Believers Have Faith,Faith in GOD and GOD'S WORD!

GISMYS

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2013
BELIEVERS HAVE FAITH! FAITH IN GOD AND GOD'S WORD! What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. 2 Men of God in days of old were famous for their faith.

3 By faith—by believing God—we know that the world and the stars—in fact, all things—were made at God’s command; and that they were all made from things that can’t be seen.
Hebrews 11:1-3==="they were all made from things that can’t be seen.
" DARK MATTER" that science thinks is there but has not found or understood!!

ASK GOD AND BELIEVE! If you want to know what God wants you to do, ask him, and he will gladly tell you, for he is always ready to give a bountiful supply of wisdom to all who ask him; he will not resent it. 6 But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to tell you, for a doubtful mind will be as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind; 7-8 and every decision you then make will be uncertain, as you turn first this way and then that. If you don’t ask with faith, don’t expect the Lord to give you any solid answer. James 1:5-8

The reason you don’t have what you want is that you don’t ask God for it. 3 And even when you do ask you don’t get it because your whole aim is wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure.

4 You are like an unfaithful wife who loves her husband’s enemies. Don’t you realize that making friends with God’s enemies—the evil pleasures of this world—makes you an enemy of God? I say it again, that if your aim is to enjoy the evil pleasure of the unsaved world, you cannot also be a friend of God. 5 Or what do you think the Scripture means when it says that the Holy Spirit, whom God has placed within us, watches over us with tender jealousy? 6 But he gives us more and more strength to stand against all such evil longings. As the Scripture says, God gives strength to the humble but sets himself against the proud and haughty.

7 So give yourselves humbly to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 And when you draw close to God, God will draw close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and let your hearts be filled with God alone to make them pure and true to him. 9 Let there be tears for the wrong things you have done. Let there be sorrow and sincere grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. 10 Then when you realize your worthlessness before the Lord, he will lift you up, encourage and help you.
JAMES 4:2-10

Glory to God. That is good preaching, Brother Gismy. That is surely good preaching. My spirit bears witness to every word. We have to submit to God in order to resist the devil and when we resist him through our submission to God he will most definitely flee from us. This is a spiritual battle. We have to get our minds fixed on the LORD, to trust Him in all things, to know He is the Lord and He is with us. Our God is mighty to save. I know God is going to do great and mighty things through the servants He is raising up. He is surely doing it even now. I believe this company of Believers he is raising up are the very sons of God the whole earth has been in travail for - waiting to appear! We are at the door to something huge!

This is the message God has given us to pass on to you: that God is Light and in him is no darkness at all. 6 So if we say we are his friends but go on living in spiritual darkness and sin, we are lying. 7 But if we are living in the light of God’s presence, just as Christ does, then we have wonderful fellowship and joy with each other, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from every sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and refusing to accept the truth. 9 But if we confess our sins to him, he can be depended on to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. And it is perfectly proper for God to do this for us because Christ died to wash away our sins.* 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we are lying and calling God a liar, for he says we have sinned.
1 John 1:5-10

BELIEVERS YOU WILL WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAY ON JUDGMENT DAY== I have fought long and hard for my Lord, and through it all I have kept true to him. And now the time has come for me to stop fighting and rest. 8 In heaven a crown is waiting for me, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that great day of his return. And not just to me but to all those whose lives show that they are eagerly looking forward to his coming back again. Yes, and the Lord will always deliver me from all evil and will bring me into his heavenly Kingdom. To God be the glory forever and ever. Amen. 2 TIMOTHY 4

H, If the rest is bullshit, what makes you think that accepting your place and respecting others isn't bullshit also? Why would God lie about the rest and tell the truth about taking your place?
Maybe survival of the fittest, killing the weak, a lack of respect for inferiors, and a master race is the truth......

BELIEVERS WHAT A GREAT PROMISE FROM GOD WE HAVE == The Lord will always deliver me from all evil and will bring me into his heavenly Kingdom. To God be the glory forever and ever. Amen.== A person who is pure of heart sees goodness and purity in everything; but a person whose own heart is evil and untrusting finds evil in everything, for his dirty mind and rebellious heart color all he sees and hears. 16 Such persons claim they know God, but from seeing the way they act, one knows they don’t. They are rotten and disobedient, worthless so far as doing anything good is concerned. TITUS 1:15-16

BELIEVERS HAVE FAITH! FAITH IN GOD AND GOD'S WORD! What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. 2 Men of God in days of old were famous for their faith.

3 By faith—by believing God—we know that the world and the stars—in fact, all things—were made at God’s command; and that they were all made from things that can’t be seen.
" DARK MATTER" that science thinks is there but has not found or understood!! ASK GOD AND BELIEVE! If you want to know what God wants you to do, ask him, and he will gladly tell you, for he is always ready to give a bountiful supply of wisdom to all who ask him; he will not resent it. 6 But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to tell you, for a doubtful mind will be as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind; 7-8 and every decision you then make will be uncertain, as you turn first this way and then that. If you dont ask with faith, dont expect the Lord to give you any solid answer. James 1:5-8 ===BELIEVERS YOU WILL WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAY ON JUDGMENT DAY== I have fought long and hard for my Lord, and through it all I have kept true to him. And now the time has come for me to stop fighting and rest. 8 In heaven a crown is waiting for me, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that great day of his return. And not just to me but to all those whose lives show that they are eagerly looking forward to his coming back again. Yes, and the Lord will always deliver me from all evil and will bring me into his heavenly Kingdom. To God be the glory forever and ever. Amen. 2 TIMOTHY 4

Gismos back and on stronger meds

A lady the other day said you can't have faith without hope and you can't have hope without faith. I thought she meant faith in a god but apparently it doesn't have to be in a god.

Faith is confidence or trust in a person, thing, deity, view, or in the doctrines or teachings of a religion. It can also be defined as belief that is not based on proof,[1] as well as confidence based on some degree of warrant.[2][3] The word faith is often used as a synonym for hope,[4] trust,[5] or belief.[6]

So she could have meant faith in humanity.

I also notice that hope is in the definition of faith.

Hope is an optimistic attitude of mind based on an expectation of positive outcomes related to events and circumstances in one's life or the world at large.[1] As a verb, its definitions include: "expect with confidence" and "to cherish a desire with anticipation"

So do you have to have faith in "something" to have an optimistic attitude? I guess you would have to have faith that tomorrow will be a better day in order to have hope.

Ok, I agree. She was right. You do have to have faith to have hope and visa versa. Still no need for a god.

PS. Notice the definition of faith says: can also be defined as belief that is not based on proof,

BOOM there it is. There is no proof of god. You have to have faith because there is no proof.

Thank you for admitting that faith is nothing more than the belief and the hope that something you want to be true is true and that the outcome you desire is the outcome that will be. Thank you for admitting that it is just wishful thinking.

Forum List

Back