What do you pay for housing?

Climbed the ladder of real estate success
Bought my first house in 1977 for $$33,900 and sold it in 1991 for $167,000.
Bough 2nd for $259,000in 1991 and sold it in 2003 for $475,000. Am in 3/4 million one now with just $75,000 loan and $922 piti per month
Real estate is a savings account that you can live in. You need only commitment and responsibility which the complaining weepers cannot exhibit.

Last edited:
Maybe you can encourage him to work for a public school. Age 32 is not a “kid”! That’s a grown man. My dad had two kids by age 32.

Also, can’t your kid rent a room in a 4-bedroom house, with each person paying $1000 a month? Or certainly a 3-bedroom townhouse for the same money. Plenty of townhouses around for $3000!

I say there are options. As you can tell, I’m very opposed to grown adults in their 30s living with their parents. It’s infantalizing the “adults” and not doing them any favor.
So many of the feckless lib loons we have here got that way by staying with mommy and daddy Way Past the developmental time to do so. They are a large part of the feminine but non gay males we have now under 40.

Maybe you can encourage him to work for a public school. Age 32 is not a “kid”! That’s a grown man. My dad had two kids by age 32.

Also, can’t your kid rent a room in a 4-bedroom house, with each person paying $1000 a month? Or certainly a 3-bedroom townhouse for the same money. Plenty of townhouses around for $3000!

I say there are options. As you can tell, I’m very opposed to grown adults in their 30s living with their parents. It’s infantalizing the “adults” and not doing them any favor.
My dad, my wife and I worked in the public schools here for a collective 68 years. No way my kid works in that cesspool. He’s fully aware of his situation and is not soaking off of us. Many of his professional friends are in the same boat and they have standards. The problem is the unnecessarily exorbitant cost of housing.

My dad, my wife and I worked in the public schools here for a collective 68 years. No way my kid works in that cesspool. He’s fully aware of his situation and is not soaking off of us. Many of his professional friends are in the same boat and they have standards. The problem is the unnecessarily exorbitant cost of housing.
The problem is lack of maturity and motivation. Look inside and stop blaming the outside

So you’re saying that he and two or three of his friends can’t rent a house or townhouse, and share a room?

My dad rented a room in someone’s basement at age 23. Young people have to do that type of stuff.

You’re enabling his dependence. JMHO. I know back when I was dating, a man still living with his parents when he was in his 30s, and 10 years out of college, was a red flag.

Climbed the ladder of real estate success
Bough 2nd for $259,000in 1991 and sold it in 2003 for $475,000. Am in 3/4 million one now with just $75,000 loan and $922 piti per month
Real estate is a savings account that you can live in. You need only commitment and responsibility which the complaining weepers cannot exhibit.
But real estate remains relative. Your profit is countered by the cost.
Best bet is to invest in something old and hope the area becomes gentrified. My sister and her husband bought at 14th and U NW while it was still drugs and prostitution. They eventually traded it for Foggy Bottom.

Also, what do you mean by “he has standards”? He won’t lower himself to share a dumpy apartment? That’s all I could afford when I was in my 20s, and I came from an affluent home. Believe me when I tell you it was a big step down, but it wasn’t for forever.

Also, what do you mean by “he has standards”? He won’t lower himself to share a dumpy apartment? That’s all I could afford when I was in my 20s, and I came from an affluent home. Believe me when I tell you it was a big step down, but it wasn’t for forever.
We didn’t bring him into this world to have to do that. He’s very aware of his circumstance.

So you’re saying that he and two or three of his friends can’t rent a house or townhouse, and share a room?

My dad rented a room in someone’s basement at age 23. Young people have to do that type of stuff.

You’re enabling his dependence. JMHO. I know back when I was dating, a man still living with his parents when he was in his 30s, and 10 years out of college, was a red flag.
Back then it was known as working your way up. Now they think it’s “fairer” to be given and provided for.

Let a generation die off and everything becomes normal.
Estimated 15 million empty homes when boomers die. No one to fill them. All my kids except my youngest own homes. I am putting a barndiminium on the back of my property for her. Well and septic already in. Putting gravel drive right now. Barn goes up mid Sept. I will finish interior myself over winter.

But real estate remains relative. Your profit is countered by the cost.
Best bet is to invest in something old and hope the area becomes gentrified. My sister and her husband bought at 14th and U NW while it was still drugs and prostitution. They eventually traded it for Foggy Bottom.
Real estate for 50 years has been a big money maker. “Relative” is yet another dismissive excuse maker that fails

Mooching standards. Champagne tastes with beer pocketbook so does nothing

It’s been a sound investment as the capital remains fungible. But the value is almost always relative.
You never took the initiative therefore did not reap a reward and are bitter
Once again lib loons blabbering on about something they know nithing about and have no experience with.

My property taxes are now more than my P&I.
Needs more Context.

That's 5 times value.
Were the RWers complaining then, or just NOW?

Newsflash, Historically Real Estate Rises in VALUE over Time.
This is not new, but it is a NEW anti-bidet talking point.

How else can they tax you 40% on the increase in the APPRAISED value ( money you didn't get, and may never see)?

Trump list this as one of his major accomplishments...if it were good then, it should be a good now

• Home prices hit an all-time record high.

Needs more Context.

That's 5 times value.
Were the RWers complaining then, or just NOW?

Newsflash, Historically Real Estate Rises in VALUE over Time.
This is not new, but it is a NEW anti-bidet talking point.
DC area does great but you gotta compete and get in there and not expect an instant palace or stay with mommy and daddy if not until you are 40.
Partly how half of Americans got so soft, constant coddling of feelings

Forum List

Back