Bernie chairs Wednesday Hearing on the need to end illegal union busting at Starbucks, with "special guest" ex-Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
For months, Starbucks has said that the company respects the rights of workers to organize. The sad fact is that nothing could be further from the truth. I'll bring you the hearing tomorrow with it's all it's drama so stay tuned!

• Banned
Not only did Starbucks retaliate against their own workers for organizing, they broke the law 130 times across 6 different states. CEO Howard Schultz MUST be held accountable today

• Banned
Judge: “Its widespread coercive behavior over six months had permeated every store in the Buffalo market.”

• Banned
NLRB judge rules that Starbucks illegally fired 7 baristas in Buffalo & orders Starbucks to reinstate them & make them whole for financial harm they suffered

Orders Howard Schultz to read a notice to workers or make a video for Buffalo workers

• Banned
Howard Shultz has REPEATEDLY refused to bargain with Starbucks workers. They have even threatened to challenge the union victory of the flagship Roastery location in Seattle.

• Banned
Mitt Romney on Howard Schultz testimony before Senate HELP today: “I think it's kind of rich for folks who have never created a single job in their life to grill someone who's created hundreds of thousands of jobs for Americans and people around the world.”

“The idea that somehow Howard Schultz is not liberal enough? Give me a break,” he said

• Banned
Starbucks combines its offer to help employee travel for abortions with union busting

Starbucks offers all employees enrolled in its health plan access to abortion travel & gender-affirming care, BUT SAYS it can't "promise" that for unionized stores

Fuck Starbucks and the losers who work there. Why is there a hearing on this when there are so many other issues far more worthy than some dinosaur millionaire commie senator's wet dream. And to the young, entitled proletariat slaving away for Starbucks: Get a real fucking job, you fucking slobs!! Starbucks is not intended as a career move. It's so you can earn some gas money while you are in school. It is not meant to be profitable or to fit your expectations. Your labor is worth virtually nothing in this context because there is absolutely nothing unique about it. A fucking chimp can do your job. Your labor is a low-end, and unskilled at it comes. The current minimum wages are like 3x (at least) more than your stupid labor is worth.

For months, Starbucks has said that the company respects the rights of workers to organize. The sad fact is that nothing could be further from the truth. I'll bring you the hearing tomorrow with it's all it's drama so stay tuned!

A union would probably cause Starbucks to have to close a lot of US stores. Maybe even go out of business entirely.

Forum List

Back