What do you pay for housing?

You didn’t have to concern yourself with drive-by shootings. We are aware of the dangers that exist here that didn’t exist in our time. My first 28 years here in Maryland, I endured one crime. In the ensuing 27 years, we’ve endured 10. Our schools were among the best in the state with the one I attended scoring among the best in the country. Now they’re second worst in the state and have been for decades. It isn’t the same world around here that it used to be. Different standards.
So he stays a private school teacher, and rents a townhouse with some other private school teachers. What about weekends? If money is that tight, maybe he can pick up a few hours at a tutoring place. Around me, they pay $30 an hour.

Not an opinion
Stone cold fact
Coddling because the 32 year old “boy” can’t start off at the top of the housing chain
He also called him “a kid.”

One place you’re wrong, though - that poster is a Republican.

Yup. I remember when I first got out of college, my friends and I joked that we went from affluent daughters of the upper-middle class to poor schlubs who couldn’t even afford the unlimited phone option!

But I guess times were different. Parents expected their college-educated children to figure out a way to support themselves, even if it meant a big drop in living standards (at least at the start).
You don’t start off at the top like the feelers are suggesting

People from across the country and the political divide pretty much all said that they are paying much more for housing under Biden compared to what it was under Trump. One lady from San Diego county said that under Trump a house in her area was around $400,000. Those same houses are going for 900,000 under Biden.

Kamala Harris' "solution" to this problem is to give people money to help make a downpayment.

I don't have to explain to you how that's going to work out. Suffice it to say, as someone who sells 1-2 houses per year, I'm looking forward to raising my asking price.

That was the topic of C-SPAN this morning. It’s the most important topic in the country. Nobody can deny that’s the cost of living. That is what defines the American dream.

People from across the country and the political divide pretty much all said that they are paying much more for housing under Biden compared to what it was under Trump. One lady from San Diego county said that under Trump a house in her area was around $400,000. Those same houses are going for 900,000 under Biden.

In response we have seen some Democrats laugh about this issue, mock working-class people ….brag about owning a home for decades. Obviously these issues of today don’t really affect them, but they are affecting millions and millions of Americans.

Another issue brought up would be private investment firms buying up homes all over the country. This has gotten out of control and is contributing to the rise in prices. We already had the unnecessary lockdowns due to a overreaction to Covid , which came along with unnecessary stimulus payments….which contributed to a high inflation rate….but private investment firms buying up homes is something that needs to be countered if not banned.

The private investment firms are buying up homes and then jacking up the rent way beyond the true value of the home.

We have also seen a rise and the popularity of “tiny homes”. Houses that are 300 or 400 ft.². That’s not really America. That sounds like communism or something really ugly. We don’t need that in this country.

$200-$300/sq foot to buy. $1.67/SQFT to rent a home. $1.67/SQFT for property taxes. $1/SQ FT for Insurance? maybe $0.11/SQ FT for utilities.

Maybe a bit less to rent an APT on the third floor? No taxes or INS to pay....it is included.

Achievement is working into better situations
This destroys the achievement motivation
Achievement is subjective. I’ve never made much money but I’ve done things and accomplished things in my life that many others are jealous of. Not that that has been my objective. It’s not. But in retrospect, I know most who wish they had been in my shoes. And I’m grateful.

Achievement is subjective. I’ve never made much money but I’ve done things and accomplished things in my life that many others are jealous of. Not that that has been my objective. It’s not. But in retrospect, I know most who wish they had been in my shoes. And I’m grateful.
Nonsense noted and disregarded.
Our daughter has more balls than a 35 year old “guy” still living at home

One can always tell they have raised doubts when the referenced party continually tries to reassert the merits of the poor choices and behavior

Forum List

Back