If "price gouging" is happening, why didn't Biden & Harris stop it? (Poll)

Is price gouging causing inflation, or are Biden/Harris policies causing it?

• Price gouging by greedy corporations is causing inflation

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Biden/Harris policies are causing inflation

Votes: 24 85.7%

• Total voters
First step is people like you admitting profit seeking has caused inflation.

Can’t talk solutions until you acknowledge this is a major part of the problem.

How does this work in a free market? Are you saying competing corporations are all in cahoots to raise prices? That would be collusion, which is illegal. Do you think that Toyota would keep their prices at previous levels if at all possible to undercut Honda, Nissan, Ford, Chevy, etc. Wouldn't it make sense they would do so to increase sells? Maybe, just maybe, they can't because their costs have risen as well.

WRONG-Covid is a Corona virus, not an Influenza virus.

FALSE, FAKE NEWS- Biden stopped ZERO oil production on day 1 or any day after.
He stopped drilling and oil and gas leases which caused loss of production and higher fuel prices. Only those who choose to remain uninformed (like you) would say something so stupid. Hell, BIDEN himself said he’d put an end to fossil fuels!!

I would say a mixture of both. Biden had made policies to make electricity and other essential stuff to run a house more expensive. Also corporations are putting less food into containers for THE SAME PRICE AS IF THEY DIDN'T PUT LESS PRODUCT INTO SAY A BAG OF POTATO CHIPS! Same goes for gaming. Last gen it was $60 now games on the PS5, Xbox, and PC have RISEN BY TEN DOLLARS BECAUSE THEY ARE GREEDY AS HELL!

Ok, so let's look to the future. How are Harris' policies going to help the economy? Is raising corporate and capital gains taxes going to help? What about increasing the child tax credit, which is fully refundable, meaning it is free money to those that don't pay federal income taxes. Is that going to help? What about replacing private health insurance in lieu of a single payer system She said she was in favor of that in the Democratic primary debate just 4-5 years ago. There are a plethora of other far-left ideas that I am sure she is going to end up supporting, but has to be quiet about them for now as not to upset the apple cart. How about removing the stepped up basis for property received via probate? Biden supported that idea. Would that be helpful?

The reality is that most who vote for Harris couldn't care less about her policies, which is exactly why she is in no hurry to publish them. If/when she does, there is little doubt that she will make an attempt not to appear so left-wing crazy. Harris voters won't bother to look at her voting record nor even listen to her from just a few short years ago. The fact that she isn't meany Trump is good enough. It's sad.
Raising taxes will reduce deficits which will help. Replacing insurance with single payer will also reduce costs and reduce health care inflation.

What about Trump? Deporting millions of people in the work force is going to worsen labor shortages and cause inflation. Tariffs and trade wars cause inflation. He’s going to blow up deficits and increase inflation. Not to mention his crazy idea about having input on federal reserve rate changes to lower them quickly and drive up inflation.

Money is printed as a result of policies of those in power which (until recently) was the Biden regime, That is, until Democrats mounted a coup against him and installed that bastion of ignorance, Kamala.
Conservabonics is a horrible way to try to communicate.

How does this work in a free market? Are you saying competing corporations are all in cahoots to raise prices? That would be collusion, which is illegal. Do you think that Toyota would keep their prices at previous levels if at all possible to undercut Honda, Nissan, Ford, Chevy, etc. Wouldn't it make sense they would do so to increase sells? Maybe, just maybe, they can't because their costs have risen as well.
Food manufacturing has undergone serious consolidation and so is dominated by just a handful of companies. They don’t need to coordinate to get the idea that they can all increase their prices and all reap more profits.

Free markets get less efficient when there are only a handful of major players.

I would say a mixture of both. Biden had made policies to make electricity and other essential stuff to run a house more expensive. Also corporations are putting less food into containers for THE SAME PRICE AS IF THEY DIDN'T PUT LESS PRODUCT INTO SAY A BAG OF POTATO CHIPS! Same goes for gaming. Last gen it was $60 now games on the PS5, Xbox, and PC have RISEN BY TEN DOLLARS BECAUSE THEY ARE GREEDY AS HELL!
What polices were those again?

Food manufacturing has undergone serious consolidation and so is dominated by just a handful of companies. They don’t need to coordinate to get the idea that they can all increase their prices and all reap more profits.

Free markets get less efficient when there are only a handful of major players.
A byproduct of capitalism is a move towards monopoly. Where is way government is needed to oppose those actions.

Back in 1999, you could buy an ounce of gold for 900 dollars. Today it is over $2,500 an ounce. Did the gold change?
The gold didn't change. The price of gold is increasing due to the overprinting of money. Honestly I say destroy the money made in the last ten years, and have the gold standard return. By that, I mean make some money and tie that money to the gold we have. I say $100 per pound of gold

The gold didn't change. The price of gold is increasing due to the overprinting of money. Honestly I say destroy the money made in the last ten years, and have the gold standard return. By that, I mean make some money and tie that money to the gold we have. I say $100 per pound of gold
Explain how the printing of money has caused gold prices to increase.

First step is people like you admitting profit seeking has caused inflation.

Can’t talk solutions until you acknowledge this is a major part of the problem.
LOL!! BULLSHIT. Biden's term is almost over he has no clue how to fix inflation, neither does Kamala.

Biden's moronic open borders policy is the problem. Trump will fix it.

Look at the poll results if you need a hint.

LOL!! BULLSHIT. Biden's term is almost over he has no clue how to fix inflation, neither does Kamala.

Inflation is currently 2.8% is that not fixed.

Fat Elvis fixing something? Yeah, stiffing his contractors.

Talk to Harris, I never said that. Now you said Biden's policies was causing all this high inflation, but like most dumbass Trump Humpers you can't tell us which policies it was.

So you are saying harris is lying then right? Why is she lying?

Look at the poll results if you need a hint.
It’s pretty clear you guys don’t have any idea what caused inflation let alone how to fix it. You can only frame it as a “Biden is bad” argument.

Inflation has nothing to do with border policy but will definitely get worse if Trump is able to deport millions of immigrants who have been living and working here for years.

It’s pretty clear you guys don’t have any idea what caused inflation let alone how to fix it. You can only frame it as a “Biden is bad” argument.

Inflation has nothing to do with border policy but will definitely get worse if Trump is able to deport millions of immigrants who have been living and working here for years.
Fat Elvis can't even explain how tariffs work or who pays them.

Forum List

Back