Big problem with illegal immigrants in Buffalo- They’re not tipping

Not really a problem in New York. Unlike most states, tipped workers in New York don't have to rely on tips. State law requires employers to cover the difference if their workers do not make enough money from wages and tips combined to meet or exceed the general minimum wage.

Minimum wage in New York is $15.00 ($16.00 in NYC). Minimum wage for tipped workers is $10.65 in New York. A tipped worker has to make at least a combined income equivalent to the full minimum wage when their normal and tipped wages are combined. If they do not, the employer is required pay them a bonus to make up the difference.

Not really a problem in New York. Unlike most states, tipped workers in New York don't have to rely on tips. State law requires employers to cover the difference if their workers do not make enough money from wages and tips combined to meet or exceed the general minimum wage.

Minimum wage in New York is $15.00 ($16.00 in NYC). Minimum wage for tipped workers is $10.65 in New York. A tipped worker has to make at least a combined income equivalent to the full minimum wage when their normal and tipped wages are combined. If they do not, the employer is required pay them a bonus to make up the difference.
$15 in New York State is not enough for living expenses. That type of pay is meant for kids or perhaps senior citizens looking for a side job in retirement.

With the inflation rising under Biden, the cost of a home loan tripling under Biden. It’s not going to cut it. Car prices, food prices going out to restaurants all up in price in the past few years.

Not to mention the ethical point. Tipping is a part of American culture. For somebody to for example go out to a restaurant or order a pizza and not tip is unethical and against American values.

$15 in New York State is not enough for living expenses. That type of pay is meant for kids or perhaps senior citizens looking for a side job in retirement.

With the inflation rising under Biden, the cost of a home loan tripling under Biden. It’s not going to cut it. Car prices, food prices going out to restaurants all up in price in the past few years.

Not to mention the ethical point. Tipping is a part of American culture. For somebody to for example go out to a restaurant or order a pizza and not tip is unethical and against American values.

What the hell are you smoking. Food delivery was never intended to be a career path. No one should expect to make enough money to pay rent, utilities, car payments ect. Also I determine the tip for a pizza delivery driver based on how far they have to drive and the time required to make the delivery, not the cost of the food. If I order a pizza on line and pick it up at the store, I don't leave a tip. Why should I, I placed the order and I pick it up. I went to dinner last night and got very good service, I tipped a bit more than 20%. But what pisses me off are the restaurants that have suggested tips when you pay the bill and they always include the sales tax. I tip based on the price of the meal, not the govts bite.

Forum List

Back