Birthday paradox.. How many of us here were born on August 2?

monicabrench

Rookie
Mar 11, 2014
I was thinking about the birthday paradox: "in a set of n randomly chosen people, some pair of them will have the same birthday. By the pigeonhole principle, the probability reaches 100% when the number of people reaches 367 (since there are 366 possible birthdays, including February 29)." (Source: Wiki) :D

I was born on August 2, 1981. I wonder, how many people on this forum were born on the same day as me? Just wanna see how realistic is this theory.

(Note: testing this theory on other forums as well, so please don't get upset if you run into this elsewhere as well)

I was thinking about the birthday paradox: "in a set of n randomly chosen people, some pair of them will have the same birthday. By the pigeonhole principle, the probability reaches 100% when the number of people reaches 367 (since there are 366 possible birthdays, including February 29)." (Source: Wiki) :D

I was born on August 2, 1981. I wonder, how many people on this forum were born on the same day as me? Just wanna see how realistic is this theory.

(Note: testing this theory on other forums as well, so please don't get upset if you run into this elsewhere as well)

Wait until Aug 2 and look at the bottom of the home page. It will show who ever has their birthday set in their options.

The probability reaches 50% after 23 people.

300px-Birthday_Paradox.svg.png

March 17th for me.

March 17th for me.

Is u Irish? :beer:

March 17th for me.

Is u Irish? :beer:

Maybe. I do not keep track of the entire family tree.

However, there is this urge, to kill snakes, that I can't seem to get rid of...

I want to find out how many of us here were born on August 2nd of common years only.

Note: Leap years are:

He's a Leo.Is there an issue?

Just for fun I'm August 22, my son is the 11th and my husband is the 3rd. I have clusters. I go broke in April (aye curmba) and August.

Last edited:
Thank you for your responses!

Still looking for my birth twins. Anyone here born on August 2nd of a common year?

Forum List

Back