Boycott Amazon

Aren't most careers? Many spend most of their lives at work unless it is "just a job".

And all have forgotten that nobody has to work for Amazon if they don't want to.

That is true enough at the top but may not be true the lower down the pay scale that you go.

Why would that make a difference?
Availability of jobs in any of the locations with that type of "skill set" or the lack there of.

I'd have to blame that on the uneducated employee.

I disagree.

That doesn't mean that corps have the right to take advantage of people. People will do whatever is necessary to keep money flowing in order to survive. So, if you live in an area where warehouses have shut down or the business has closed and you are left with one warehouse then it is eat crap until you physically break down and you lose everything anyway.

Because you can screw people doesn't mean that you should.

So because Seattle is destroying business with high min wage and high taxes it's somehow Amazons fault?

That is true enough at the top but may not be true the lower down the pay scale that you go.

Availability of jobs in any of the locations with that type of "skill set" or the lack there of.

I disagree.

That doesn't mean that corps have the right to take advantage of people. People will do whatever is necessary to keep money flowing in order to survive. So, if you live in an area where warehouses have shut down or the business has closed and you are left with one warehouse then it is eat crap until you physically break down and you lose everything anyway.

So because Seattle is destroying business with high min wage and high taxes it's somehow Amazons fault?
How many fulfillment centers does Amazon have in the US - Business Insider

I disagree.

So we have complaints from PA and Washington.
What about all the other distribution centers?
Want to bet the one in Houston gets a whole lot hotter in the summer?
I class these people in the whiner group,just like the $15 buck min wage bums.
They dont like where they work they're free to go elsewhere.

The article you cite is from almost five years ago – are conditions the same now?

The NYT aritcle is in today's edition, it merely referred to the warehouse situation as an aside.

No politician has 'authorized' the country being 'flooded' with 'illegal workers.'

All I have to say there is dude, do not even fucking get me started.... That is EXACTLY what the democratic party has pushed for, for DECADES.

Immigrants employed per H1-B are not working in warehouses for $12 an hour.

Who said they were? They are taking upper middle class americans' jobs paying alot more, which is worse.

And there's no reference in the cited article to immigrants,' illegal' or otherwise.

It is a big part of the reason americans are even considering working at shitholes like amazon, because they do not have a choice because illegals have taken so many of the other jobs at that economic level.

We've been having record high temperatures here, pretty much the whole summer. If there are no other jobs and it isn't your calling you do what our parents and their parents did. You fucking move or start your own business. You don't demand the appropriate job come to you.

People have a choice as to where they work.
They dont like it,they can go somewhere else.

Indeed. Amazon opened a warehouse in the town where my sister lives. The local community is thrilled to have the jobs.

... you live in order to work when it is the other way round in real life.

Only in the "real life" of lazy, no-character slack-asses.

Ironic coming from someone without a life.

There is way more to life than just working. Quality family time is a vital component of having a balanced life. Time to interact with friends is another.

Workaholism is an addiction no different to any other. It ruins the lives of others who depend upon the workaholic for more than merely an income source.

Why Being A Workaholic Is Awful For You AND Everyone Around You

Employees are the best assets of any establishments. I treated our employees very well with good benefits that others don't offer. Bonuses if it's a good year and promotions etc. Moral is very good. If anyone don't like their jobs the door is wide open.
We have warehouse in southern cal, Atlanta, Minneapolis and Allentown. Atlanta and Southern Ca. During summer temp. Is the main problem. We were able to minimize this by installing portable ac scattered all over warehouse.
Each of these 2 warehouses received approximately 4 to 6 shipping containers a week. It takes about 1.5 hour to empty and at boiling 125 to 130d inside. This the biggest problem. We rotate 12 WH workers every 15 min. So far I only heard 4 walk out of this job in last 12 years.
Allentown and Minneapolis. It's the other way around complained during cold weather. Also received 2 to 5 shipping containers each week and freezing inside the container. So far nobody quit in these locations because of working conditions.

Last edited:

I disagree.

So we have complaints from PA and Washington.
What about all the other distribution centers?
Want to bet the one in Houston gets a whole lot hotter in the summer?
I class these people in the whiner group,just like the $15 buck min wage bums.
They dont like where they work they're free to go elsewhere.

People are disposable then?

Great in the short term but not for the long term.

Forum List

Back