Bad cops. It can never be just one.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
A belief of mine based on logic is that a bad cop can never be alone. It is just impossible.

When a cop plants drugs. He does so in view of other cops. They know what he is doing. When a cop lies about getting permission to search. Other cops are there and write reports backing up the bad cops narrative.

For today’s example we turn to Jacksonville Florida.

A Jacksonville Deputy was convicted of several charges related to planting drugs in cars he pulled over.

He was sentenced to 12 and 1/2 years in prison.

Investigators reviewed 1300 minutes of the deputies body camera footage. And here we get to my point.

Somebody knew. He was backed up on numerous stops and he planted drugs on several people. They all knew. Even if it was to avoid the planting dolt. They knew.

I don’t know how he was finally caught.

I know he’s in jail now and headed to prison.

More proof body cameras for cops is a bad idea. Cops have a tough job. Sometimes they need to "bend" the law in order to make the bad guys pay. Now we have another good cop off the force because of body cameras.

More proof body cameras for cops is a bad idea. Cops have a tough job. Sometimes they need to "bend" the law in order to make the bad guys pay.

As a police officer, I am fully in favor of body cams, they protect officers from frivolous or false complaints, of which there are many every day.

And you NEVER need to bend the law to make bad guys pay. If you don't catch the bad guys today, you will catch them tomorrow. Bad guys are morons.

More proof body cameras for cops is a bad idea. Cops have a tough job. Sometimes they need to "bend" the law in order to make the bad guys pay. Now we have another good cop off the force because of body cameras.

You mean you agree with coppers setting up bad guys because usually they are sociopaths and racist pigs?

You've got a weird view of justice. You repigs are brain dead to even support anything so stupid thing. They are the law. They don't need to do it.

I hope he never gets out.

And you NEVER need to bend the law to make bad guys pay. If you don't catch the bad guys today, you will catch them tomorrow. Bad guys are morons.
I will agree many bad guys are morons. Before Al Gore invented the internet, the "News of the Weird" appeared in a local paper. It included a bad guy who eluded cops on a night time foot chase....until they noticed he was running away from them again when the heels of his tennis shoes would light up with each stride. Another bad guy was buying ink at an art store. The clerk noticed him comparing the ink color to a 20 dollar bill. When the bad guy paid with a credit card, the clerks said credit card purchases at the store required a photo ID. The clerk memorized the bad guy's address and gave it to the police. And then there was the bad guy who robbed a bank and put the bag of cash down his pants. When the bag of bank cash "exploded" he ended up with burns on his private parts.

Ufferman cited Wester’s respect for the law

LOL. I'd tack on years to the sentence for trying to argue this.

But when people ask what did the protest accomplish, this is another example of what was accomplished. The protests were able to get body camera's into wide use and without them this guy would still be out there planting evidence and there were cops planting evidence long before this guy came along.

A belief of mine based on logic is that a bad cop can never be alone. It is just impossible.

When a cop plants drugs. He does so in view of other cops. They know what he is doing. When a cop lies about getting permission to search. Other cops are there and write reports backing up the bad cops narrative.

A Jacksonville Deputy was convicted of several charges related to planting drugs in cars he pulled over.

Investigators reviewed 1300 minutes of the deputies body camera footage. And here we get to my point.

Somebody knew. He was backed up on numerous stops and he planted drugs on several people. They all knew. Even if it was to avoid the planting dolt. They knew.

Obviously they highly suspected it, but they couldn't prove it until they caught him red handed planting evidence on video.

He should do life in prison, IMO. There is zero evidence that indicates that that sort of criminal can be reformed.

Has he been sentenced yet, and do you agree or disagree with his sentence? Why or why not?

Last edited:
Ufferman cited Wester’s respect for the law

LOL. I'd tack on years to the sentence for trying to argue this.

But when people ask what did the protest accomplish, this is another example of what was accomplished. The protests were able to get body camera's into wide use and without them this guy would still be out there planting evidence and there were cops planting evidence long before this guy came along.

Seriously, how does one argue "respect for the law" when the man was convicted of planting evidence? Maybe that lawyer should get hit with a contempt charge. :lol:

From your first link:

"Prosecutors claim Wester kept meth in his patrol car along with an already positive field test kit. They relied heavily on the body camera footage of Wester and assisting deputies to make their case against him."

I wonder what was on the footage from the assisting deputies, and if those deputies were involved in the prosecution.

So I wonder how much this is going to cost or did cost the taxpayers.

You mean you agree with coppers setting up bad guys because usually they are sociopaths and racist pigs?

You've got a weird view of justice. You repigs are brain dead to even support anything so stupid thing. They are the law. They don't need to do it.

You don't have a leg to stand on here. You cheered when a dirty cop killed an unarmed protester in January. You LOVE this stuff.

You don't have a leg to stand on here. You cheered when a dirty cop killed an unarmed protester in January. You LOVE this stuff.

What incident was this? I am unfamiliar with it.

Obviously they highly suspected it, but they couldn't prove it until they caught him red handed planting evidence on video.

He should do life in prison, IMO. There is zero evidence that indicates that that sort of criminal can be reformed.

Has he been sentenced yet, and do you agree or disagree with his sentence? Why or why not?

As I said in the OP he was sentenced to twelve snd a half years.

I was surprised honestly. Normally when they catch a cop involved in misconduct they minimize it by charging the cop with abuse of office or official misconduct. That is if they don’t let the cop retire or resign and start working elsewhere.

This time they threw the book at him. Possession of drugs. Possession of drug paraphernalia. The whole book and an addendum too.

The defense asked for the minimum. About eight years. The prosecutor asked for the maximum. About 18 years. The judge split the difference.

Now. I think this was the prosecutor’s sending a message. With the demands for reform running across the nation the good old days of being able to sweep this sort of thing under the rug are long gone.

I think the Prosecution is saying to those cops doing this. And I think we can be certain he is not and was not alone. They are sending a message. Knock it off.

Leaders of both police and cities around the nation have had to run out way too many times and give the we are shocked speech. You know the one. A cop is caught doing something wrong on camera. The Chief runs out and says how shocked the department is and how they don’t want the actions of one bad cop reflect upon the other fine men and women dedicated to the safety of the community.

It doesn’t work anymore. So now they threw the book at the deputy.

I think it is a major sign that the times are changing. The bad apple excuse just isn’t working.

As far as the cop. He need not change when he is in prison. He will never again be able to assume the authority he abused. That door is closed.

In Florida it appears as though he must serve at least 85% of his time. So he will be in prison for nearly eleven years.

I hope others take notice. Because we can reform our departments. And how many cops end up in jail is literally up to them.

I never cheered anything. You're a liar.
That person was not supposed to be trashing the capitol and was warned against it. The appropriate action was taken but sadly it wasn't taken often enough that day. Another couple of hundred would got the message across.

As I said in the OP he was sentenced to twelve snd a half years.

I was surprised honestly. Normally when they catch a cop involved in misconduct they minimize it by charging the cop with abuse of office or official misconduct. That is if they don’t let the cop retire or resign and start working elsewhere.

This time they threw the book at him. Possession of drugs. Possession of drug paraphernalia. The whole book and an addendum too.

The defense asked for the minimum. About eight years. The prosecutor asked for the maximum. About 18 years. The judge split the difference.

Now. I think this was the prosecutor’s sending a message. With the demands for reform running across the nation the good old days of being able to sweep this sort of thing under the rug are long gone.

I think the Prosecution is saying to those cops doing this. And I think we can be certain he is not and was not alone. They are sending a message. Knock it off.

Leaders of both police and cities around the nation have had to run out way too many times and give the we are shocked speech. You know the one. A cop is caught doing something wrong on camera. The Chief runs out and says how shocked the department is and how they don’t want the actions of one bad cop reflect upon the other fine men and women dedicated to the safety of the community.

It doesn’t work anymore. So now they threw the book at the deputy.

I think it is a major sign that the times are changing. The bad apple excuse just isn’t working.

As far as the cop. He need not change when he is in prison. He will never again be able to assume the authority he abused. That door is closed.

In Florida it appears as though he must serve at least 85% of his time. So he will be in prison for nearly eleven years.

I hope others take notice. Because we can reform our departments. And how many cops end up in jail is literally up to them.
He got on the radar because he was making a hell of a lot more drug busts than the other officers. That is a huge red flag. It was very anomalous, strongly indicating fraud.

That is how a lot of major serial criminals finally get busted. They tend to fall into a routine psychologically comfortable pattern of criminal behavior, a method of operation (MO).

Good detectives will recognize the MO of the serial perp and eventually bust them.

Personally, I think any cop who gets busted doing shit like that should get at least twice the maximum sentence that their victim was facing. Crooked cops severely undermine public confidence in a police force.

Last edited:
I have always respected the Law. Having said that, I am 71 yrs. old and don't recall a single instance when someone calling the police made things better. I've seen a lot of instances when calling the police made things a whole lot worse.

You are absolutely correct. Any cop that covers up for a cop is a bad cop. Any cop who watches a cop beat someone and doesn't arrest the cop on site is a bad cop. Any cop who says nothing is a bad cop. The blue wall of silence is manned 100% by bad cops.

Are you fucking serious?

Forum List

Back