Explain this to me like I am 5 years old

View attachment 1002242

There's nothing in the Constitution that says you have the right to drive.

Imposing a tax on my right to bear arms though is a violation.

However we can compromise... How about a $5000 dollar fee for being able to exercise your right to vote? That'll pay for the voter ID required to vote, along with the: people, ballots, and counters required for you to exercise that right.

SMILE

:)

This says you are wrong

The National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934 and the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 heavily regulate certain weapons at the federal level. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) enforces these laws and refers to these weapons as "NFA firearms".

NFA firearms include:

• Machine guns: Fully-automatic firearms

• Short-barreled rifles: Rifles with a barrel under 16 inches

• Short-barreled shotguns: Shotguns with a barrel under 18 inches

• Firearm sound suppressors: Also known as silencers

• Destructive devices: Explosive ordnance and devices like bombs or grenades

• Any other weapon (AOW): Disguised or improvised firearms, and certain smooth-bore handguns

The NFA requires the registration of these weapons with the federal government and imposes an excise tax.

View attachment 1002242

There's nothing in the Constitution that says you have the right to drive.

Imposing a tax on my right to bear arms though is a violation.

However we can compromise... How about a $5000 dollar fee for being able to exercise your right to vote? That'll pay for the voter ID required to vote, along with the: people, ballots, and counters required for you to exercise that right.

SMILE

:)

Sorry Skippy
But if you want to carry a gun in public, I want you not to be a criminal, know how to use it, know how to handle and de-escalate a confrontation, stand your ground, be aware of other people
I would also like you to demonstrate shooting skill

Nothing in the Constitution says otherwise

Think what a “well regulated militia” needs to know

Maybe.

In Hendrick v. Maryland (1915), the appellant asked the Supreme Court to void Maryland's motor vehicle statute as a violation of the freedom of movement. The court found "no solid foundation" for the appellant's argument and unanimously held that "in the absence of national legislation covering the subject, a state may rightfully prescribe uniform regulations necessary for public safety and order..."

If you had such a right there would be no need for the HR 38 Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. A law that has yet to pass.

I just realize that I have not seen any postings from 2Aguy for quite a while. He would usually be all over this.

The SCOTUS stated, unequivocally, that we Americans have the right to carry a gun outside the home:
The Court has little difficulty concluding also that the plain text of the Second Amendment protects Koch’s and Nash’s proposed course of conduct—carrying handguns publicly for self-defense. Nothing in the Second Amendment’s text draws a home/public distinction with respect to the right to keep and bear arms, and the definition of “bear” naturally encompasses public carry. Moreover, the Second Amendment guarantees an “individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation,” id., at 592, and confrontation can surely take place outside the home.

Some states require a permit to carry a gun outside the home; most do not.
Most of the states which require a permit recognize the permits from other states as sufficient to legally carry a gun in that state.

A few states – CA, NY, HI – do NOT recognize out-of-state permits.
They do not allow open carry without a permit
They do not allow out-of-state residents to obtain a carry permit.
That is, there is no way for me, a resident oh Ohio, to legally carry a gun in CA NY HI.

How can it be that CA NY HI do not violate my right to carry a gun – and thus, violate the 2nd Amendment?
States rights. Also part of the Constitution.

You're welcome.

The SCOTUS stated, unequivocally, that we Americans have the right to carry a gun outside the home:
The Court has little difficulty concluding also that the plain text of the Second Amendment protects Koch’s and Nash’s proposed course of conduct—carrying handguns publicly for self-defense. Nothing in the Second Amendment’s text draws a home/public distinction with respect to the right to keep and bear arms, and the definition of “bear” naturally encompasses public carry. Moreover, the Second Amendment guarantees an “individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation,” id., at 592, and confrontation can surely take place outside the home.

Most of the states which require a permit recognize the permits from other states as sufficient to legally carry a gun in that state.

That is, there is no way for me, a resident oh Ohio, to legally carry a gun in CA NY HI.

How can it be that CA NY HI do not violate my right to carry a gun – and thus, violate the 2nd Amendment?
The constitution does grant the right to bare arms. But it also grants the states and legislature the power to make and enforce laws for the public safety. You can own and carry a gun if you meet requirements set by the states. There’s a process. Just like you need to register to vote… it’s a process

The constitution does grant the right to bare arms. But it also grants the states and legislature the power to make and enforce laws for the public safety. You can own and carry a gun if you meet requirements set by the states. There’s a process. Just like you need to register to vote… it’s a process
Exactly.

We have all the right to vote, but someone from Michigan can't vote in California.

Mkay...
What does this have to do with CA NY and HI violating my right to carry a gun?

California, New York and Hawaii are what we call “States”
States make their own rules
Good people follow rules

They have laws that govern the carrying of guns.
I have a right to carry a gun in all 50 states; said right is protected by the constitution.
These laws make it impossible for me to legally carry a gun in those states.
Thus, these laws violate my right to carry a gun, and thus, they violate the constitution.
Explain how I am wrong.

I support background check, ID and civics test for all voters

Forum List

Back