Bevin: Same-Sex Marriage Will Lead To Parent-Child Marriage

The title of the thread is mis-leading. You either intentionally, or accidentally imply that the Tea Party Candidate is in favor of parents marrying children, when in fact he's against that, and changing the definition of marriage.

No, it isn't. Nowhere in that title does the OP say anything about support, and in fact, the teabagger specifically implies exactly what the OP states.

Ok..... I don't know how you think that. He's saying if you can just redefine marriage to mean whatever you want, then you could redefine it as a parent marrying a child. He's not in favor of redefining marriage, which he makes clear. He's pointing out what the logical conclusion of that would be, which... he's against.

So.... Not sure where you are getting that from.
"Logical conclusion" is where you run off the rails. To think that the 'logical conclusion' is parent/child marriage is moronic. The marriage contract establishes a blood relationship between the parties to the contract. A parent and child already enjoy such a blood relationship and therefore cannot establish a secondary one.

This argument is from a small mind incapable of doing much else than engender fear, suspicion and hatred, in other words, a Tea Party partisan of the first order.

Further proof that the Tea Party is just the religious right rebranded.

Matt Bevin suffers cognitive dysfunctionalism.

The issue is consent of adults. Children can't consent.

Consent is a legal term and can be changed......arab countries have young people marry all the time, but our judeo-christain culture led by these rws like me oppose changing it, but democrats like nambla do want consent changed...you just need one or two wacko judges in this country

Do you live in an Arab country?

Does the Democratic Party or the Republican Party support NAMBLA?

NAMBLA does want consent changed, just like you want Jim Crow laws again.

Neither will happen.

"Civilization is the establishment of constraints on those acts that harm society" is the reason why the far right reactionaries in this country are restrained.

Bevin: Same-Sex Marriage Will Lead To Parent-Child Marriage | Right Wing Watch

Sen. Mitch McConnell’s Tea Party-aligned primary challenger Matt Bevin jumped on the ruling and criticized McConnell over his ties to the judge:

I'm deeply disappointed in Judge Heyburn's decision to overturn Kentucky's right to determine the definition of marriage within its own borders. This type of judicial activism hurts America's democratic process.

It is no surprise that Judge Heyburn was Mitch McConnell's general counsel and McConnell recommended him for the federal bench. Kentucky deserves better.
Yesterday on The Janet Mefferd Show, Bevin continued to rail against “judicial activism” and told the anti-gay talk show host that he would be a strong opponent of marriage equality in the Senate.

“Where do you draw the line?” Bevin asked. “If it’s all right to have same-sex marriages, why not define a marriage — because at the end of the day a lot of this ends up being taxes and who can visit who in the hospital and there’s other repressions and things that come with it — so a person may want to define themselves as being married to one of their children so that they can then in fact pass on certain things to that child financially and otherwise. Where do you draw the line?”

The title of the thread is mis-leading. You either intentionally, or accidentally imply that the Tea Party Candidate is in favor of parents marrying children, when in fact he's against that, and changing the definition of marriage.

Hazelnut the far left racist troll is infamous for these types of threads.

I hope not...On the other hand if you're adult = you should have the right to marry other adults!

Right now, brothers and sisters cannot marry. Fathers and daughters cannot.

But incest is the new gay.

In the 60's, the move was for acceptance of homosexual. In the 90's, the move was for normalization of homosexuals. Now, the open promotion of homosexuality is everywhere.

Incest is following the same pastern - we currently are in the acceptance stage, with Hollywood showing nice portrayals of healthy incest for us all, so that we can learn that incest is just another choice.
Incest as a choice has been around a while. Who do you think Cain and Able were sleeping with, the sheep?

probably, and you have Lot an his daughters, yep. But it was forbidden and is a big nono, just like any sexual perversion.

But again, you don't seem disgusted by it, so eventually you will advocate for it.....we've seen this pattern before

No matter how ridiculous the statements coming from the Right, their followers will believe it and defend it.

“Where do you draw the line?” Bevin asked. “If it’s all right to have same-sex marriages, why not define a marriage — because at the end of the day a lot of this ends up being taxes and who can visit who in the hospital and there’s other repressions and things that come with it — so a person may want to define themselves as being married to one of their children so that they can then in fact pass on certain things to that child financially and otherwise. Where do you draw the line?”

You have to marry your daughter so she can visit you in the hospital?

lol, really?

I hope not...On the other hand if you're adult = you should have the right to marry other adults!

Right now, brothers and sisters cannot marry. Fathers and daughters cannot.

But incest is the new gay.

In the 60's, the move was for acceptance of homosexual. In the 90's, the move was for normalization of homosexuals. Now, the open promotion of homosexuality is everywhere.

Incest is following the same pastern - we currently are in the acceptance stage, with Hollywood showing nice portrayals of healthy incest for us all, so that we can learn that incest is just another choice.
"Incest is the new gay"? What a stupid notion to posit! Incest does not mean consensual sex. It is not sex between adults. Incest is responsible for emotional damage that lasts a lifetime. None of those despicable qualities are applicable to homosexuality.

Remember, the key words are "consensual" "adult" and "emotional damage".

Consent is a legal term and can be changed......arab countries have young people marry all the time, but our judeo-christain culture led by these rws like me oppose changing it, but democrats like nambla do want consent changed...you just need one or two wacko judges in this country

:cuckoo:

This thread is so weird. Just today, honest to God, I saw this woman from our community long suspected of being a child pervert with other kids than the four she had, with a list as long as your arm of actions called against her for these types of crimes that never got prosecuted because the kids recanted. Anyway, I saw her adult son who is maybe 22 years old jump out of his pickup truck and run over to another smaller pickup and essentially french kissed the older woman inside. I thought it was odd because I had just recently heard that this young man had been in the military, was married, had a young wife with a kid on the way. I was shamed for him. The kiss was obvious the two were lovers...

..Then I caught sight of the woman in the truck as she drove away. It was HIS FREAKING MOTHER!

God, I think I'm going to be sick... She, by the way, is one of those card-carrying rainbow "it's all good" LGBT supporters. She isn't gay, but she's something all right. This sex perversion stuff always winds up with the kids. I don't know why exactly except the Mayo Clinic's observations that a child once molested grows up to molest. The "abused-abuser" syndrome. Her mother I know was with about 6 different husbands at least one of which molested her as a girl..

Jesus. Bleeeecchhhh!

Last edited:
If this lady could, she would marry her own sons. I know she would for a fact after what I saw.

But you can marry your child when he or she is of age right? I mean, they can consent after all...
No. You cannot marry your child. The marriage contract, above requiring consenting adults, establishes a 'blood relationship' between two individuals. As parents and their children already have that blood relationship, establishing a secondary relationship through marriage is not necessary.

Forum List

Back