Boycott Amazon

I didn't see anything in the article that says Amazon is forcing anyone to work there.
I didn't either, however, if they want people to work for them, the working area does need to be safe doesn't it? If they are not going to take care of their employees in a fair enough way, they eventually are not going to have any.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Because of its massive advertizing budget and other ties to the company the media often seems to be in bed with Amazon. This means you seldom hear anything bad about the retail behemoth and stories are always being put before us as free advertising. While the people who love and support Amazon might claim the points above show Amazon and its CEO to be clever, cunning, and masters of the game, an argument can be make that an aura of evil hangs over much of what it has created.

Amazon is a major job killer and should be recognized as such. While politicians tout how they helped Amazon create a few hundred or thousand jobs in a certain area or state they often fail to comprehend the number of jobs they destroyed or the damage they do to the communities devastated by the unfair competition they have endorsed. Amazon abuses and exploits the brick and mortar stores that line streets throughout America. These are the stores that employ our family members, support little league teams in the community, and add value to our lives.

The low prices many consumers buying from the company claim to enjoy have a hidden price often paid for by others. In playing "hardball" it is difficult to overlook how the company has exploited and targeted concerns working within the established rules that positively affect and add to our society. People should consider what kind of community and society they want in coming years before jumping on the Amazon bandwagon. The article below explores fifteen things Amazon is in no hurry to tell you.

http://brucewilds.blogspot.com/2015/08/fifteen-things-amazon-wont-tell-you.html

Because of its massive advertizing budget and other ties to the company the media often seems to be in bed with Amazon. This means you seldom hear anything bad about the retail behemoth and stories are always being put before us as free advertising. While the people who love and support Amazon might claim the points above show Amazon and its CEO to be clever, cunning, and masters of the game, an argument can be make that an aura of evil hangs over much of what it has created.

Amazon is a major job killer and should be recognized as such. While politicians tout how they helped Amazon create a few hundred or thousand jobs in a certain area or state they often fail to comprehend the number of jobs they destroyed or the damage they do to the communities devastated by the unfair competition they have endorsed. Amazon abuses and exploits the brick and mortar stores that line streets throughout America. These are the stores that employ our family members, support little league teams in the community, and add value to our lives.

The low prices many consumers buying from the company claim to enjoy have a hidden price often paid for by others. In playing "hardball" it is difficult to overlook how the company has exploited and targeted concerns working within the established rules that positively affect and add to our society. People should consider what kind of community and society they want in coming years before jumping on the Amazon bandwagon. The article below explores fifteen things Amazon is in no hurry to tell you.
LOL. People already decided. You are at least a decade out of sync. Ironic screen name!

Same way Walmart has made it big, people voted with their wallets. The confusion is with people like you who think a marketplace is something government sets up and some kind of "fairness" is supposed to take place. That's the thinking of children. It's never been that way, it's eat or be eaten.

Bellyaching about it changes nothing. The small stores can't compete on common items, they should specialize, this isn't 1950 anymore. I've been to numerous stores and left empty handed because of the very limited selection, not a few bucks more for goods.

Look at Sears for example. They had the market sewed up but didn't change with the times. They got fat, dumb and happy. Employees are typically jawing with each other when you go in and there's usually more employees than customers. Their tools are made in China now so it's pointless to shop tools there unless it's a special item. I have found Knipex pliers no one else stocked. But the fact is I use Amazon for many things because I'm tired of driving more and more to find less and less with unhelpful employees, might as well research the items myself.

Amazon appears to believe that you live in order to work when it is the other way round in real life.
Most companies do. Its the price you pay for not having your own business.

And yet I find the opposite to be true. Both as a manager working for other corporations and as a owner of my own business I have always adopted the rule of "family comes first".

Giving subordinates and employees the time off they need to deal with family matters has been beneficial in my experience. In every single instance the person who needed the time off has come back and worked even harder to get done any work that they might have missed.

On top of that this policy builds loyalty. Since they know they are not going to be unfairly penalized they appreciate working for someone who treats them like a human being instead of a replaceable drone.

So yes, you are right that most companies operate with the "wage slave" approach but to me it was counterproductive. The companies that actually treat their employees well are better corporate citizens IMO.

I order books from Amazon and the Marketplace because nobody else carries them. Amazon does a crap job with organization on their site so I have to know what I want before going in to search. Mom and pop stores don't carry them and won't order them for me. Used bookstores are often very, very disorganized and you can't find much because they don't bother to break it down to even the general direction of subject matter.

Brick and mortar stores and mom and pop stores are killing themselves. I came across an article this last year that discussed how people were going into the brick and mortar stores to try on clothes and then ordering them on line. I'm sure that people do that. There are a great many of us that are going in to check out the selection and if it doesn't exist or is third world then we don't even bother to go back. The question is, why do I have to go online to order it?

There seems to be this attitude of this is our selection and you will buy it, like it and anything else is unfair competition because I have no intention of adapting to the times or changing one little thing. I will open up shop when I want to and you guess the times. I am going to open up a restaurant but I am not going to put a menu up online. I am going to open a gift store that looks exactly like two others on the same street. I'm going to open up a grocery store but have a very limited amount of items. I am going to open a convenience store where people can pay 5 bucks for the convenience of grabbing a gallon of milk.

Amazon appears to believe that you live in order to work when it is the other way round in real life.
Most companies do. Its the price you pay for not having your own business.

And yet I find the opposite to be true. Both as a manager working for other corporations and as a owner of my own business I have always adopted the rule of "family comes first".

Giving subordinates and employees the time off they need to deal with family matters has been beneficial in my experience. In every single instance the person who needed the time off has come back and worked even harder to get done any work that they might have missed.

On top of that this policy builds loyalty. Since they know they are not going to be unfairly penalized they appreciate working for someone who treats them like a human being instead of a replaceable drone.

So yes, you are right that most companies operate with the "wage slave" approach but to me it was counterproductive. The companies that actually treat their employees well are better corporate citizens IMO.
You are in the minority of intelligent business owners. All the concepts you pointed out are what seems to be common sense but not commonly implemented. Most companies bet on the fact that most people are frightened of losing their jobs due to bills and other obligations. When more people demand better wages and working conditions this will change but it seems to be getting worse.

I order books from Amazon and the Marketplace because nobody else carries them. Amazon does a crap job with organization on their site so I have to know what I want before going in to search. Mom and pop stores don't carry them and won't order them for me. Used bookstores are often very, very disorganized and you can't find much because they don't bother to break it down to even the general direction of subject matter.

Brick and mortar stores and mom and pop stores are killing themselves. I came across an article this last year that discussed how people were going into the brick and mortar stores to try on clothes and then ordering them on line. I'm sure that people do that. There are a great many of us that are going in to check out the selection and if it doesn't exist or is third world then we don't even bother to go back. The question is, why do I have to go online to order it?

There seems to be this attitude of this is our selection and you will buy it, like it and anything else is unfair competition because I have no intention of adapting to the times or changing one little thing. I will open up shop when I want to and you guess the times. I am going to open up a restaurant but I am not going to put a menu up online. I am going to open a gift store that looks exactly like two others on the same street. I'm going to open up a grocery store but have a very limited amount of items. I am going to open a convenience store where people can pay 5 bucks for the convenience of grabbing a gallon of milk.

The american public is malleable and easily manipulated. The mom and pop stores are a thing of the past unless they have some very special item only they can produce and sell. They have an entire industry devoted to swaying public opinion and separating you from your money. There may be one offs but until the majority of people begin to exercise critical thinking there is no stopping this. This is how you know people in power basically herd the population where they want them to go. I was thinking the other day when everyone was upset over the concept of people having chips implanted in humans. The industry found a way around this instinctive negative reaction and found a way to not only get it done but have people pay for the privilege in the form of cell phones. In 20 years or so people will probably pay to have a chip implanted if it provides some function they tell you that you cant do without..

when a person needs a leftwing rag to run their lives. No wonder our country is in so much trouble. You whiners are always FREE start your OWN COMPANIES and you can treat YOUR employees to a lap of Luxury if YOU SO PLEASE. let us know how long you stay in business.

when a person needs a leftwing rag to run their lives. No wonder our country is in so much trouble. You whiners are always FREE start your OWN COMPANIES and you can treat YOUR employees to a lap of Luxury if YOU SO PLEASE. let us know how long you stay in business.

I've been running my business for 30 years and my parents before that. Now my son is my CEO in last 5 years.
Is that long enough?

The best out of this article is that Amazon is the place overachievers go to feel bad about themselves. The brutality of the promotion plan assures that only the best rise. That explains Amazon's success. There isn't anything about Amazon's practice that I disagree with.

What we all need to do is: boycott the Company called the, Democrat party.

Remember how we were all supposed to have been SAVED, all living high off the hog, full employment, no poverty, etc when the DEAR leader was elected?

instead they are leading you back into the hell called POVERTY because they LIED TO YOU AGAIN. we need to be saved from that party and those who VOTES for them even after they get caught LYING right in your face

Forum List

Back