Bald Eagle Good News

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
There is a large bald eagle population in my state. Especially when salmon are done spawning. The eagles feed on the dead fish.

But this is about 2 babies who fell out of the nest. The babies of some well known and even named eagles in my state. Lucy and Ricky.

It's a good news story that I think everyone can appreciate.

Baby Eagles Who Fell From Nest Can't Wait To Reunite With Mom

There is a large bald eagle population in my state. Especially when salmon are done spawning. The eagles feed on the dead fish.

But this is about 2 babies who fell out of the nest. The babies of some well known and even named eagles in my state. Lucy and Ricky.

Here's a site from a Southwest Florida that is monitored by multiple cameras and never get shut off. I' ve been watching it for about 5 years. The current 2 eaglets have grown up and gone but the parents never leave and will produce more in late fall.

Live Eagle Cam

Living in central MN, I see Eagle's almost daily in populated areas even. They hang out all winter along the Mississippi river valley.
Several times I have seen them feeding on deer carcasses right on the shoulder of a busy freeway near Twin Cities metro. They could care less about the cars, even when the Ravens hop away.
Rarely saw predator birds as a child, now I see a variety of all species since the ban on DDT.
Along the northern border lakes its cool to see them take a quite large fish from the water.

I gotz the bald birds in my back forty and don't let the chihuahua out o pee...

Cool beans on the story.

I love happy endings...

When I was a kid there were no eagles in Ky....

Now they are all over the place...

No big deal to see one now...

Here's a site from a Southwest Florida that is monitored by multiple cameras and never get shut off. I' ve been watching it for about 5 years. The current 2 eaglets have grown up and gone but the parents never leave and will produce more in late fall.

Live Eagle Cam

That's so cool.

Eagles usually use the same nest every year.

They are such beautiful birds. I love to photograph them.

Last edited:

I gotz the bald birds in my back forty and don't let the chihuahua out o pee...

Yes those eagles see that dog as lunch and can easily fly off with your dog.

I used to have a mini shitzus, I didn't let him out alone and if he left the yard he was on a leash.

They are big birds. The females get the biggest. Up to 5 ft tall and 7 ft from wing tip to wing tip.

Cool beans on the story.

I love happy endings...

Every time I see one, and it's daily, I think it's a beautiful sight. The way they soar through the air is just beautiful to me. So effortlessly and just glide through the air.

I will never get tired of them.

Cool beans on the story.

I love happy endings...

Every time I see one, and it's daily, I think it's a beautiful sight. The way they soar through the air is just beautiful to me. So effortlessly and just glide through the air.

I will never get tired of them.

You are so right Dana, I am a nature nut and I know what mean...We go to
Green River lake about every other weekend and there is a cove there where
we almost always find Eagles sitting...

I have seen as many as 5 at a time in an aerial ballet at “land between the lakes”
here in KY....

Forum List

Back