Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
What a terrible way to have to live.

'Bombs alone will not beat Isil, people will suffer more'
Mary Fitzgerald

PUBLISHED05/12/2015 | 02:30
2015-12-05_wor_15152617_I1.JPG
A stranded migrant holding a baby shouts next to a Greek police cordon following scuffles at the Greek-Macedonian border, near the village of Idomeni, Greece.
As British MPs deliberated this week on whether to extend the British aerial bombing campaign against Isil from Iraq to Syria, I thought of the people from Raqqa who had shared with me their stories of the militants' takeover of their city. Isil has controlled the northeastern Syrian city for almost two years, declaring it the capital of their so-called caliphate that now stretches across swathes of Syria and Iraq.
Before Isil arrived, residents liked to say that theirs was the "first liberated city" in Syria, a bastion of anti-Assad sentiment. But Isil soon started to infiltrate, taking on more mainstream opposition forces in the city and targeting them with bombings, kidnappings and executions. The campaign of fear worked.

By early 2014, Isil controlled the city. They carried out public crucifixions and beheadings while imposing draconian social codes. Their black flag flew from major municipal buildings. Foreign fighters flocked to Raqqa to join Isil in its self-declared capital.

I was in contact with a number of Raqqa's residents as the city fell under Isil's sway. The group was holding several foreigners and Syrians hostage there, including colleagues of mine such as Nicolas Henin, a French journalist who, along with three compatriots, was released after 10 months in captivity. Other fellow hostages, including journalists James Foley and Steven Sotloff and aid workers David Haines and Alan Henning, were killed by Isil.

As part of efforts to glean information on our kidnapped colleagues, a number of us journalists reached out to contacts in Raqqa. The stories I heard painted a terrifying picture. Stories of black-clad militants, many of them barely out of their teens, who swaggered around threatening locals. Stories of headless bodies left on public squares as a reminder of what would happen to anyone who dared defy them. "The Raqqa we knew is lost," one resident told me in early 2014. "We are living a nightmare. Fear follows us everywhere."

Continue reading at:

'Bombs alone will not beat Isil, people will suffer more' - Independent.ie?

The far left has made sure that the US will have to send in more troops and this time it will be more bloodier than anything we saw in 2003..

The far left has made sure that the US will have to send in more troops and this time it will be more bloodier than anything we saw in 2003..

Yes, it will be bloddy, Kosh. However, since ISIS wants to take over the world, the world's armies should each send in ground groups if this is what it takes to defeat ISIS. It should not be left up to a few countries to send in ground troops.

Yes, it will be bloddy, Kosh. However, since ISIS wants to take over the world, the world's armies should each send in ground groups if this is what it takes to defeat ISIS. It should not be left up to a few countries to send in ground troops.

It is enviable now that ground troops will be needed to stop this group. Most of the far left nations will not use their own troops they will look once again to the US to sacrifice our own for the greater good..

Regardless of who wins the 2016 elections, ground troops will be used in an even bloodier and more costly war with ISIS..

What a terrible way to have to live.

'Bombs alone will not beat Isil, people will suffer more'
Mary Fitzgerald

PUBLISHED05/12/2015 | 02:30
2015-12-05_wor_15152617_I1.JPG
A stranded migrant holding a baby shouts next to a Greek police cordon following scuffles at the Greek-Macedonian border, near the village of Idomeni, Greece.
As British MPs deliberated this week on whether to extend the British aerial bombing campaign against Isil from Iraq to Syria, I thought of the people from Raqqa who had shared with me their stories of the militants' takeover of their city. Isil has controlled the northeastern Syrian city for almost two years, declaring it the capital of their so-called caliphate that now stretches across swathes of Syria and Iraq.
Before Isil arrived, residents liked to say that theirs was the "first liberated city" in Syria, a bastion of anti-Assad sentiment. But Isil soon started to infiltrate, taking on more mainstream opposition forces in the city and targeting them with bombings, kidnappings and executions. The campaign of fear worked.

By early 2014, Isil controlled the city. They carried out public crucifixions and beheadings while imposing draconian social codes. Their black flag flew from major municipal buildings. Foreign fighters flocked to Raqqa to join Isil in its self-declared capital.

I was in contact with a number of Raqqa's residents as the city fell under Isil's sway. The group was holding several foreigners and Syrians hostage there, including colleagues of mine such as Nicolas Henin, a French journalist who, along with three compatriots, was released after 10 months in captivity. Other fellow hostages, including journalists James Foley and Steven Sotloff and aid workers David Haines and Alan Henning, were killed by Isil.

As part of efforts to glean information on our kidnapped colleagues, a number of us journalists reached out to contacts in Raqqa. The stories I heard painted a terrifying picture. Stories of black-clad militants, many of them barely out of their teens, who swaggered around threatening locals. Stories of headless bodies left on public squares as a reminder of what would happen to anyone who dared defy them. "The Raqqa we knew is lost," one resident told me in early 2014. "We are living a nightmare. Fear follows us everywhere."

Continue reading at:

'Bombs alone will not beat Isil, people will suffer more' - Independent.ie?
That is the choice they have made. If you live by the sword you'll die by the sword. Whatsoever a man sows that shall he reap. How many of these people did these things or funded these things to happen to Christians, Jews and non-Muslims? God is very accurate in what he says will happen to those who harm others. It is going to come back on them. And you're looking at it right here. God says he counts it a righteous thing to bring tribulation on the one who troubles his children. (not exact words) What? Do they think God doesn't mean what His Word says? Of course He does. To even speak a curse against a Jew or Christian is an open invitation to end up in great tribulation / affliction and they don't get to choose whose hands it comes by - that it is ISIS - an Islamic group? Is ironic to say the least.

Forum List

Back