Brazil's Bolsonaro says everyone should buy a rifle

night_son

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2018
The Full Moon
The Article:

Brazil's Bolsonaro says everyone should buy a rifle

From the Article:

"SAO PAULO, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Brazil's right-wing President Jair Bolsonaro on Friday said that everyone should buy a rifle, in a meeting with his supporters outside the Alvorada Palace, the president's official residence.

Bolsonaro, who has tried to change the laws to allow more Brazilians to bear arms for self defense, said those who oppose guns should stop nagging gun buyers."

Comment(s):

Paul McCartney sang it best, "Listen to what the man said." Sticks and stones may break some bones, if you can get close enough. Otherwise, listen to what the man said!

As Emperor of the Western Hemisphere I have ordered that everyone free to walk the streets is armed.

Bolosonaro is merely following my dictates.

In Brazil, all firearms are required to be registered with the minimum age for gun ownership being 25.[1] It is generally illegal to carry a gun outside a residence, and a special permit granting the right to do so is granted to certain groups, such as law enforcement officers.[2] For citizens to legally own a gun, they must have a gun license, which costs R$88,00[3] and pay a fee every ten years to renew the gun register.[4] The registration can be done online or in person with the Federal Police.[5] Until 2008, unregistered guns could be legalized for free.[6]

It is estimated that there are around 17 million firearms in Brazil,[7] 9 million of which are unregistered.[1] Some 39,000 people died in 2003 from gun-related injuries nationwide.[7] In 2004, the number was 36,000.[1] Brazil has the second largest arms industry in the Western Hemisphere.[8] Approximately 80% of the weapons manufactured in Brazil are exported, mostly to neighboring countries; many of these weapons are then smuggled back into Brazil.[8] Some firearms in Brazil come from police and military arsenals, having either been "stolen or sold by corrupt soldiers and officers."[8]

Mandatory registration.

In all fairness it's a lot harder to sneak up on some with a rifle than it is with a handgun or a knife.

As Emperor of the Western Hemisphere I have ordered that everyone free to walk the streets is armed.

Bolosonaro is merely following my dictates.

We're all whistling past the graveyard at midnight. May as well be packing heat while we're doing it. Better to be on this side, the alive side, of that cold, cold iron fence . . .

Using the term "right wing" to describe South American political regimes is incorrect but often used by both ignorant media types and left wingers. The same criteria for alleged right wing S.A. politics could be used to describe the Biden administration as well as the Obama and Clinton administrations. Using secret police to intimidate citizens and attacking previous administrations is a long standing democrat party tactic.

Forum List

Back