If "price gouging" is happening, why didn't Biden & Harris stop it? (Poll)

Is price gouging causing inflation, or are Biden/Harris policies causing it?

• Price gouging by greedy corporations is causing inflation

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Biden/Harris policies are causing inflation

Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters
In most areas of the economy, "price gouging" is the mode of operation that all manufacturers/sellers strive for. Why do you think big corporations all have R&D departments? So that they can develop unique beneficial technology that they can either patent or keep as a trade secret, thus facilitating "gouging" of their customer base. When you have a couple of such unique products or services, you can maintain the less profitable lines to pay the overhead and remain viable. Without them, you are in trouble.

There are only a few segments of the economy where price gouging is manifestly harmful to the public, and one of them would appear to be pharmaceuticals, but politicians (who are business-retarded) should step very lightly in that area because in addition to those products where they are making a killing, they are developing products - at great cost - that will not be efficacious and the investment will ultimately be a complete waste. They have to have both winners and losers, so if you punish them for exploiting their winners, the harm to the business could be dramatic.

The price gouging that bothers me personally is Ticketmaster and similar organizations who have taken the former crime of "scalping," made it "respectable," and fuck the public nightly. But no one is forced to but a Taylor Swift ticket, eh?

You said the Biden policies have cause record inflation, I asked you which specific policies and all I am getting is crickets.
What were the deficits under Biden/Harris?

And you're getting alot more than crickets but you don't appear to grasp the concept of inflation. You must be a democrat.

Why didn't Trumpy stop it?

Tell me what specific policies is causing runaway inflation.
Check the prices
Why didn't Trumpy stop it?

Tell me what specific policies is causing runaway inflation.
check the prices under Trump vs the prices under Biden-Harris. There has been no widespread price gouging under either administration. There has been widespread inflation under Biden - Harris.

More regulations, more taxes are going to increase costs for companies. Biden-Harris policies have done just that.

Can anyone on this board show how and why when a government increases regulations and/or taxes how that is NOT going to result in an increase in prices?

The food industry has their typical 1.6% or so profit margin, not a record.

Giant is losing money in DC due to theft. They should close those stores.
Where did you get your data because that’s WAY off.

Food Processing Profit Margins​

According to CSIMarket, the gross profit margin for the food processing industry was 31.99% in early 2024. That was above the total market average of 25.18%. Furthermore, the EBITDA margin for food processing was 20.49%, which was above the total market figure of 3.09%. Finally, the net profit margin in the food processing industry was 12.1%, far higher than its 2019 figure of 5.16%. It was once safe to say that profit margins in the food processing industry are generally lower than average.

No, but it would be your fault if you decided to sit on it instead of throwing it away.
Bad use of the analogy. By the time Biden took office, the fed had already dramatically expanded money supply, the government had already shoveled money into people’s bank accounts and demand had fallen off ready to bounce back.

Inflation has many causes and those who say it’s just because of Biden are low information partisan hacks.

Last edited:
Check the prices

check the prices under Trump vs the prices under Biden-Harris. There has been no widespread price gouging under either administration. There has been widespread inflation under Biden - Harris.

More regulations, more taxes are going to increase costs for companies. Biden-Harris policies have done just that.

Can anyone on this board show how and why when a government increases regulations and/or taxes how that is NOT going to result in an increase in prices?
Ok, so what specific policies caused it?

In most areas of the economy, "price gouging" is the mode of operation that all manufacturers/sellers strive for. Why do you think big corporations all have R&D departments? So that they can develop unique beneficial technology that they can either patent or keep as a trade secret, thus facilitating "gouging" of their customer base. When you have a couple of such unique products or services, you can maintain the less profitable lines to pay the overhead and remain viable. Without them, you are in trouble.

There are only a few segments of the economy where price gouging is manifestly harmful to the public, and one of them would appear to be pharmaceuticals, but politicians (who are business-retarded) should step very lightly in that area because in addition to those products where they are making a killing, they are developing products - at great cost - that will not be efficacious and the investment will ultimately be a complete waste. They have to have both winners and losers, so if you punish them for exploiting their winners, the harm to the business could be dramatic.

The price gouging that bothers me personally is Ticketmaster and similar organizations who have taken the former crime of "scalping," made it "respectable," and fuck the public nightly. But no one is forced to but a Taylor Swift ticket, eh?
Price gouging to me, is how the NFL can charge outrageous prices on tickets, parking, food and drinks at the stadium, while paying out outrageous salaries for people who, "The Love of the Game". Or how about Hollyweird and their ridiculous prices? No one seems to be complaining about that price gauging?

I said over a year ago, and who was president?
ididthat.jpg

It's pretty simple, except for democrats who seem unable to get the concept.

You have a money supply that you increase by 20%. What happens to the value of each dollar?
Considering they have been doing it for the past fifteen years and you try to blame one guy, biased much?

Forum List

Back