Atlas Shrugged Part II

Watched it last night. Its amazing how Ayn Rand saw what was coming for the USA as the progressives and liberals took control.

Everyone on all sides politically should see this movie. Yes, its fiction, but its also very close to the reality that we are seeing today in DC.

Comments? Have you seen it?

I was impressed by some of the parallels that you can draw. I have not seen the movies (planning on it when I get back home in a few months) but I liked the book a lot. There are some real parallels that make you think.

Watched it last night. Its amazing how Ayn Rand saw what was coming for the USA as the progressives and liberals took control.

Everyone on all sides politically should see this movie. Yes, its fiction, but its also very close to the reality that we are seeing today in DC.

It isn't really amazing. Ayn Rand was a philosopher and had studied the various historical philosophies of utopia and the way utopia leads to absolute tyranny.

It isn't really amazing. Ayn Rand was a philosopher and had studied the various historical philosophies of utopia and the way utopia leads to absolute tyranny.

Yes, Wesley Mouch in the book and movie is very much like several democrats in DC right now. Harry Reid comes to mind immediately.

I read Atlas Shrugged. I bet there are libertarians who can't even claim to have done that. There are many who do claim to have read it who I am certain are lying. Anyone who does finish it deserves a medal. It is one of the most painful drudgeries ever written.

It is a classic example of brainwashing, because it repeats the same thing over and over and over and over and over, for hundreds and hundreds of pages.

I have also seen the movies. Parts I and II.

My staff asked me why I would read such a shitty book and endure movies I clearly do not like. I explained it is necessary to do so for those times I encounter Libertarians so I am able to intepret what they are saying and thinking. Many people who debate Libertarians are not aware that some words for Libertarians have different meanings than they do for everyone else, and the result is that Libertarians and ordinary people end up talking past one another.

The second movie was as bad, if not worse, than the first one.

What is funny is that it is impossible to make an Atlas Shrugged movie that is worse than the book. Movies are almost always worse than the book they are based on, but in this case one does not have to endure hundreds of days of repetitive text. Instead, one is going to only have to apparently endure six hours of movies, for there is clearly going to have to be a third movie.

As for the preposterous idea the movie reflects the state of things in the US today, I can only say one has to be doing the hard drugs Libertarians want legalized to believe that.

Last edited:
The movie really watered down the train in the tunnel situation. Ms. Rand was far more harsh toward every passenger on that train in her book. She executed every man, woman, and small child with great relish in the book. She was clearly as totalitarian, intolerant, and vindictive as the Bolshevik regime from which she fled, and loved the taste of blood in her mouth.

She pined for the days of the Tsars.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back