Biden: It’s Not a Recession Until I Say It Is

When I say Biden I mean whoever is running the office he’s a placeholder of. And they’ve released the flying monkeys to tell the sheeples that the long-standing definition is now obsolete and the economy is somebody else’s responsibility.

There is nothing so stupid as a Republican who just can't quit while he's ahead. I would agree with you that play stupid tricks with "Recession, No Recession" is not likely to work, but then you had to go and lie, because Biden did NOT say the economy was "someone else's responsibility".

Why can't you just, for once, deal in facts, accept your win, however temporary it may be and not try to embellish them into some anti-Biden fantasy????

While I do agree to some extent that this IS an exceptional economic moment, and the negative first quarter growth may be a pandemic abberation cause by supply chain problems early in the year, the Biden Administration needs to own it, instead of playing stupid name games. I think it hurts their credibility.

It's not a recession until it is a recession. Do you know what a recession is?

Don't forget Bush gave out stimulus checks to avoid the US economy slipping into a recession. Had he not gave out that free government cheese, RECESSION! And do you remember what you told us when we told you this back then? You said send my check back. You said it was your money you should be getting it back.

Hypocrite.
/——-/ Bush didn’t give out squat, you imbecile. Only Congress can spend money.

There is nothing so stupid as a Republican who just can't quit while he's ahead. I would agree with you that play stupid tricks with "Recession, No Recession" is not likely to work, but then you had to go and lie, because Biden did NOT say the economy was "someone else's responsibility".

Why can't you just, for once, deal in facts, accept your win, however temporary it may be and not try to embellish them into some anti-Biden fantasy????

While I do agree to some extent that this IS an exceptional economic moment, and the negative first quarter growth may be a pandemic abberation cause by supply chain problems early in the year, the Biden Administration needs to own it, instead of playing stupid name games. I think it hurts their credibility.
Democrats need to run on how well the economy is doing?

Even the WSJ does not think it is a recession. No wonder you had to go to twitchy to make your case. LOL

And you retards wonder why no one takes you seriously.

If the U.S. Is in a Recession, It’s a Very Strange One​

Economic output is down but the job market is strong, unlike in previous recessions

/——-/
re·ces·sion
[rəˈseSH(ə)n]

NOUN
  1. a period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters

:meow:

That's some funny shit. The ass hat Biden makes up his own definition of a recession and you just ask what we're hiding. You're a brassy racist, I'll give you that. What a fuck tard, funny shit, LOL
Retard. Learn to read. I linked to WSJ to make my point. What the fuck did you bring to the table?

/——-/
re·ces·sion
[rəˈseSH(ə)n]

NOUN
  1. a period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters
Ooo... Did your cell block finally allow you to use Google? Good for you. Now, go look up retard.

Ooo... Did your cell block finally allow you to use Google? Good for you. Now, go look up retard.
retard

noun​

1. Retardation.
1658868327167.png

Even the WSJ does not think it is a recession.

That isn't what they said in your article

No wonder you had to go to twitchy to make your case. LOL

And you retards wonder why no one takes you seriously.

If the U.S. Is in a Recession, It’s a Very Strange One​

Economic output is down but the job market is strong, unlike in previous recessions

So I've gotten the WSJ for over 30 years, great magazine. But where do you get that your link changed the definition of a recession? You really are a shitty reader, it doesn't say that, you imagined it, Dorothy

When I say Biden I mean whoever is running the office he’s a placeholder of. And they’ve released the flying monkeys to tell the sheeples that the long-standing definition is now obsolete and the economy is somebody else’s responsibility.

He's working on a way to blame Putin.

That isn't what they said in your article

So I've gotten the WSJ for over 30 years, great magazine. But where do you get that your link changed the definition of a recession? You really are a shitty reader, it doesn't say that, you imagined it, Dorothy
Talking about being a shitty reader... you really need to up your reading skills. From the article...

It is the latest strange twist in the odd trajectory of the pandemic economy, and a riddle for those contemplating a recession. If the U.S. is in or near one, it doesn’t yet look like any other on record.

Analysts sometimes talked about “jobless recoveries” after past recessions, in which economic output rose but employers kept shedding workers. The first half of 2022 was the mirror image—a “jobful” downturn, in which output fell and companies kept hiring.

Notice how the WSJ hedges their bet by not calling it a recession? What the fuck do you think it means?

Now, your turn. Prove that the WSJ does call it a recession. Let's go, Dummy. Prove them reading skills you are boasting about.

The American people aren't buying Biden's lies and excuses so they spin and flail about in all directions trying to deflect. Election night this November will be one for the history books. :eusa_dance:

The Administration is not "spinning" or "flailing in all directions". There is more evidence that their "spin", that this is an aberration not an indication, because none of the other normal indications of a recession are present, is entirely reasonable.

Talking about being a shitty reader... you really need to up your reading skills. From the article...

It is the latest strange twist in the odd trajectory of the pandemic economy, and a riddle for those contemplating a recession. If the U.S. is in or near one, it doesn’t yet look like any other on record.

Analysts sometimes talked about “jobless recoveries” after past recessions, in which economic output rose but employers kept shedding workers. The first half of 2022 was the mirror image—a “jobful” downturn, in which output fell and companies kept hiring.

Notice how the WSJ hedges their bet by not calling it a recession? What the fuck do you think it means?

Now, your turn. Prove that the WSJ does call it a recession. Let's go, Dummy. Prove them reading skills you are boasting about.

Yeah, I heard Biden say he's redefining the word "recession." Neither you nor your Messiah Joe actually get to redefine words. Go fuck yourself. I do finance and economics for a living. You parrot all knowing lawyers, you don't even have enough knowledge of the subject to have a real discussion, just the cut and paste one above

Show your math
There's that. Imo Biden is just having another of his "branding" dementia moments. They should tell the truth. Consumer spending has to decline for inflation to decline. WE have MORE JOBS THAN workers. What are they doing to address that? And they should tell people that the fed is pulling liquidity (money) from the banking system to have fewer loans. (YOU may notice automakers continuing to offer pretty sweet interest deals to great credit buyers, so I doubt the Fed has yet to make up for it's failure to see this coming). And we are improving but still suffering from covid's destroying global supply chains. Maybe Biden doesn't want to address this, even if he can keep the notion in his head for more than a transitory moment. Globalism allowed the US to create universal healthcare, and a working class kid with a B or better HS graduation does get at least two free years in most places, and even four in some. Those might not be things the dems want to advertise, given the progressives.

But, I'm not sure the numbers even fit the "two consecutive quarters of declining gnp" definition. And household income continued to RISE in June. Hiring is GREAT. Unemployment is so low .... it's lower than what we thought was possible just a decade ago. Anyone who wants a job, has more than one. I'm not sure why people are panhandling... WAIT I am sure. They make more that way that in an entry level job, and their skills are such that they don't have the ability to get a better job. Progressives probably don't like that, either. Or they think panhandlers need more aid so they don't have to panhandle.

Economistly (- speaking, the reason to avoid the "two quarters" definition is that 1) it's not that uncommon to have downturns caused by things like covid or 9-11. Why should transitory economic disruptions be called the same thing as an econ having too much demand and not enough supply? It shouldn't because the remedies are not the same.

My worry is simply about how much demand the Fed will really have to kill. 1981 was a very ugly time. And it's when economically I decided the mainstream dems (like Ted) were lost .... until clintoneconomics

The Administration is not "spinning" or "flailing in all directions". There is more evidence that their "spin", that this is an aberration not an indication, because none of the other normal indications of a recession are present, is entirely reasonable.
True, but they don't seem too interested in saying what's going to stop inflation. (And they have belatedly addressed supply chains rather than progressive dogma)

Forum List

Back