Do you talk about politics outside of this forum?

The candidates put forth by the other parties are better quality than what the duopoly offers. But the nation has become so divided that the thought for people like you to not vote for their chosen party is beyond thinking about. You will vote for whomever the GOP puts on their ballots.

They understand the reality of the situation in our country. Party loyalty is now the most important thing there is.
As I said, you aren't going to win by just being "none of the above" and you aren't going to win if you don't even try winning. And you aren't going to win if you don't put forth great candidates.

As I said, you aren't going to win by just being "none of the above" and you aren't going to win if you don't even try winning. And you aren't going to win if you don't put forth great candidates.

There is no chance of winning when people are putting party before country.

That is what is happening today.

Maybe one day it will change, but not till our generation dies off

Yep...

Live in Ireland, we talk about politics all the time... Everything from local, national (Ireland), EU, Britain, US and other countries.... It is in the culture to talk about politics regularly and have a good discussion/arguement, but not to get angry.

IMHO, It makes thinks far more healthy, to be able to discuss like adults about subjects. And don't worry, you be factchecked on the spot (phone out and google)...

Not talking about thinks regularly leads people to go down their rabbit hole too much. You can see it on this forum, X can't be wrong because I believe in X. Lost the ability to discuss reasonably.

To not be able to discuss reasonably would mean you are not taken seriously and your opinion would be politely ignored.

Another foreigner in here mouthing off about US politics.

Yet you only care about one side that supposedly puts 'party before country' (your opinion), which makes you a liar. In my opinion, if R candidates or even Trump went completely left and changed all of their policy positions, they would lose a great percentage of 'the right' at election time. I think D's could go full blown dictator and you'd still have a good majority of the leftie idiots supporting them. But your hatred of the right and Trump blinds you to having any kind of a non-biased opinion.

Do people talk about politics outside of a forum like this one?

Like in real life when you are with your friends or family.

We had dinner last night with 3 other couples at one of their houses and never once in 3 or so hours did anything to do with politics come up.

I golf with a very good friend whom I know supports Trump but we have never once talked about politics.

I cannot remember the last time I did outside of this forum.
Not really.

You type so nice when you want to. Perhaps it is just another ruse. The progressive Party is the dominant one. The movement of the nation is clear. The elites use men and women who may feel they were not given much in rights in the past. The thing is Progs are acting as the people they denigrate or blame for the past. Forgetting that they are Americans, and it is not one way. The behaviors are incredibly wild with Progs although all people are represented. There is no way a civilization can act as we do without money chutes funding it. And that does not last. Teh world government people have billions of others who need our rich resources. And we have many people here at home who need it also. The printing press has limits. And we suffered with inflation for party legislation the first two years of Joe. The printing press causes problems not just at home but also overseas. Trump is bending over backwards and opening up his run for office to all or mostly all. This is how screwed up the Communists are on the other side.

Do people talk about politics outside of a forum like this one?

Like in real life when you are with your friends or family.

We had dinner last night with 3 other couples at one of their houses and never once in 3 or so hours did anything to do with politics come up.

I golf with a very good friend whom I know supports Trump but we have never once talked about politics.

I cannot remember the last time I did outside of this forum.
I never bring it up but others try.

Again, a simple question that you cannot answer without outing yourself perhaps.
I see that your stubbornness is not allowing you to move on until I answer the simple question.

I could just answer, but I’m interested to know how long you’ll stick to that and when you’ll give it up.

No one believes YOU would ever look even an old woman in the eye in real life.
I get it…you fanny-packing, Docker / loafer wearing beta homos have to believe everyone must be a pussy like you.
You have admitted to being a coward many, many times.
Cowards are indoctrinating globalist bitches willing to follow the programming set-forth by the state.
My daughter refuses to steal taxpayer cash to ‘educate’ Mexico’s silver tooth filth.
Find your ballsack.
The tough guy thing really doesn't work for you.
Dude, you’re a fucking teacher. You have no business using the word tough.

And you aren't going to win by blaming the voters. If you want to win the onus is on YOU. Do you really want to spend the rest of your life blaming voters for voting for the duopoly and losing year after year or do you want to look in the mirror and do something about it and actually win? The only thing you accomplish is being a spoiler and getting a democrat elected instead of a republican or a republican instead of a democrat. I don't like either of the two main parties either so give me someone or some party to actually vote for instead of just telling me I should vote for "none of the above".

Two things discourage political discussion or argument in our culture. The first is that few people can have a disagreement and not take it personally. I personally never understood that I had a problem in this area until I went to law school, and was forced to argue my position with facts and logic, while my counterpart was doing the same. Name-calling was simply verboten, so you had to get with the program or spend your time a very unhappy human. So I got over it and now I can argue without taking it personally. Most people cannot.

Second is the Trump factor, which I blame 100% on the political Left. Political arguments today usually take the following form: MAGA's (like me) talk facts and policies and want to argue why those policies are wise and beneficial. Lefties want to talk about what a bad person Trump is, and say or imply that anyone who would vote for him is either stupid or evil...or both.

You cannot have a "debate" in that way. You either talk people or you talk policy; you can't have one side talking policy and the other side talking people.

images
Come on Zinc….do better.
You are fully demonstrating exactly what lefties do when confronted with face to face political dissent.
Republican is articulate in stating his positions and rabid leftist is just smart enough to know he/she can’t do the same so they either don’t engage or inject goofy comedy to avoid dissent.

Harpy Eagle I wonder why you’ve so responsive to posts in this thread yet you decided to pretend you didn’t see DGS49 ’s post?

Come on Zinc….do better.
You are fully demonstrating exactly what lefties do when confronted with face to face political dissent.
Republican is articulate in stating his positions and rabid leftist is just smart enough to know he/she can’t do the same so they either don’t engage or inject goofy comedy to avoid dissent.

Harpy Eagle I wonder why you’ve so responsive to posts in this thread yet you decided to pretend you didn’t see DGS49 ’s post?
I love to talk policy, but not on this board. when opponents presume stupidity or bad faith, no discussion can be had.

Well this thread is certainly interesting.
Outside of bars and with family do posters talk politics in real life?
We talk a good bit of politics at my offices but since I wouldn’t dare hire a leftist there’s really no opposing point of views.

@Harpy Eagle I wonder why you’ve so responsive to posts in this thread yet you decided to pretend you didn’t see @DGS49 ’s post?

Not really much to reply to, same old same old....

"my side does it right and the other side sucks".

Rather boring post over all.

Roe is gone. The abortion issue is in the hands of the voters in each state which is the best possible outcome.
Representation Is a Re-Presentation of Perpetual Elitist Tyranny

All issues should be in the hands of the voters, instead of this obsolete system that gives the power to the legislators and their special interests.

Forum List

Back