Bill would allow Ohioans to carry concealed firearms with no permit, training

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Ohioans would no longer need a permit or training to carry concealed firearms under a bill introduced on Tuesday by a Pickaway County representative.

Gun-rights advocates immediately cheered the measure as an affirmation of Second Amendment rights, while critics, including law enforcement, expressed opposition because current training requirements and background checks would be wiped out.

...Five states now allow concealed carry without a permit — the most recent was signed into law on Friday in Kansas — and at least 10 other states are considering legislation.

“Any law-abiding citizen should be able to carry a gun, concealed or not,” said one of the co-sponsors, Rep. Andrew Brenner, R-Powell, who noted that he hopes new gun users would get training anyway. “Whether they’re carrying it underneath a jacket or openly displaying a sidearm should make no difference.”

“Ohio has been 10 to 20 years behind the country on firearms stuff,” [OH speaker of the house] said. “The world didn’t end in any other state where this passed, and it won’t in Ohio either.”
Bill would allow Ohioans to carry concealed firearms with no permit training The Columbus Dispatch
:clap:
5 states allow concealed carry w/i a permit - what problems have they had?
Ohio allows open carry w/o a permit -- what problem has it had?

Yes.....I support all the training you can get....and in support of this states should remove all fees that are associated with owning a firearm....this would enable more people to spend that money on safety an shooting classes and less on useless anti gun paper work.......

Should be a federal law.....
Oh...wait.....
Federal law states that we have a right to own and use a gun for self-defense, that this right does not dissolve when we leave our houses, and that said right shall not be infringed. :)
I agree...I just don't see a need for state laws as the 2nd grants us the right to own and carry firearms. I don't even like the conceal carry laws. Why should I have to get a license to carry a gun...concealed or not?

Yes.....I support all the training you can get....and in support of this states should remove all fees that are associated with owning a firearm....this would enable more people to spend that money on safety an shooting classes and less on useless anti gun paper work.......
Local Gun and Rod club is offering a two-day safety course for $50.00. Normally a $200.00 value...I'm thinking of taking a refresher...at that rate, how can you lose?

Oh...wait.....
Federal law states that we have a right to own and use a gun for self-defense, that this right does not dissolve when we leave our houses, and that said right shall not be infringed. :)
I agree...I just don't see a need for state laws as the 2nd grants us the right to own and carry firearms. I don't even like the conceal carry laws. Why should I have to get a license to carry a gun...concealed or not?

Exactly, how you carry should be up to you.....tactics lean toward concealed carry but the state should have no say in that.....the anti gunners want concealed carry 1) because it gives them a way to jam up normal people who accidentally show their gun and 2) concealed carry keeps regular, non carry people from getting used to seeing guns on people and no harm coming from them......

Oh...wait.....

Exactly, how you carry should be up to you.....tactics lean toward concealed carry but the state should have no say in that.....the anti gunners want concealed carry 1) because it gives them a way to jam up normal people who accidentally show their gun and 2) concealed carry keeps regular, non carry people from getting used to seeing guns on people and no harm coming from them......
The problem is, too many Americans have been wussified....

I was filling up at a gas station across from where I work, and the guy that pulled in on the other side of the pump jumped out and I noticed a nice glock on his hip....Didn't say anything, but it was refreshing to see some people willing to exercise their rights....

Funny thing is, fear never once entered My mind.

CC permits here have to be renewed often, and the classes repeated.

I carry where I need to, and if busted, will pay my fine like a man and not bitch.

I don't like it, but, it is cheaper than buying the permit and classes over and over again.

CC permits here have to be renewed often, and the classes repeated.
I carry where I need to, and if busted, will pay my fine like a man and not bitch.
I don't like it, but, it is cheaper than buying the permit and classes over and over again.
I pay $35 for 5 years and need to take a class every other renewal.

Damn, it's absurd! Wearing and buying guns without special training and documents will increase number of shootings, not crimes, but shootings by people who just didn't have enough time to practice before using!

Forum List

Back