Atlas Shrugged Part II

Redfish

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2013
The Big Easy
Watched it last night. Its amazing how Ayn Rand saw what was coming for the USA as the progressives and liberals took control.

Everyone on all sides politically should see this movie. Yes, its fiction, but its also very close to the reality that we are seeing today in DC.

Comments? Have you seen it?

I saw it....it was quite accurate

Atlas%20Shrugged%20Farce.jpg

I saw it....it was quite accurate

Atlas%20Shrugged%20Farce.jpg

not even close. I guess the message is too subtle for you and the idiot who did the cartoon.

When you can't even defend yourself against a cartoon you are in BIG trouble

nothing there to defend against,

have you seen the movie and/or read the book? If not, then you have no standing in this discussion so crawl back under your rock and resume worshiping your obama statue.

not even close. I guess the message is too subtle for you and the idiot who did the cartoon.

have you seen the movie and/or read the book? If not, then you have no standing in this discussion so crawl back under your rock and resume worshiping your obama statue.

I haven't read Mein Kampf either

you should, you might recognize some of the actions currently being taken by the obama administration and the congress.

you should, you might recognize some of the actions currently being taken by the obama administration and the congress.

You can't even defend your ideology against a cartoon

Might as well quit

You obviously haven't read the book, have you, dipstick?

You obviously haven't learned the difference between fantasy and reality.

the equalization of opportunity act = "I want to redistribute the wealth"

patents taken by the government = "you didn't build that"

sometimes fiction is very close to fact.

Atlas Shrugged is very poor fiction and has very little relationship to fact. To approach reality fiction should be populated by actual believable characters, not the one-note caricatures Ayn Rand gives us.

You obviously haven't learned the difference between fantasy and reality.

Atlas Shrugged is very poor fiction and has very little relationship to fact. To approach reality fiction should be populated by actual believable characters, not the one-note caricatures Ayn Rand gives us.

I don't like her writing style either, but the message is quite clear. The movie makes the points without the laborious reading.

as to relationship to fact, I disagree. She very accurately predicted exactly what is happening today as capitalism and success are being denigrated in favor of some stupid version of the "common good".

I have parts I and II in my Netflix Instant queue...
Planning on getting to it soon.

Make sure you have plenty of coffee to keep yourself awake. I haven't seen the movies, but it was definitely necessary when reading the book.

If you are sincere about being honest and having an open mind, then you should watch the movies. If you don't give a shit and just want to repeat left wing talking points, then don't watch them.

I don't like her writing style either, but the message is quite clear. The movie makes the points without the laborious reading.

as to relationship to fact, I disagree. She very accurately predicted exactly what is happening today as capitalism and success are being denigrated in favor of some stupid version of the "common good".

It has to do with more than her writing style. It's the logic of the matter. If people don't really act that way, then the conclusions derived would be erroneous.

Forum List

Back