big name actors doing commercials

If you get the chance, peruse YouTube for Ryan Reynolds' plugs for Aviation American Gin. They're funny as hell, and he's part owner of the company.

Last edited:
Celebrity endorsement has been around for a while now...

2000-7802_M.jpg

Think this is something new?

Hard to find a cigarette commercial in the 50s that didn't have a well known actor/actress in it.
Good point, what they need to do is to sue the actors who promoted the product (and the ad. agencies) as well as the manufactures.

I wonder if it would make any difference if the commercials were required to post the salary that the celebs get for hawking their junk.

I wonder if it would make any difference if the commercials were required to post the salary that the celebs get for hawking their junk.

Celebrities who appear on screen endorsing a product should be required to actually use the product, IMO.

It is surprising and somewhat disturbing to see actors with more money than God doing this.

Tom Sellick selling reverse mortgages to Old Bastards?

And what's up with McConahey selling Lincolns in those Zen commercials?

You reminded me of Sally Field being diagnosed with osteoparosis and making a killing selling junk drugs to old ladies .

Celebrities who appear on screen endorsing a product should be required to actually use the product, IMO.

I disagree. If the consumer is so retarded as to believe this celebrity's horseshit then they deserve to be ripped off. They also deserve to be beaten within a inch of their life in front of their children.

I disagree. If the consumer is so retarded as to believe this celebrity's horseshit then they deserve to be ripped off. They also deserve to be beaten within a inch of their life in front of their children.
It's no secret that ad. agencies employ psychologists and experts to fool the public into buying junk. It ain't about being retarded, it's about being misinformed for the last hundred years. High schools are full of easy A subjects pertaining to "global warming" when they should be teaching kids how to spot a lie.

Forum List

Back