bin Laden's sil captured

This guy was one of bin Laden's family members that Bush sneaked out of the country after 9/11.

I read the thread title and thought, "bin Laden's sophisticated investor letter has been captured?"

I've been working wayyyyyyyyyy too much lately.

The U.S. asked Turkey to extradite Abu Ghaith after his detention in Ankara early February.

Abu Ghaith, the former spokesman of the al-Qaeda terror network, was seized in a luxury hotel in Ankara after a tip-off from CIA. He was held there by police for 33 days, the Hürriyet report said.

However, a Turkish court decided to release Abu Ghaith after 33 days in detention on the grounds that he had not committed any crime in Turkey.

Ankara considered Ghaith a “stateless” person, as he was stripped of his Kuwaiti nationality after appearing in videos defending the 9/11 attacks and threatening further violence.

Turkish police also found no criminal record for Abu Ghaith, who entered the country illegally from Iran; he could therefore be deported to Iran or to another country of his choice.
After Iran did not accept him, Turkey decided to send him to Kuwait via Jordan. Abu Ghaith was sent to Jordan on March 1, the same day U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry visited Turkey.

The CIA started the operation while Abu Ghaith was passing from Jordan to Kuwait. He was captured and taken to the U.S.
INTERNATIONAL - US captured Bin Laden son-in-law on the way to Kuwait

Well good.

Glad another dirtbag is headed for Gitmo.

One more who won't be trying to kill us.

I think he should be tried by tribunal outside the continental USA but I doubt that will happen.

I think he should be tried by tribunal outside the continental USA but I doubt that will happen.

If he is a military capture, then he probably should be tried by a military tribunal. Though, I admit im a bit rusty when it comes to when military tribunals apply. Been a while since i studied it.

Forum List

Back