🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bismark Tribune: "Trump's deportation idea similar to 1930s mass removals"

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
There is a lot of information at this link, stuff I did not know:

Trump's deportation idea similar to 1930s mass removals

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's call for mass deportation of millions of immigrants living in the U.S. illegally, as well as their American-born children, bears similarities to a large-scale removal that many Mexican-American families faced 85 years ago.

During the Great Depression, counties and cities in the American Southwest and Midwest forced Mexican immigrants and their families to leave the U.S. over concerns they were taking jobs away from whites despite their legal right to stay.

The result: Around 500,000 to 1 million Mexican immigrants and Mexican Americans were pushed out of the country during the 1930s repatriation, as the removal is sometimes called.

During that time, immigrants were rounded up and sent to Mexico, sometimes in public places and often without formal proceedings. Others, scared under the threat of violence, left voluntarily.

About 60 percent of those who left were American citizens, according to various studies on the 1930s repatriation. Later testimonies show families lost most of their possessions and some family members died trying to return. Neighborhoods in cities such as Houston, San Antonio and Los Angeles became empty.

There is more at the link, you should read it all.

Now, there are differences here: the 1930s "repatriations" were of legal US citizens. What Trump is proposing is aimed at illegal immigrants. But the tenor of this stuff sounds very, very familiar to me.

I just don't see how the GOP can even get 20% of the Latino vote in 2016 if it keeps this stuff up.

Soon, a plethora of Latino polling will be coming out and I suspect that the results are going to look very, very grim for the GOP, and not just for Donald Trump in particular.

Discuss. Are you aware of the 1930s repatriations?

Whatever it takes to get them out of here. I hope Trump is successful in his efforts. He gets my vote. Hell, we can't even take care of American citizens, let alone millions of illegals. We don't have the resources, jobs, nor infrastructure.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's call for mass deportation of millions of immigrants living in the U.S. illegally, as well as their American-born children, bears similarities to a large-scale removal that many Mexican-American families faced 85 years ago.

During the Great Depression, counties and cities in the American Southwest and Midwest forced Mexican immigrants and their families to leave the U.S. over concerns they were taking jobs away from whites despite their legal right to stay.

The result: Around 500,000 to 1 million Mexican immigrants and Mexican Americans were pushed out of the country during the 1930s repatriation, as the removal is sometimes called.

During that time, immigrants were rounded up and sent to Mexico, sometimes in public places and often without formal proceedings. Others, scared under the threat of violence, left voluntarily.

About 60 percent of those who left were American citizens, according to various studies on the 1930s repatriation. Later testimonies show families lost most of their possessions and some family members died trying to return. Neighborhoods in cities such as Houston, San Antonio and Los Angeles became empty.

Now, there are differences here: the 1930s "repatriations" were of legal US citizens. What Trump is proposing is aimed at illegal immigrants. But the tenor of this stuff sounds very, very familiar to me.

I just don't see how the GOP can even get 20% of the Latino vote in 2016 if it keeps this stuff up.

Soon, a plethora of Latino polling will be coming out and I suspect that the results are going to look very, very grim for the GOP, and not just for Donald Trump in particular.

Americans never learn, and have to blame others for their lot in life.

Americans are victims of their own doing. Americans played the game, and ended up on the losing team. When you allow others to dictate the rules, there's no way you can win.

Americans are victims of their own doing. Americans played the game, and ended up on the losing team. When you allow others to dictate the rules, there's no way you can win.
Stats is quoting the wrong part of history to make his point. LEGAL history set forth by the Supreme Court says what Trump wants to do IS legal.
The Right Of Exclusion Law | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Stats is quoting the wrong part of history to make his point. LEGAL history set forth by the Supreme Court says what Trump wants to do IS legal.

We don't have the right to exlude legal citizens of the USA.

For this reason, I made a specific distinction in the OP. Let's see if you are smart enough to find it...

So. Here's an idea, illegals get the hell out of our country!
Stats does NOT want to tell you the truth. Mass deportation IS legal AND has been held up by the Supreme Court.

I never said it was illegal.

Of course, it depends on whom you are deporting..

Learn to read, baby huey.
So. Here's an idea, illegals get the hell out of our country!
Stats does NOT want to tell you the truth. Mass deportation IS legal AND has been held up by the Supreme Court.

I never said it was illegal.

Of course, it depends on whom you are deporting..

Learn to read, baby huey.
Learn to quote the proper case law Uncle Ruckus.

For this reason, I made a specific distinction in the OP. Let's see if you are smart enough to find it...
The exclusion I quote DOES give a country the RIGHT to deny citizenship to anchor babies.

And, I didn't say anything about "Legal" U.S. citizens. See if you're smart enough to detect that.

We do not have to allow any immigration.
True, however in a nation built by immigrants that's not a winning play...

That is a silly response. You cannot possibly make a credible argument that our prosperity and future depend on packing our nation with millions of fucking beaners. It is not like Mexico has a thriving economy, save for the drug trade. Thus, unless our future as a nation is to be founded upon Mexican restaurants and landscaping, I doubt that these swarthy little peckers have much to offer us.

Mexico's current invasion is similar to the suggestion made by the Germans in 1917 which was the precipitating event that got the USA to enter WWI

"Now, there are differences here: the 1930s "repatriations" were of legal US citizens. What Trump is proposing is aimed at illegal immigrants. But the tenor of this stuff sounds very, very familiar to me."

Seeking to deny US citizenship to American citizen children born in the United States, the children of undocumented parents, is just as reprehensible as seeking to 'deport' US citizens.

Forum List

Back