Atheism IS a Religion

Its basic tenet is that there is no higher authority in the Universe than Mankind. That suppositional belief is inherently no more or less valid than "traditional" religious beliefs in a superior being or beings who control/affect human destiny. Inasmuch as we are, definitionally, unable to comprehend an intelligence greater than our own, there is no way of "proving" either proposition. Therefore, atheism should be given no more or less consideration than other religions.

Thank you for validating the hypothesis of what religion does to the brain, short circuiting any type of logical thinking of facts and definition :eusa_whistle:

Atheism is not a religion. No two atheists share anything in common other than a lack of belief in god. There are no tenets intrinsic to atheism, and there is no doctrine. You're attempting to switch the burden of proof. The null hypothesis is that "no god exists" until one can be proven. Not to mention the definition of religion precludes atheism.

Remember who you are dealing with

Attachments

• $IQ-v-Religion-graph-atheism-3511654-510-289.gif
    $IQ-v-Religion-graph-atheism-3511654-510-289.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Atheism IS a religion, they believe that there is no god, without any proof whatsoever. Maybe there is a god, how do they know for sure?

Its basic tenet is that there is no higher authority in the Universe than Mankind.

I'm not aware of any atheists who believe that Mankind is any kind of "authority" in the Universe.

For most, the reason for atheism is simply lack of convincing evidence to support the idea of any gods.

If I claimed there was a giant blue monkey sitting at the center of the universe, dictating our fates, and you refused to believe it, would your lack of 'faith' constitute a religion?

I am atheist Republican/Libertarian.. I don't believe in any man made religion but I do love the traditions like Christmas, Easter.... I don't like when atheist or other groups try to get rid of traditions of groups who may disagree with.. Religion is belong to values and values are arbitrary. Rights are not arbitrary you have the right to exercise your values as long as it's not a violent act against others right.. Religion and Atheism are a form of collectivism what we have to live with and tolerate for long years to come..

Examples?

Its basic tenet is that there is no higher authority in the Universe than Mankind. That suppositional belief is inherently no more or less valid than "traditional" religious beliefs in a superior being or beings who control/affect human destiny. Inasmuch as we are, definitionally, unable to comprehend an intelligence greater than our own, there is no way of "proving" either proposition. Therefore, atheism should be given no more or less consideration than other religions.

No. Atheism does not hold that there is no higher authority than Mankind. It holds that there is no higher authority at all.

It could be argued that Athiesm is a religious belief. That does not make it a religion.

Actually not.

No. Atheism does not hold that there is no higher authority than Mankind. It holds that there is no higher authority at all.

It could be argued that Athiesm is a religious belief. That does not make it a religion.

Actually not.

You're free to believe that if you wish.

If I claimed there was a giant blue monkey sitting at the center of the universe, dictating our fates, and you refused to believe it, would your lack of 'faith' constitute a religion?

Apparently, lol.

re·li·gion [ri-lij-uhn]
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

I am atheist Republican/Libertarian.. I don't believe in any man made religion but I do love the traditions like Christmas, Easter.... I don't like when atheist or other groups try to get rid of traditions of groups who may disagree with.. Religion is belong to values and values are arbitrary. Rights are not arbitrary you have the right to exercise your values as long as it's not a violent act against others right.. Religion and Atheism are a form of collectivism what we have to live with and tolerate for long years to come..

You were doing really scatterbrained until the last part. :clap2:

There is no collectivism in atheism.

Forum List

Back