Big problem with illegal immigrants in Buffalo- They’re not tipping

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
In the Buffalo area(in Hamburg), there’s two hotels that have been transformed into hosting areas for illegal immigrants. They’re getting money from the government. And guess what? One of my friends who is a pizza delivery guy has delivered to them numerous times not one of them has tipped. What a disgrace they are to whatever country they come from. They know full well when they buy the pizza, subs, or the wings that they should tip and they don’t, it’s despicable.

In the US, there is an expectation of almost always tipping certain service providers like waiters and bartenders. Generally, it is expected that customers tip 15% for ordinary service, 20% or more for great service (or when in a large group), and even poor service is supposed to merit 10%. Tipping nothing is considered appropriate only for extremely bad behavior from the service provider.
Whenever the topic comes up, many people are enraged at the suggestion of not tipping.

In the Buffalo area(in Hamburg), there’s two hotels that have been transformed into hosting areas for illegal immigrants. They’re getting money from the government. And guess what? One of my friends who is a pizza delivery guy has delivered to them numerous times not one of them has tipped. What a disgrace they are to whatever country they come from. They know full well when they buy the pizza, subs, or the wings that they should tip and they don’t, it’s despicable.

In the US, there is an expectation of almost always tipping certain service providers like waiters and bartenders. Generally, it is expected that customers tip 15% for ordinary service, 20% or more for great service (or when in a large group), and even poor service is supposed to merit 10%. Tipping nothing is considered appropriate only for extremely bad behavior from the service provider.
Whenever the topic comes up, many people are enraged at the suggestion of not tipping.

Tipping is stupid. The employer should pay the person's wages.

Well if you have a friend that is a pizza delivery driver, it must be true.

Tipping isn't a thing in a lot of other parts of the world. Everyone pretty much knows that to some degree. In America were the only country I believe where people are just about obligated to tip.

I'm not sure how you can be unhappy about though. They are illegals here illegally and getting free shit. Why would you ever be stupid enough to think they would give away 1 cent? They are here to suck at uncle sams tit, not be generous.

Tipping is stupid. The employer should pay the person's wages.

I didn't used to have a problem with it when I could leave a couple bucks and go on. But now this bullshit of wanting me to tip more and more and more, and everywhere I go someone has a tip jar out, even a guy that pours coffee in a cup wants a tip, people who never used to get tips now want them. Everywhere everyone has their hand out.

If I go to like my usual breakfast place I've always gone where I know the family that runs it and the staff because I go there every Saturday for 20 years I tip more. Or if go somewhere and a older person that's nice takes are of me. I'll give them something extra but that's it.

The problem is they keep raising prices, and on top of that want me to pay their staffs wages? When prices go and quality goes down I don't want to tip. I don't like being expected to pay my tab at full price then pay even more on top of that because someone carried it for me. They didn't go buy the ingredients or cook it, they carried it from the kitchen to me and that's it.

And this expectation I should tip a percent is ridiculous. So if a waitress carries out a 12 dollar burger why should I pay a percent on if she carries out a 60 dollar steak/lobster? She carried the exact amount of stuff to my table, it wasn't more work. But because I paid more for my dinner I somehow also have to pay extra tip? No.

America's obsession with trying to get tips everywhere I go, and this sense of obligation to tipping has really turned me off of it.

Tipping isn't a thing in a lot of other parts of the world. Everyone pretty much knows that to some degree. In America were the only country I believe where people are just about obligated to tip.

I'm not sure how you can be unhappy about though. They are illegals here illegally and getting free shit. Why would you ever be stupid enough to think they would give away 1 cent? They are here to suck at uncle sams tit, not be generous.

I didn't used to have a problem with it when I could leave a couple bucks and go on. But now this bullshit of wanting me to tip more and more and more, and everywhere I go someone has a tip jar out, even a guy that pours coffee in a cup wants a tip, people who never used to get tips now want them. Everywhere everyone has their hand out.

If I go to like my usual breakfast place I've always gone where I know the family that runs it and the staff because I go there every Saturday for 20 years I tip more. Or if go somewhere and a older person that's nice takes are of me. I'll give them something extra but that's it.

The problem is they keep raising prices, and on top of that want me to pay their staffs wages? When prices go and quality goes down I don't want to tip. I don't like being expected to pay my tab at full price then pay even more on top of that because someone carried it for me. They didn't go buy the ingredients or cook it, they carried it from the kitchen to me and that's it.

And this expectation I should tip a percent is ridiculous. So if a waitress carries out a 12 dollar burger why should I pay a percent on if she carries out a 60 dollar steak/lobster? She carried the exact amount of stuff to my table, it wasn't more work. But because I paid more for my dinner I somehow also have to pay extra tip? No.

America's obsession with trying to get tips everywhere I go, and this sense of obligation to tipping has really turned me off of it.

A lot of illegal immigrants don't get much being in the US, other than the opportunity to work illegally. Many of them make money and send it home, trying to make their family's life better and improve themselves and their own situation.

I think that I have read that in some countries (I forget which ones) tipping is not expected -- and sometimes rejected with indignation!!!

Tipping was meant as a way of getting better and more attentive service.
owners of restaurants and other establishments found they could charge less for meals because tips were making up part of the wages and federal and state taxes they would have had to pay to the service help.
Lower prices for the owner meant more business then those having to pay full wages to their employees. After all where would you go if you had a choice between a ten dollar meal or a twenty dollar meal of the same quality?
unfortunately some people felt that even though they were being paid a decent wage why not try and up their wages by trying to get tips. So then you had a lot of people putting out tip jars and such.
The answer is very simple. Tell your favorite restaurants that you no longer want to tip and that you want to pay the higher prices that would be required. If they get enough of these types of requests then I am sure that they will no longer have the lower prices and will raise their prices to reflect the lack of tips. But do not be surprised if you are only one of a bare handful that want to pay 15 dollars for a meal that used to cost 9.

Tipping was meant as a way of getting better and more attentive service.
owners of restaurants and other establishments found they could charge less for meals because tips were making up part of the wages and federal and state taxes they would have had to pay to the service help.
Lower prices for the owner meant more business then those having to pay full wages to their employees. After all where would you go if you had a choice between a ten dollar meal or a twenty dollar meal of the same quality?
unfortunately some people felt that even though they were being paid a decent wage why not try and up their wages by trying to get tips. So then you had a lot of people putting out tip jars and such.
The answer is very simple. Tell your favorite restaurants that you no longer want to tip and that you want to pay the higher prices that would be required. If they get enough of these types of requests then I am sure that they will no longer have the lower prices and will raise their prices to reflect the lack of tips. But do not be surprised if you are only one of a bare handful that want to pay 15 dollars for a meal that used to cost 9.

Because you no longer give the server $2.00 for a $9.00 meal doesn't then equate to $15.

Because you no longer give the server $2.00 for a $9.00 meal doesn't then equate to $15.
No you seem to not understand. They have to pay the server a higher wage this also includes higher federal and state taxes that must be paid. Such as social security, unemployment etc.
or do you think that those stay the same?
in most cases you are requiring the employer to double the pay of the server which in turns doubles all of the federal and state taxes.
I understand that you want the exact dollar and cent amount but that is only a rough estimate. I am not aware of each individual employee withholding or the employers accident rate so it is hard to give an exact dollar and cent amount.
Also most servers are required to handle multiple tables in one hour so even though you only give $2.00 another table may pay ten while another pays six.
Some people may even tip three or four dollars for the exact 9 dollar meal.

No you seem to not understand. They have to pay the server a higher wage this also includes higher federal and state taxes that must be paid. Such as social security, unemployment etc.
or do you think that those stay the same?
in most cases you are requiring the employer to double the pay of the server which in turns doubles all of the federal and state taxes.

You are just making things up to suit your argument.

I understand that you want the exact dollar and cent amount but that is only a rough estimate. I am not aware of each individual employee withholding or the employers accident rate so it is hard to give an exact dollar and cent amount.
Also most servers are required to handle multiple tables in one hour so even though you only give $2.00 another table may pay ten while another pays six.
Some people may even tip three or four dollars for the exact 9 dollar meal.

And pay a server a decent wage and many will still tip.

Whoever owns the pizza place should charge those illegals double that of what a citizen pays.

If diners do not tip, and only the establishment pays the server the food will go up in price and service may suffer as well.

Those who claim there should be no tipping in the US are pretty much retarded dildos with no business or economic knowledge.

Read a book, you dumb shits.

Only for traditional things like delivering food, cutting someone’s hair or waiting on somebody is there expected to be a tip. Not for going to Starbucks and getting a coffee. I agree companies are asking for tips for there workers too much. I saw this at an airport a robot machine that makes coffee is asking for tips. That’s obviously ridiculous.

But for 100 years or more tipping has been part of American culture when it comes to obvious things like restaurants, delivering food or getting a haircut. It’s an ingrained part of the American way.

I will say when I was in Cambodia, I would ask the servers do they get tips. A lot of them don’t get tips from Japanese customers , but I would still tip whether I got a taxi ride or was that a restaurant. Makes me feel good about myself. I’m also not a brokey.

I know that in some countries in Europe, there is tipping. But for example, I know that in Japan there is not a tipping culture. But when people from anywhere in the world come to America they have to respect our culture and tip. We can’t have our hard-working waitresses not getting tips. They’ve been getting tips for 100 years or so.

there’s also the point of adjusting to the customs of one’s country. Like when I went to Cambodia or Singapore, I respected their traditions. And anybody who comes to America shd respect our traditions.

Somethings going on with these illegals they’re getting all this money from the government, they’re getting free housing. They gave my friend a pizza delivery guy $100 bill they’re paying him in 50 or $100 bills whenever he delivers to them. He has delivered to tons of them. None of them have left a tip. It makes the illegals look bad. I’m sure somewhere in the country some of them tip, but there is clearly a bad situation going on here.

The major point is it just goes to show us it really matters that people respect America. So all of the illegals that my friend dealt with left a bad image for him. It’s not just one. It’s been quite a few of them leaving no tip.

If somebody comes from India or Africa or Germany, they have to tip at a American restaurant. Frankly if they don’t tip they should be arrested or deported. If they’re not willing to tip, what else are they not willing to respect in America? Yeah I have strong feelings about this. Just looking out for the little guy.

I remember this happened when I used to be an Uber driver and I picked up two German guys and they left no tip. The only thing I could think about them was what a disgrace they are …it instills a bad image for these types of people for not respecting our traditions. So Europeans do it too. But again the point always goes back to the golden rule of respecting traditions and the culture of the country somebody is in. The whole “when in Rome thing.”

The worst thing is when somebody from Africa or Bangladesh or Germany has a big smile on their face after getting a huge order of food and they leave no tip. They are low class people.

You are just making things up to suit your argument.

And pay a server a decent wage and many will still tip.
I see you are unfamiliar with payroll. I am not making anything up. taxes on wages are a real thing. An employer has to pay into unemployment, they pay the exact amount you pay in social security, they pay the same in Medicare, they also have to pay a little thing called Workers compensation. These all add to what the employee is paid in wages.
Most restaurants pay at least half of minimum wage or less because they claim that tips make up the difference. In fact a waitress or waiter have to declare their tips at the end of each shift. This is submitted to the IRS just as their wages are submitted.
So in short if you increase pay you increase the amount that the restaurant pays to its waitress the more they are required to pay in the form of Medicare, social security and the rest. So it is not just a wage increase.

Yes if you go to someplace that does not use tipping to increase wages then there may well be those that tip. Some maybe due to ingrained habit, some maybe because they wish to. I always over tip if I get decent service because I am well aware of what a waitress has to do and what she is paid and what she will look forward to as she gets too old to work.

When I've eaten at places that do not expect or accept tips service has been far, far better than it is here.

Many foreigners come from places where tipping does not happen. Not only that, some come from places where you always bargain (negotiate) with the seller.

Forum List

Back