Boomers Left Us Nothing

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Boomers left us NOTHING

Guy pontificating that the boomer generation benefitted from the greatest generation ever and instead of helping out the next generation they are keeping it for themselves.

Spending 90K on a kitchen remodel instead of leaving the house to the kids
Taking out reverse mortgages and destroying the equity in the house instead of leaving it to the kids.

I'm sure this will spark a calm, rational debate void of emotional outbursts and temper tantrums. ;)

Me? I hope the last check I write bounces. ;)

What's different from the year dot , sucker?

A whiner and bleater who has learned nothing and so far warrants every bit of bad luck coming his way .

Tell him to read Job and see if that helps him wear his trousers properly .

Boomers left us NOTHING

Guy pontificating that the boomer generation benefitted from the greatest generation ever and instead of helping out the next generation they are keeping it for themselves.

Taking out reverse mortgages and destroying the equity in the house instead of leaving it to the kids.

I'm sure this will spark a calm, rational debate void of emotional outbursts and temper tantrums. ;)

No doubt you have a point! But you're criticizing the 'American way' and that won't gain you much sympathy.

All I can offer is to advise you to have a look at how China takes the danger and the sting out of greedy capitalism.

No doubt you have a point! But you're criticizing the 'American way' and that won't gain you much sympathy.

All I can offer is to advise you to have a look at how China takes the danger and the sting out of greedy capitalism.

He just needs some cheese to go with that entitled whine. ;)

The Boomer generation is the first to be attacked by the most expansive program of easy credit in history. It was, and still is, very destructive to the average person and the nation.

I'm a boomer. I'm leaving everything to my kids.

In fact, I am sure they will have to fight it out to see who has to take my sweet but totally unruly Great Pyrenees.

The Boomer generation is the first to be attacked by the most expansive program of easy credit in history. It was, and still is, very destructive to the average person and the nation.
LOL....Boomer here.....I remember when I could not even qualify for a credit card and you got all dressed-up to go to the bank for any kind of a loan.

I believe "easy credit" did not hit till the late 80s or so.

For most, it is a truism that their own children will likely not live as lavish a life, as their parents, or grandparents...

Material inheritance has minimal impact on most people's lives, and complaints by prospective beneficiaries smacks more of petty greed than principled argument.

One of the biggest complaints I hear about "boomers" is from the younger folks ekeing it out in the corporate world. To hear them tell it; "these fuckers don't just make their money, retire, and give their juniors a chance for advancement." "They just camp on their position, and would rather be found dead at their desk; than retire, and give the younger folks a shot at moving up". And I've seen a bit of that to be honest...

Last edited:
I'm a boomer. I'm leaving everything to my kids.

In fact, I am sure they will have to fight it out to see who has to take my sweet but totally unruly Great Pyrenees.
I've had so much fun saving my 'nest egg' that I've spent little of it on myself (hate to leave all of it to my kids). :(

Boomers left us NOTHING

Legacy Leeches

Let the kids buy their own houses like everybody else.

One of the biggest complaints I hear about "boomers" is from the younger folks ekeing it out in the corporate world. To hear them tell it; "these fuckers don't just make their money, retire, and give their juniors a chance for advancement." "They just camp on their position, and would rather be found dead at their desk; than retire, and give the younger folks a shot at moving up". And I've seen a bit of that to be honest...
I applaud companies that allow workers to remain after traditional retirement age. My own included. I'm 82 and still working. :)

Me shoveling snow.
OIP.8kPCVbcw3J0SWoOkWWue3wHaFj

It’s almost as if the entire purpose of the human experiment here on earth was to make sure that the generation known as “The Boomers “ had the best of everything.

It’s almost as if the entire purpose of the human experiment here on earth was to make sure that the generation known as “The Boomers “ had the best of everything.
Generationally their offspring are failing at a genetic level.

Forum List

Back