Bill O'Relly just made as powerful a statement as any to Krauthammer re: Trump inauguration

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
He told him that artists are not going to perform for Trump inauguration out of fear of not being able to find a job in the industry. Charles put up a slight argument against this opinion suggesting it is about political opinion and such before O'Reilly provided the zinger:

"You don't know Hollywood very well. People would perform for Joseph Stalin if they thought it would further their career".

Ouch.

Bill is hit and miss, but I simply appreciate his candor. I believe I could have a spirited debate with him and he wouldn't avoid the confrontation but would welcome it. I can respect anyone like that. He doesn't duck and hide. Hell even Trump says it "he's tough but he's fair".

That one liner though...it's disturbing, but I imagine it is frighteningly more accurate than one might think...

That one liner though...it's disturbing, but I imagine it is frighteningly more accurate than one might think...
Agreed. When it comes down to it, Hollywood celebrities are attention whores.

There's an old saying about how politics is show business for ugly people. If that's true, the there's a good chance the reverse is true; show business is politics for pretty people. I strongly suspect O'Reilly is correct that many are fearful of reprisals if they associate themselves with Trump.

Bill generally nails things pretty well. Sometimes he's an asshole too - and overextends himself emotionally. Over all he's an OK guy.

Sometimes I think Krauthammer tries to out-think himself serving his intellectual reputation.

Perhaps performers don't want to perform for a morally reprehensible person and his socially challenged supporters.

Bill generally nails things pretty well. Sometimes he's an asshole too - and overextends himself emotionally. Over all he's an OK guy.

Sometimes I think Krauthammer tries to out-think himself serving his intellectual reputation.
"he's an asshole too - and overextends himself emotionally."

One has to wonder how he is still working. . . . :eusa_think:

He told him that artists are not going to perform for Trump inauguration out of fear of not being able to find a job in the industry. Charles put up a slight argument against this opinion suggesting it is about political opinion and such before O'Reilly provided the zinger:

"You don't know Hollywood very well. People would perform for Joseph Stalin if they thought it would further their career".

Ouch.

Bill is hit and miss, but I simply appreciate his candor. I believe I could have a spirited debate with him and he wouldn't avoid the confrontation but would welcome it. I can respect anyone like that. He doesn't duck and hide. Hell even Trump says it "he's tough but he's fair".

I saw that. I pretty much agreed with most he had to say. Even if I don't care who does or does not perform.
I like O'Reilly for the most part, though at times he can definitely annoy me.

Ouch.

Both had valid points imo. Business is business and politics is politics. A smart businessman or "entertainer" knows where the potholes are and does all he can to avoid them.

"he's an asshole too - and overextends himself emotionally."

One has to wonder how he is still working. . . . :eusa_think:

That is ancient history.

It is a known and very evident fact that the shittywood crowd have no actual personality of their own, so they must always project a façade of self important worth. They are all shallow, egotistical, and for the most part very low on the scale of mental power. They choose their causes with an absolute lack of actual understanding about any of the involved factors or effects of some action within the scope of the theatre they choose. They are in fact only the basest of human intellectuals and prove it daily with their childish actions and statements. If they all worked 29 hours a day they would not save ONE life, yet they demand to be paid more for one hour of their life than a surgeon who saves lives every day including theirs sometimes. I wouldn't pay a cent to watch any of them do anything. I wish every other decent person in the country would do the same for eight years. I don't think there are enough liberal lying shit and scum in the country to support them especially if they have no where to perform. Genres can cut them out of their programs just as easy as they can refuse to perform. Gunshows, and other sports shows, watersports shows and many other types of trade shows bring in more revenue than most any "Star" liberal shit anyway. I say if they want to play to their crowd Let them.

Perhaps performers don't want to perform for a morally reprehensible person and his socially challenged supporters.
Yeah, instead they go to Hollywood to get away from all that, right?...I'd like to give you credit for a nice try but it is so obvious you did not think this one through

It is a known and very evident fact that the shittywood crowd have no actual personality of their own, so they must always project a façade of self important worth. They are all shallow, egotistical, and for the most part very low on the scale of mental power. They choose their causes with an absolute lack of actual understanding about any of the involved factors or effects of some action within the scope of the theatre they choose. They are in fact only the basest of human intellectuals and prove it daily with their childish actions and statements. If they all worked 29 hours a day they would not save ONE life, yet they demand to be paid more for one hour of their life than a surgeon who saves lives every day including theirs sometimes. I wouldn't pay a cent to watch any of them do anything. I wish every other decent person in the country would do the same for eight years. I don't think there are enough liberal lying shit and scum in the country to support them especially if they have no where to perform. Genres can cut them out of their programs just as easy as they can refuse to perform. Gunshows, and other sports shows, watersports shows and many other types of trade shows bring in more revenue than most any "Star" liberal shit anyway. I say if they want to play to their crowd Let them.

Entertainers would be nothing without people supporting them and many forget that. Of course, some now are refusing to perform at the inauguration because they know their fans, at least they think they do. Remember Air America? The liberal response to conservative talk radio. They couldn't get enough liberals to listen to them and the show eventually went off the air. Despite it being such a huge failure, the media still keeps Maddow around.

If the left can't even get other libs to listen to a radio show, how will they get enough people to support celebrities who choose to bash half the population? Many are being nasty to all Republicans and their supporters. The insults continue to fly and some are going to find out the hard way that they are turning off a lot of fans. While Hollywood might adore them, that doesn't mean shit without a good fan base.

I'm sure Trump couldn't care less if the liberal entertainment industry performs at his innaguration.

I know I couldn't care less. He will be sworn in whether they perform or not.

Moot point really.

So the marching bands that declined to perform have something to do with Hollywood?

O'Reilly is a great author.

I just finished his book "Killing The Rising Sun" about the A-Bomb drops on Japan.

Could not put it down.

Read it nonstop for 32 hours day and night until I finished it.

Ouch.

Thanks for that OP!

But...I hope you won't mind if I mention how I jumped out of my seat when O'Reilly showed total ignorance in this comment:

"...reverse McCarthyism.....McCarty smeared innocent Hollywood individuals...blah blah blah...." .....or some version of those words.

1. McCarthy smeared no innocent American. He has been proven correct in his charges.

2. McCarthy had nothing to do with Hollywood....that was the HUAC...the House committee....
....McCarthy was as a Senator.

On the whole...O'Reilly was correct about Liberals in general and Hollywood Liberals in particular:
Total and unmitigated cowards and bigots.

O'Reilly is a great author.

I just finished his book "Killing The Rising Sun" about the A-Bomb drops on Japan.

Could not put it down.

Read it nonstop for 32 hours day and night until I finished it.

I really liked his book about McArthur, too.

Used to be, all you had to do was get on the casting couch for Cecile B. DeMille or one of those other horny assholes.

Now you have to fellate Obama, too.

Forum List

Back