and went straight to infantry. If it were up to me, queers and women would bunk together and never leave the states...they're useless in combat.

angry_zps189e41d9.png

When I served ('67-'69) women weren't allowed in-theatre other than as nurses or medical techs, and no queer ever mounted up with 1st. Air Cav that I know of....they were draftees and went straight to infantry. If it were up to me, queers and women would bunk together and never leave the states...they're useless in combat.

So your expertise is from 50 years ago and only two years at that. Correct?

So your expertise is from 50 years ago and only two years at that. Correct?

Uh no, that's not correct....it's 44 years and a 3 year enlistment at the height of the Vietnam war....better take your shoes off so you can count your toes next time.

The horniest bastards I ever met were in the army. This was back in the old days when there were very few women and the ones that were in the army stayed separated from the male horny soldiers.

I mean wtf do people expect? How are you going to suppress the most powerful urge there is in human beings.

Side note: It was rumored that the cooks put saltpeter in the chow.

The horniest bastards I ever met were in the army. This was back in the old days when there were very few women and the ones that were in the army stayed separated from the male horny soldiers.

I mean wtf do people expect? How are you going to suppress the most powerful urge there is in human beings.

"laugh whore"
laugh_zpse50e200a.png

They did put saltpeter in the mashed potatoes.....the college and university dorms did too until the late 60's. Your average 19-20 year old American boy is horny as a two-peckered goat....doesn't matter how much you butch-out a female, she's still got bumps in all the right places....add a few beers to the situation and somebody is gonna grab something.

Last edited:
One thing to watch here is that it doesn't go to far the other way - as has political correctness.
The phrase "zero tolerance" is not a good policy. It is a damning policy that has destroyed careers of many good people because of a minor mistake.
Zero tolerance so many times really means zero differentiation from real abuse and minor offenses.
Too many times the pendulum swings too far the other direction and often more people are hurt by these boneheaded policies than before they were established.
Sexual harassment is a serious offense. No female should have to bear such humiliation, but let's always keep an open mind to the circumstances.

What's never talked about is senior officers mauling junior officers wives when they're off deployed somewhere. She either cooperates or dooms her husband's chances for advancement....that's where you put the hook....not in some First Shirt who plays grab-ass with a hottie recruit who has every right to bust his nose for him and better do it....that's ARMY STRONG...not whining like a baby.

Last edited:

"laugh whore"
laugh_zpse50e200a.png

They did put saltpeter in the mashed potatoes.....the college and university dorms did too until the late 60's. Your average 19-20 year old American boy is horny as a two-peckered goat....doesn't matter how much you butch-out a female, she's still got bumps in all the right places....add a few beers to the situation and somebody is gonna grab something.

They look hot in their uniforms, especially when they are packing.

I remember Heather Locklear in the poluice show. Man was she hot.:cool:

angry_zps189e41d9.png

Oh, you served with gays...you just never knew it. There have been gays in the US military since it was the Continental Army!

According to my uncle: they might have, because they usually didn't put anything edible in the chow!

Forum List

Back