Bull Ring @Bluzman61 Let's talk Sports.

Davey Johnson
Braves
You nailed it! Sort of. Johnson DID hit 43 home runs one year, but for some reason he's isn't given credit for most home runs in a season by a second baseman. I'm guessing he probably hit some of those homers playing another position. The two listed I found were Rogers Hornsby and Brian Dozier, both with 42 homers in a season as a second baseman. And one of the sites lists Dozier as hitting only 40 homers at the position. But I'm going to give you credit for a correct answer on this one because I thought of Johnson, as well. Nice deduction! Do you have a question for me?

Davey Johnson
Braves
You nailed it! Sort of. Johnson DID hit 43 home runs one year, but for some reason he's isn't given credit for most home runs in a season by a second baseman. I'm guessing he probably hit some of those homers playing another position. The two listed I found were Rogers Hornsby and Brian Dozier, both with 42 homers in a season as a second baseman. And one of the sites lists Dozier as hitting only 40 homers at the position. But I'm going to give you credit for a correct answer on this one because I thought of Johnson, as well. Nice deduction! Do you have a question for me?
Well, I have another question for you, my friend, when you return here. Which player holds the all-time record for most home runs in a season by a catcher?

Davey Johnson
Braves
Well, I have another question for you, my friend, when you return here. Which player holds the all-time record for most home runs in a season by a catcher?
Just jump right back in, my friend. TONIGHT would be nice........

Davey Johnson
Braves
Yo, my man, Winco, I hope you're doing well. I was away from home today for almost 6 and a half hours. I FINALLY got a haircut again at my local Great Clips. It's a good thing my sister has been ordering masks for me because you HAVE to wear one while you're in the salon. And you're not allowed to wait IN the salon for your turn. I was told I'd have about a half hour wait because I requested the woman who's cut my hair for probably 4 years or so now. I ended up waiting almost an hour. But it was worth it. She knows exactly how I want my hair cut, and we always have plenty to talk about. And I like the way she cuts my hair. After this I went to my local Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, beer, and some trivia playing. I was there almost 3 hours and it was very enjoyable. Then I had to go to a local grocery store and to a local Walgreen's. THEN I had to unwind after I got home, and fed our cats their late night treat. Which was tuna tonight. So I'm finally back here. I'll probably be up for the next few hours or so, feel free to join me here if you'd like.

I'm pretty sure YOU probably had to look this up before posing the question.

I deserve more respect than that, c'mon. Sorry for the delay, I had to go to work. Just got home, thank you.

Your answer is correct in most cases.
There are times where a runner can be hit with a live fair ball that wasn't touched or deflected by a defender, and then the umpire would give the safe signal meaning the ball is still live, not dead.
This would happen if the infielders were playing in, and the batted ball hits the runner AFTER it has clearly passed the infielder and the infielder clearly has no play on the ball. In this case, the umpire would have to give the safe signal to signify that the ball is still live and play continues.
Is there Pete Rose diving, or no?

I deserve more respect than that, c'mon. Sorry for the delay, I had to go to work. Just got home, thank you.

There are times where a runner can be hit with a live fair ball that wasn't touched or deflected by a defender, and then the umpire would give the safe signal meaning the ball is still live, not dead.
This would happen if the infielders were playing in, and the batted ball hits the runner AFTER it has clearly passed the infielder and the infielder clearly has no play on the ball. In this case, the umpire would have to give the safe signal to signify that the ball is still live and play continues.
POSSIBLY, Duke! How YOU doin' this evening? I'm doing pretty well myself. I'm winding down from a busy, but productive afternoon and evening. Pete Rose's BIGGEST rush to the plate was probably in the 1971 All-Star game. I BELIEVE that was the year when he went barreling into home plate and knocked catcher Ray Fosse for a loop. Ray dropped the ball after Rose hit him like a football player, right into one of Ray's shoulders. Ray dropped the ball, and Rose scored the winning run. Unfortunately this play REALLY fucked up Fosse's shoulder and he was never the same after this play. And this REALLY sucks because he was a fine catcher and a very good hitting catcher. After all these years I'm STILL pissed at Rose for doing this. He WAS a great competitor, but this was an All-Star game. He never should've slammed into Fosse like he did, and pretty much contributed to Ray never being the same player after this. He retired VERY young, and it was a shame he never got to reach his potential. Having posted all of this, I STILL admire Rose and the tenacity and toughness he showed as a player. He just should've never derailed Fosse's career with this play.

POSSIBLY, Duke! How YOU doin' this evening? I'm doing pretty well myself. I'm winding down from a busy, but productive afternoon and evening. Pete Rose's BIGGEST rush to the plate was probably in the 1971 All-Star game. I BELIEVE that was the year when he went barreling into home plate and knocked catcher Ray Fosse for a loop. Ray dropped the ball after Rose hit him like a football player, right into one of Ray's shoulders. Ray dropped the ball, and Rose scored the winning run. Unfortunately this play REALLY fucked up Fosse's shoulder and he was never the same after this play. And this REALLY sucks because he was a fine catcher and a very good hitting catcher. After all these years I'm STILL pissed at Rose for doing this. He WAS a great competitor, but this was an All-Star game. He never should've slammed into Fosse like he did, and pretty much contributed to Ray never being the same player after this. He retired VERY young, and it was a shame he never got to reach his potential. Having posted all of this, I STILL admire Rose and the tenacity and toughness he showed as a player. He just should've never derailed Fosse's career with this play.
That wasn't the only dive he did, dude.

That wasn't the only dive he did, dude.
Yep, unfortunately true. He never should've bet on baseball while he was still a player and still managing. He NEVER bet on his own team, but I'm sure he KNEW that wasn't allowed. I STILL think he SHOULD be in the Hall of Fame, but most likely never WILL be because of the betting. I wonder how many others got away with this over the years.

Davey Johnson
Braves
Yo, my man, Winco, I hope you're doing well. I was away from home today for almost 6 and a half hours. I FINALLY got a haircut again at my local Great Clips. It's a good thing my sister has been ordering masks for me because you HAVE to wear one while you're in the salon. And you're not allowed to wait IN the salon for your turn. I was told I'd have about a half hour wait because I requested the woman who's cut my hair for probably 4 years or so now. I ended up waiting almost an hour. But it was worth it. She knows exactly how I want my hair cut, and we always have plenty to talk about. And I like the way she cuts my hair. After this I went to my local Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, beer, and some trivia playing. I was there almost 3 hours and it was very enjoyable. Then I had to go to a local grocery store and to a local Walgreen's. THEN I had to unwind after I got home, and fed our cats their late night treat. Which was tuna tonight. So I'm finally back here. I'll probably be up for the next few hours or so, feel free to join me here if you'd like.
Hey, Winco, my friend, WHERE THE FUCK are you? You've been posting CRAP on another thread, come on back to THIS one. Thanks!

You said you had done much research on Michelle Obama, or Big Mike' as you like to claim.
Go back to that thread and provide that research that proves your claim.
Until then, you get no more responses.

So you are 'kicking my ass'?
I haven't seen any proof of that either.

You said you had done much research on Michelle Obama, or Big Mike' as you like to claim.

So you are 'kicking my ass'?
I haven't seen any proof of that either.
Well, I've CORRECTLY answered nearly every question you've asked. YOUR track record on this thread isn't quite as good. Anyway, sorry for giving you shit on the other thread, but you DID deserve it. So, who would you say holds the record for most home runs in a season by a catcher?

You really ARE a weak little child! So sad to see. I've posted NUMEROUS times before that the linkage system on this older model Dell computer doesn't work for shit. I WILL look up the Obama's doctor that said that HE saw Big Mike's male genitalia clear as day. I'll find out his name. And if THAT isn't good enough for you, then you can very kindly go fuck yourself. I'll be back here in a little bit. I have to brew some coffee and have a meal first.

You really ARE a weak little child! So sad to see. I've posted NUMEROUS times before that the linkage system on this older model Dell computer doesn't work for shit. I WILL look up the Obama's doctor that said that HE saw Big Mike's male genitalia clear as day. I'll find out his name. And if THAT isn't good enough for you, then you can very kindly go fuck yourself. I'll be back here in a little bit. I have to brew some coffee and have a meal first.
Well, my dear friend, I searched high and low for info about this doctor. It seems ALL information about him has vanished. I DO recall reading that after he made it public that he saw Big Mike's "equipment", he DID completely disappear, with NO info on his whereabouts. I'll try one MORE search and let you know if I find anything. In the meantime it would be nice if you answered my question about the catcher who hit the most home runs in a season. Thanks!

Well, my dear friend, I searched high and low for info about this doctor. It seems ALL information about him has vanished. I DO recall reading that after he made it public that he saw Big Mike's "equipment", he DID completely disappear, with NO info on his whereabouts. I'll try one MORE search and let you know if I find anything. In the meantime it would be nice if you answered my question about the catcher who hit the most home runs in a season. Thanks!
There is absolutely NO info on the Obamas' doctor prior to when Barry became president. As I posted earlier, the doctor DISAPPEARED after publicly announcing he had seen Big Mike's male genitalia. There was no mention of what happened to him or his whereabouts after he divulged the news about Big Mike's obvious BULGE. VERY strange, to say the least. I TRIED to find info on this doctor, but to no avail. So, there you have it. If this isn't good enough for you, too bad. I HAVE rather enjoyed our sports talk.

I TRIED to find info on this doctor, but to no avail. So, there you have it. If this isn't good enough for you, too bad.

So one quack Dr, who has disappeared, is high on your truth meter.
Figures.
What about the baby/young girl pictures of Michelle?
What about the two children?
You have nothing, and it is truly sad.

I TRIED to find info on this doctor, but to no avail. So, there you have it. If this isn't good enough for you, too bad.

Figures.
Let's just FORGET our talk about Big Mike. Let's get back to baseball! So, which catcher holds the record for most single season home runs?

Figures.
Let's just FORGET our talk about Big Mike. Let's get back to baseball! So, which catcher holds the record for most single season home runs?
Well, Winco, are you CHICKEN to come back to this thread? It's sure looking like it.

Forum List

Back