Explain this to me like I am 5 years old

I have a right to carry a gun in all 50 states; said right is protected by the constitution.
These laws make it impossible for me to legally carry a gun in those states.
Thus, these laws violate my right to carry a gun, and thus, they violate the constitution.
Explain how I am wrong.
Are you talking about carrying a gun or carrying a concealed gun?

So the rules for open and concealed carry are the same in every state?
You're trying to make this a lot more complicated than necessary.
I have a right to carry a gun in all 50 states, protected by the constitution.
Under the laws in CA NY and HI, I cannot legally carry a gun in those states.
How does this not violate my right to carry a gun? How does his not violate the constitution?

Last edited:
You're trying to make this a lot more complicated than necessary.
I have a right to carry a gun in all 50 states, protected by the constitution.
Under the laws in CA NY and HI, I cannot legally carry a gun in those states.
How does this not violate my right to carry a gun? How does his not violate the constitution?
You may not like the reality but that is your problem. I asked ChatGPT, do you have a right to carry a gun in all 50 states:

The right to carry a gun in all 50 states depends on federal, state, and local laws. While the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects the right to keep and bear arms, how this right is applied can vary significantly by state.​

Concealed Carry​

• Concealed Carry Permits: Most states issue concealed carry permits, but the requirements for obtaining one vary widely. Some states have "shall-issue" laws, meaning they must issue a permit if the applicant meets the basic requirements. Other states have "may-issue" laws, where authorities have more discretion in issuing permits.
  • Reciprocity: Some states recognize permits from other states, but this is not universal. You may be able to carry a gun in one state with a permit but not in another.

Open Carry​

• Open Carry: The legality of open carry (carrying a firearm in public view) also varies by state. Some states allow it without a permit, while others prohibit it or require a permit.

Constitutional Carry​

• Constitutional Carry: A growing number of states have adopted "constitutional carry" laws, which allow residents to carry firearms without a permit.

Federal Laws​

• Federal Law: Certain federal laws regulate the carrying of firearms, such as restrictions on carrying firearms in schools and federal buildings.

Key Points:​

• State Variations: Your right to carry a gun and the manner in which you can do so (open vs. concealed) vary by state.
  • Permits and Reciprocity: Carrying across state lines typically requires awareness of reciprocity agreements.
  • Legal Advice: It’s crucial to be aware of the specific laws in each state and consult legal advice if needed.
The internet has spoken.

You may not like the reality but that is your problem. I asked ChatGPT, do you have a right to carry a gun in all 50 states:
ChatGPT?
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Did you read the excerpt from the Bruen case in the OP?

The Court has little difficulty concluding also that the plain text of the Second Amendment protects Koch’s and Nash’s proposed course of conduct—carrying handguns publicly for self-defense.

The 2nd Amendment protects the right to carry a gun in public.
This right, and the protection afforded to it by the 2nd is not dependent on what state you are are in.
Thus:
-If a state denies you this right, it violates your right.
-If a state denies you this right, it violates the Constitution.

How am I wrong?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back