Bay Area tech company caught paying imported workers $1.21 per hour

My guess is that they thought that Bush was still President and they could do anything they wanted.....

Ever heard of Electronics for Imaging? We hadn't either until this morning, but it's apparently a multimillion dollar, multinational, public corporation based out of Fremont, California. And the United States Department of Labor just caught EFI red-handed in an investigation, which found that "about eight employees" were flown in from India to work 120-hour weeks for $1.21 per hour. EFI apparently thought it was okay to pay the employees the same wages they'd be paid in India (in Indian rupees). Here's the unbelievably crazy sounding quote EFI gave to NBC's Bay Area affiliate: "We unintentionally overlooked laws that require even foreign employees to be paid based on local US standards."

Bay Area tech company caught paying imported workers 1.21 per hour

Further proof that you are nothing. Nothing but a partisan hack unworthy of serious consideration.

Good thing the Dept of Labor busted those asswipes. We know that Repubs put an "Out to Lunch" sign up at that dept when they have a body in the Whitehouse along w/ OSHA, SEC, EPA, Dept of Education, etc...

LOL What does this have to do with Bush?

I guess you did not read about the company itself. It is owned and operated by a Democrat who backed Ro Khanna,, another democrat that was the Deputy Assistant Secretary in the United States Department of Commerce under President Barack Obama.

Ro Khanna is running for the US House of Representatives democratic seat, and guess whose name they just scrubbed from his list of donors and supporters? Yes, that's right CEO of EFI, Guy Gecht. :lmao:

Ro Khanna - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Electronics for Imaging - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Political Blotter - Politics in the Bay Area and beyond

Corporate America IS corporate America.

LOL What does this have to do with Bush?

I guess you did not read about the company itself. It is owned and operated by a Democrat who backed Ro Khanna,, another democrat that was the Deputy Assistant Secretary in the United States Department of Commerce under President Barack Obama.

Ro Khanna is running for the US House of Representatives democratic seat, and guess whose name they just scrubbed from his list of donors and supporters? Yes, that's right CEO of EFI, Guy Gecht. :lmao:

Ro Khanna - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Electronics for Imaging - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Political Blotter - Politics in the Bay Area and beyond

Corporate America IS corporate America.

Unless, its democrats and democratic politician's brown nosing and supporting a democrat CEO and accepting his sweat shop contributions to their campaigns while he is paying people a buck and hour, then its all Bush's fault.

GMAB democrats/republicans are no better than the other. Stop the blame game and start putting it where it belongs - on those who call for one thing but do the exact opposite.

Yeah, in California- dem city, operated by a democrat supporting other democrats, who saw fit to hurry up and erase his support from their websites. See, its all Bush's fault. LOL

The other link I posted referenced a business in Arizona. I suppose Arizona is Democrat?

It's corporate America.

Yeah, in California- dem city, operated by a democrat supporting other democrats, who saw fit to hurry up and erase his support from their websites. See, its all Bush's fault. LOL

The other link I posted referenced a business in Arizona. I suppose Arizona is Democrat?

It's corporate America.

Sorry, I must have missed it, what other link? I have been replying to your Op link.

Well, I can't find the owners name, I suppose it does not matter, and it seems this case was a bit different. The owner was paying mim-wage but not paying them for one or two hours when he claimed there was no business to pay them for. Jesus Olivares states they immediately complied and corrected its practices after being informed the practice was not allowed. This was not the same as paying someone a buck an hour, but not paying someone during lulls in work periods. Either way it's wrong but I see the Mexican consulate was informed so they can contact those working there to get their money which was paid immediately to the Department of Labor. So, I can't see how this case is the same as the first case in California. Sorry.

Yes, indentured slaves. The Chinese are bad about it too, as are the Pakistanis. I can almost guarantee that the owner/owners of this company are Indian immigrants who are native to the area where these laborers were flown in from. That's the way it works. But I wouldn't be throwing stones in glass houses. The democrats drag slaves up here from Latin America by the millions, don't they?

The founder died last year, he was an Israeli born man, he graduated from MIT.

Yes, indentured slaves. The Chinese are bad about it too, as are the Pakistanis. I can almost guarantee that the owner/owners of this company are Indian immigrants who are native to the area where these laborers were flown in from. That's the way it works. But I wouldn't be throwing stones in glass houses. The democrats drag slaves up here from Latin America by the millions, don't they?

The founder died last year, he was an Israeli born man, he graduated from MIT.

Yet, it was not the founder, Efi Arazi, who stepped down in 1994 paying a buck an hour, it was the current CEO.

Well, I can't find the owners name, I suppose it does not matter, and it seems this case was a bit different. The owner was paying mim-wage but not paying them for one or two hours when he claimed there was no business to pay them for. Jesus Olivares states they immediately complied and corrected its practices after being informed the practice was not allowed. This was not the same as paying someone a buck an hour, but not paying someone during lulls in work periods. Either way it's wrong but I see the Mexican consulate was informed so they can contact those working there to get their money which was paid immediately to the Department of Labor. So, I can't see how this case is the same as the first case in California. Sorry.

An employer violating law to screw their employee.

Last edited:

An employer violating law to screw their employee.

The statement by Jesus Olivares made it seem as if they were unaware, I agree they were wrong, but this IMO is nothing like paying someone a buck an hour. If you read further, it was hundreds of employees who were not paid some, were not paid for 10 hours worth of work in their entire time working ( some over a year) because the owner believe they did not have to pay if they were not working. As I said wrong, but nothing like paying your employee a buck an hour.

The statement by Jesus Olivares made it seem as if they were unaware, I agree they were wrong, but this IMO is nothing like paying someone a buck an hour. If you read further, it was hundreds of employees who were not paid some, were not paid for 10 hours worth of work in their entire time working ( some over a year) because the owner believe they did not have to pay if they were not working. As I said wrong, but nothing like paying your employee a buck an hour.

Again, an employer violating law to screw their employee.

Forum List

Back